Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emigrating: Should I Sign on First?

• 06-08-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi lads,

I’m finishing up college at the end of August. I’ve been working for the summer, but that will be drying up then too. I’ve never signed on for the dole before, but I am thinking of emigrating to England. I have a bit of money saved. Should I sign on for the dole before I leave, so that I’ll be eligible for it if I can’t find work in England and have to come home? Obviously I'd let them know that I was leaving the country before I went, but what I'm asking is if I don't register myself now for the few weeks before I leave, will I not be able to apply for the dole when I get back? And is there any point in applying for just a few weeks, since apparently it takes ages for the application to go through?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I am fairly sure that you have to register in person.

They might refuse your claim, but one of the things they will do is set up an appointment to register you for a national insurance number (same as PPS). This will be very useful when you do get a job as its slower for employers to get an NI number.

Advertisement