Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTB rotor rub

• 06-08-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi lads a bought a new cube reaction elixir R mountain bike about 3-4 months ago.
    It runs on avid elixir R hydr. Disc brakes. On my last quick outing I noticed sum rotor rub on the front and not on the back.
    I have not put in new pads yet,
    The rotor don’t look warped and the wheel looks in straight and tight

Any ideas ?????
    Thanks
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Loosen the bolts attaching the caliper to the frame, squeeze the brake and then re-tighten the caliper. This might line the rotor up better.

If it's badly off, you can get very thin washers to re-align the caliper where it screws into the frame.

If it's only a slight rub, don't worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

Gavin wrote: »
    Loosen the bolts attaching the caliper to the frame, squeeze the brake and then re-tighten the caliper. This might line the rotor up better.

If it's badly off, you can get very thin washers to re-align the caliper where it screws into the frame.

If it's only a slight rub, don't worry about it

i have did that, just have a very slight rub will drive me mental if i dont get rid of it :rolleyes:

must be a way to fix it myself. if not might bring it to a bike shop c what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

pump wrote: »
    i have did that, just have a very slight rub will drive me mental if i dont get rid of it :rolleyes:

must be a way to fix it myself. if not might bring it to a bike shop c what they say

washers

Gavin wrote: »
    washers

looks to me as if the pads are not openning that mm wide enough.

could that happen after a bit of use ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭bubble_wrap

pump wrote: »
    looks to me as if the pads are not openning that mm wide enough.

could that happen after a bit of use ?

yeah, did you bring it back for your free service - i take it you got it in cyclesuperstore, also youtube is a great source for seeing how to service your bike, everything is on it and most stuff is fairly easy to do - with a little patience

• Advertisement

yeah, did you bring it back for your free service - i take it you got it in cyclesuperstore, also youtube is a great source for seeing how to service your bike, everything is on it and most stuff is fairly easy to do - with a little patience

yea had a look at youtube but still go it after a bit of ajusting.
    will give the cycle superstore a shut ment to bring it back for a service anyway.
    thanks for the help bubble wrap

Advertisement