Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance after a ban ?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello all . i've just served a one year ban for drink driving. I was caught one saturday morning driving my van to work with a slight hang over. The breath test in the barracks showed 38 micro-grams/100 cc of breath.The limit is 35 !
    It was the lowest ever fail at athlone garda station. Now I need to get insured. Last time I paid 330 euro and now they are quoting 1100 !
    Can any one advise me where to look ? I need commercial insurance for a toyota liteace. Thank you, Frank L.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

1100 aint that bad tbh. First year back always gonna be a bitter pill to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 first year back on the road I'm afraid they are gonna put a saddle on you.

Best bet is to get out the yellow pages and ring every insurance company and broker for a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

Hey,

You should try Quinn direct , You will still have your full no claims bonus as its within 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 26 frankledwith

Thanks rebecca,but Quinn wont talk to ya unless you are an existing customer and then they'll sit up on ya. I got commercial third party only from a midlands broker for an unbelieveable e590. If any one needs to know where I got this price contact me privately please.

Advertisement