Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom software for Ireland

Options
  • 06-08-2010 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

We were recently in the States and picked up a TomTom to get us around. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the software for Irish navigation so we can use it here?

Cheers!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its just the maps you need. They can be bought and downloaded at TomTom.com
    Also download TomTom Home to install the maps. It will also update the application software if a newer version is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

I bought one in Ireland a week ago and I was able to download western Europe map. just insert the CD and connect your navigator to the computer and it should be simple, it can take some time if you have slow internet connection.
    They normally give free download of maps within a month of purchase

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    I bought one in Ireland a week ago and I was able to download western Europe map. just insert the CD and connect your navigator to the computer and it should be simple, it can take some time if you have slow internet connection.
    They normally give free download of maps within a month of purchase

I think you are confusing this with a Garmin.
    For Tom Tom devices you install TomTom Home on your PC (or mac)
    Connect your device & select update my device. TomTom Home will then show you all updates available along with MapShare corrections if you have that option enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

koolkid wrote: »
    I think you are confusing this with a Garmin.
    For Tom Tom devices you install TomTom Home on your PC (or mac)
    Connect your device & select update my device. TomTom Home will then show you all updates available along with MapShare corrections if you have that option enabled.
    No I am not, I don't know what is Garmin I guess it is something like TomTom,
    With TomTom, after I connected it gave me the option of what map do I want and I downloaded it, if you want you can just update the map you already have it doesn't force you to update the map that you already have, may be there is something I don't know but it worked for me.

Just wondering what CD you used.
    Everything with TomTom is usually online or on your device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement