Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 845 / Huawei Joy?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, im thinking of upgrading my Nokia to this phone the Vodafone 845 (a.k.a Huawei Joy). Hard enough to find proper reviews. It seems like good value for money, €119 online or €129 instore. From what I gather the specs are:

2.8" Resistive touch screen (320×240 pixels)
    3.2mp Camera
    2.1 Android Eclair OS
    512mhz Processor
    Optical Trackpad
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    1200mAh Battery

vodadone_845_Huawei_Joy-3-202x300.jpg

Whats everyone's take on it? Could you upgrade to Android 2.2 somehow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

cant say its **** cause i never used it or even heard of it for that matter...

but i know that every single phone that vodafone put their name on was an absolute disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

but i know that every single phone that vodafone put their name on was an absolute disaster

I wouldn't go that far, but they were heavily branded alright

i dont mean just the brand on the phone i mean the specific vodafone made phones like the one OP is asking about Vodafone specific Samsungs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i dont mean just the brand on the phone i mean the specific vodafone made phones like the one OP is asking about Vodafone specific Samsungs etc

They are not made by vodafone though, they are the same as any phone, its the software that they decide that makes or brakes the phone. Thats was i was referring to rather that just the physical logo's that do appear on some.

Davy wrote: »
    They are not made by vodafone though, they are the same as any phone, its the software that they decide that makes or brakes the phone. Thats was i was referring to rather that just the physical logo's that do appear on some.

yeah os wise and vodafone likes to kick in some bloatware into to it + their 360 crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Señor Ding-Dong

I too was thinking of getting this to replace my Nokia e63, there aren't many reviews that I could find, but this unboxing video gives you some idea of what it is like ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XxbjNrnlfI&feature=fvst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drazha

I got the phone myself. It is not starblazer like the Samsung, but for a first Android Smartphone, with decent capabilities, it is good, and I am mildly impressed.

However, if you are not into hacking, messing, experimenting and what not, and just want a phone to use, better stick with Nokia's or iPhones.

BR//Drazha

Advertisement