Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Christmas movie?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Gladiator, hands down:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Seriously Lads,
    I urge you to see "A Christmas Story",. It's about a kid in 50's AMerica who wants a bebe gun from Santa and the lengths he has to go to to make sure he gets it. Genuinely funny and warm.:)

washiskin wrote: »
    Seriously Lads,
    I urge you to see "A Christmas Story",. It's about a kid in 50's AMerica who wants a bebe gun from Santa and the lengths he has to go to to make sure he gets it. Genuinely funny and warm.:)
    Yeah it's brilliant. Hugely popular in America. Apparently there's a channel that shows it for 24 hours non stop at Christmas every year!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just like , its a wonderfull life

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Home alone
    love actually
    the santa clause
    the snowman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Santa Clause the Movie is my number 1

The Snowman
    The Polar Express
    Its a Wonderful Life
    Christmas with the Kranks
    A Christmas Story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

A V A wrote: »
    candy your doll!!! i forgot the holiday , thats my favorite film , i think its just brilliant

i dont know why but its a warm film , very well written and directed and acting in it is great :)
    i still watch it , i think jude law is great in it (man crush) and him and diaz suite each other in it .i just want another film to come like that , but they seem to take so long.im a lad and i can admit that is a good film alright :)

oh yes, tis a truly xmassy movie without being too xmassy! has the right amount of tears and laughs too! :) yeah, there hasnt really been anything like that yet tbh, it went love actually, phantom of the opera (i know its not a "xmas film" but always reminds me of xmas) and then the holiday.

125 Days
    8 Hours
    39 Minutes
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

125 Days
    8 Hours
    39 Minutes
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Never seen that one :confused: Is it a new cinema release then?

ye you should go see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

I love Christmas so so so so much! Cant wait for it this year.Fave movies are muppets christmas carol as number 1 anyway, the snowman, home alone 1 and 2. gremlins, the grinch, elf, anything christmassy and im happy. if anyone has sky there is a movie channel thats free called movies 24 and for the month of december it shows christmas movies only!! it changes to christmas 24 :D there all really naff but its great for getting in the christmas spirit!! i have a checklist in the countdown to christams that icludes hearing fairy tale of new york on radio for the first time and seeing the budweiser ad for the first time. its very extensive and contains a lot of watching movies!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love Christmas so so so so much! Cant wait for it this year.Fave movies are muppets christmas carol as number 1 anyway, the snowman, home alone 1 and 2. gremlins, the grinch, elf, anything christmassy and im happy. if anyone has sky there is a movie channel thats free called movies 24 and for the month of december it shows christmas movies only!! it changes to christmas 24 :D there all really naff but its great for getting in the christmas spirit!! i have a checklist in the countdown to christams that icludes hearing fairy tale of new york on radio for the first time and seeing the budweiser ad for the first time. its very extensive and contains a lot of watching movies!!! lol

:eek::eek: you're like my twin! Well i don't have lists now but i get terribly excited over the Christmas season:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

leahyl wrote: »
    :eek::eek: you're like my twin! Well i don't have lists now but i get terribly excited over the Christmas season:D

Lol, well not a written list, just a mental checklist. love christmas so much. cant wait for it already!! hehehe:D

Lol, well not a written list, just a mental checklist. love christmas so much. cant wait for it already!! hehehe:D

Me too!! I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE CHRISTMAS! I start getting excited around this time usually - but i'm going away on hols next week and then when i get back i'm going to see Buble in concert so once all that's finished it's full steam ahead!!:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Did ye ever see the movie 4 Christmases.
    Its about a young couple who normally skip Christmas and go on holidays but this year they have to go to the guys fathr who lives with his brother, his mother who is now dating his childhood friend. Then they go to her mothers and she is after going mad into this new church she going to and they end up going to the church and end up being Mary and Joseph. Then they go to her dad's housse. It was just so stupid. I wish I had 4 Chrishtmases tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Home Alone 1
    Miracle on 34th Street
    Love Actually
    Elf-Love this film!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Where's the love for Scrooged? Savage film and a tour-de-force from Bill Murray.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

ELF :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

lord lucan wrote: »
    Where's the love for Scrooged? Savage film and a tour-de-force from Bill Murray.:)

Never seen it.

guys i havent even seen the recent christmas carol with jim carey ??? is it any use

• Advertisement

guys i havent even seen the recent christmas carol with jim carey ??? is it any use

Ya i thought it was good - i always thought that story was a bit dark and depressing though for a Christmas story but Jim Carrey was pretty good alright:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The Santa Clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

any body just love the polar express:)

the santa clause 1 and 2

the snowman /U]

die hard baby :D:D:D:D:D

obviously home 1/2 , a muppets christmas carol and a christmas carol

maybe not die hard but all of the above! Father Christmas and the Polar Express and The Grinch oh i love them all

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I love everything that has to so with Santa or Christmas even down to the cartoons...So if it has one or both in the title i'm viewing....LOVE THEM ALL...they are all on my list.

think i might watch the santa clause one or two??? hmmmm its not early is it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie of all time. If you don't agree with me, I will fight you...

I agree, 2nd is home alone!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

In the last few years it's been Love Actually.

When I was younger, though, I loved Home Alone and The Santa Claus.

To be honest I love any Christmas film. And the various Christmas specials on TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Polar Express.

Great film. We watch it every Christmas Eve with he kids before they go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

OH! And Gremlins!

Advertisement