Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re traffic times

Options
  • 06-08-2010 5:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi was just wondering if anyone could help me. I've to be at Dublin port for a ferry crossing at 8am on tuesday, so I need to be at the port around 7am. Because we are coming up from Limerick we are staying overnight near the Red Cow. I'm okay with driving through the city, but wondered roughly how long it would take at that time in the morning. I've never been to the port before, do I need to go through the tunnel?
    Hope someone can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can go through the tunnel yes, but it will cost you €3 i think, plus it will cost you going across the west link toll, which is another €3 if your not registered for it.

Just leave the red cow, go inbound along the nass road, straight in the whole way, down onto the quays, cross over the liffey and straight down the north quays till the very end, turn left at the o2 (the point) and you will be just at the port entrance. If you left at 6.30, you would probably be there for 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There do be no traffic jams before 7am.(in fact you could get away with it till 7:30am) crossing from west to the east of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering if anyone could help me. I've to be at Dublin port for a ferry crossing at 8am on tuesday, so I need to be at the port around 7am. Because we are coming up from Limerick we are staying overnight near the Red Cow. I'm okay with driving through the city, but wondered roughly how long it would take at that time in the morning. I've never been to the port before, do I need to go through the tunnel?
    Hope someone can help me.

You could stay closer to the port, if you dont have it booked (assuming its a hotel). Otherwise leave at 6.30 you will be there for 7. You can just come in along the quays, its a straight road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for the great help. we are on a tight budget so its a bit cheaper staying outside of the city:rolleyes:

Advertisement