Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going into second year.

Options
  • 06-08-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when are nui going to contact all the students going into second year about start dates and timetables and stuff, I really need to know for job reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

yer man! wrote: »
    Just wondering when are nui going to contact all the students going into second year about start dates and timetables and stuff, I really need to know for job reasons.

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

6th of September was the date I was told. That's for Arts anyway.

I'd assume we'll get emails from course co-ordinators like last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭yer man!

6th of September was the date I was told. That's for Arts anyway.

I'd assume we'll get emails from course co-ordinators like last year though.
    Ya it's science I'm going into and they are pretty slow at getting around to contacting students, took ages to get subject acceptance form from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i'm heading into 2nd science as well. there's a general timetable layout in the handbook on blackboard, but it's not final.
    i'm sure if you email cora in the college of science office, she'll give ya a bit of info.
    we're back the 6th of september anyway. i'm sure they'll email/send a letter out giving details on when/where the lectures are and when we'll pick up our id cards. :)

they're prob busy with CAO forms now. fecking incoming 1st years :rolleyes::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

whiteman19 wrote: »
    they're prob busy with CAO forms now. fecking incoming 1st years :rolleyes::P

I don't think that's the way it works...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

If you're going into 2nd Arts, you start back on September 6th, but don't expect to receive emails necessarily from any subject, as you haven't actually picked 2nd Arts subjects yet.
    Most departments (or disciplines, as they are now being called by the powers that be) will have information posted on their respective notice boards about the introductory session, where timetables are explained and sometimes students are put into groups provisionally.
    Note also, and apologies if this is obvious, but you won't be getting any information on modules through Blackboard until you register your subject choice. Once you register your chosen modules will magically apply in your account, usually 24 hours after registration.
    Because of the delay in access to Blackboard, you are less likely to get information sent to you through this medium until around Week 3 of term.
    A good idea, if you're round Galway the week before, might be to nip in and check the notice boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Advertisement