Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING STUPID......

• 06-08-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Guys do ye know if watching tv shows online can cause you to exceed limit of GB? (Im with eircom) I am clueless when it comes to that stuff! but I know social networking sites can cause you to go over with alot of use... according to 02 (my old broadband provider)!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

yes it uses quite a bit actually.

a good quality/lengthy tv show can be upto 500mb.

also, caps lock is that way <

edit: facebook etc shouldnt use very much bandwidth, unless you're viewing and uploading a hell of a lot of photos and videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Everything you do online uses up your allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

TV shows on the likes of RTE's catch up service and YouTube can really give things a rattle. General browsing, including Facebook and the likes won't do all that much damage.

You say you're with Eircom - you can check how much of your monthly allowance you've used by going to http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/ and typing in your account number (which will be on the top of your bill) and your phone number.

There are a couple of free programs that can monitor how much you're uploading and downloading if you want to use them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i used to have Eirfail and used to use that monitor but am now with UPC, do they have something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Skerries wrote: »
    i used to have Eirfail and used to use that monitor but am now with UPC, do they have something similar?

You can email them on this address to check you usage.

aup@upc.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ranicand wrote: »
    You can email them on this address to check you usage.

aup@upc.ie

would it be possible to get a history of my usage off them.

i would be intrested in know how much i have used over the last year.

Advertisement