Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird conversation with revenue.ie

• 06-08-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering about this - I had a very weird conversation with a lady from the tax office today. Well at least I think I did.

I called up to transfer tax credits over from a school I was working in for the summer to my real job for september.

She asked me to verify who I was by asking me my name, date of birth and address.

She then proceeded to ask me if I had access to the internet. I said that I did and she asked me to email her at a revenue email address stating what my date of birth was and confirming that I claim this is in fact my date of birth. She also asked me to make sure that I included my PPS number.

WTF!!! I did it of course, but now I'm wondering if I should have. I mean, I called them.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Yes

The revenue need to ensure that they are talking to the correct person who is the owner of the PPS number. I believe there have been cases where the original person who owned the PPS number leaves the country and sells their pps number onto another person for the purposes of fraud.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

dbran wrote: »
    Yes

The revenue need to ensure that they are talking to the correct person who is the owner of the PPS number. I believe there have been cases where the original person who owned the PPS number leaves the country and sells their pps number onto another person for the purposes of fraud.

Kind Regards

dbran

Oh, okay, well thats fine then! :) No need to panic that I've been scammed! Its in the media so much I think I'm becoming paranoid!!

thanks

Advertisement