Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing- Garda Vetting

Options
  • 06-08-2010 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have recently received an offer to study nursing through the cao, and I'm a little anxious about the Garda Vetting process.
    Ten years ago, I was up in court and I have 2 common assault convictions against me. Only got a small fine at the time, and I was wondering whether this will affect my entrance into the course???? Looking for advice on the subject????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Hi,
    I have recently received an offer to study nursing through the cao, and I'm a little anxious about the Garda Vetting process.
    Ten years ago, I was up in court and I have 2 common assault convictions against me. Only got a small fine at the time, and I was wondering whether this will affect my entrance into the course???? Looking for advice on the subject????

No idea. I would just call into your local Garda station and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

I don't really know either but I would think there is a Statute of Limitations on your conviction. Given that it was 10 years ago and as long as you've behaved yourself since then, then (hopefully) enough time has passed and it should no longer be held against you.

Like I said though, I'm not entirely sure. Find out about the Statute of Limitations or bite the bullet and ask the college??

Advertisement