Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant eligibility if you have a BA from another country

Options
  • 06-08-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

This is probably a very stupid q (in that the answer is probably yes) but if you already have a BA from another country does it count as an existing degree when applying for the grant (I will be starting a BA in a completely different field in 2010/2011)? The conditions for grant elig. are listed below. The question I have is around the red point - is a foreign BA counted as an approved Ordinary degree course, and what about "for the first time"?

Thanks!
    You are eligible to apply for a grant if you meet all of the following conditions:

I am entering an approved Higher Certificate or Ordinary Degree course* for the first time**

I do not already hold an Honours Bachelor degree or equivalent Level 8 qualification

I have not completed more than one year of an Honours Bachelor Degree or equivalent Level 8 qualification

I am not pursuing a Level 8 Honours Bachelor Degree course
    *Approved under the Third Level Maintenance Grant Scheme for Trainees
    **Including entering a one-year ‘add-on’ Ordinary Degree course for the first time

Advertisement