Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2010 intake

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

When did you sit your apptitude exam John?

there is no aptitude for the reserve. you go straight to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HighTower88

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Wel im doing a few hours every evening now at this stage. Dont know if we should learn everything word for word but im trying to. We were told it would be handy enough too but if i aim high i can only fall so much.Lol

Notting offical about phase 3 but AFAIK its still taking place of the friday and sat the 5th and 6th of november.

Im going to ring today to say im going down the thursday night so if there is changes im guessing i will find out then.

Yea im doing a bit myself each evening too but I don't now what to expect. I haven't seen any sample questions/answers. Do you know how long the exam takes? And are we all taking it at the same time and date?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

From what i was told by our tutor that its 60mins long but he also said that you will have it done and checked within 20mins and not to worry about time.
    I haven't got/given any sample questions eather but most of the questions will be based on a multiple choice style questions.
    Templemore have set that the official date of the exam to be on Tuesday November 2nd but that's flexible to each center. I'm doing it on the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 man mountain

From what i was told by our tutor that its 60mins long but he also said that you will have it done and checked within 20mins and not to worry about time.
    I haven't got/given any sample questions eather but most of the questions will be based on a multiple choice style questions.
    Templemore have set that the official date of the exam to be on Tuesday November 2nd but that's flexible to each center. I'm doing it on the 2nd.

Good Luck next week, im still waiting on my BR checks so hopefully i'll get through next year. Is there much studying on certain laws or crimenology? Im asking as im studying Forensics.....

Just rang the garda college there and phase 3 is still on the 5th and 6th of November as planned.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it. I think someone said during phase one last that nobody has ever failed this exam so we should be ok. (although you don't want to be the first either!!).

Best of luck with it. I think someone said during phase one last that nobody has ever failed this exam so we should be ok. (although you don't want to be the first either!!).

Thanks. Dont think im fully ready for it but im going to give it my best effort.

Wel we were told that there was one person to fail in our area. But they could see it comming because he didnt do any work. He passed the second time though.Lol

Pass or fail were all going to phase 3 because exams wont be marked in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Good Luck next week, im still waiting on my BR checks so hopefully i'll get through next year. Is there much studying on certain laws or crimenology? Im asking as im studying Forensics.....

<Mod Edit: Their is to be no discussion of the exams ... per our Forum Charter that you Spartan09 should be well aware of now since the length of time you have been posting in here:-
    - #You may not describe or request, in any way, details of any role plays, video clips, examinations, questionnaires, spoken word or physical task that may be used in the recruitment process of any employer. Helping someone prepare for an interview is fine, but telling someone what the questions are before the exam is cheating >

Thanks. Dont think im fully ready for it but im going to give it my best effort.

Wel we were told that there was one person to fail in our area. But they could see it comming because he didnt do any work. He passed the second time though.Lol

Pass or fail were all going to phase 3 because exams wont be marked in time.

Well how did it go for you? I thought there was a few tricky questions in it. Even my training sergeant said he didnt know a of the few answers himself! I think I did enough to pass it, but not by much.

Fair play well done.
    Didnt go too bad for me eather. I think i passed anyway so thats the main thing.
    Ya there was a few tricky ones but if you had read the material then you would of known most of them.

It will be more important to know your Acts and Sections for when were down in templemore doing the role plays and the like.

• Advertisement

Any tips from anyone who has completed phase 3. Much of a difference from phase 1?
    Our intake is heading down again this weekend.

May of said phase 4 by mistake.

Any tips from anyone who has completed phase 4. Much of a difference from phase 2?
    Our intake is heading down again this weekend.

Did they send you anything by email or in the post about the details for phase 3?? I haven't seen anything about it apart from a letter that they sent to my training sergeant which stated about having our haircut short and also to be there for 8am on friday.

No i dont think we get any more info other then what you were told before your exam.

We were told the same stuff! Just make sure you have you picture face on.Lol

No i dont think we get any more info other then what you were told before your exam.

We were told the same stuff! Just make sure you have you picture face on.Lol

Cheers mate, I thought they would of sent something out to us. Are you heading down the night before or are you going down on friday morning? 8am is an early start!

No problem.

Ya going down tomorrow night. Booked in last week. The guy in admin said that they didnt want us to go down the night before but i managed to twist his arm.

Glad i did now when i found out the 8am start.

No problem.

Ya going down tomorrow night. Booked in last week. The guy in admin said that they didnt want us to go down the night before but i managed to twist his arm.

Glad i did now when i found out the 8am start.

Should of done the same myself, probably to late to book now. Will ring them tomarrow to see. Surprised they didnt have beds for everyone on the thursday nite. Seems a bit unreasonable seeing as were doing this as volunteers. Will have to leave home at 5am with the way it is now.

Well i thought it was strange myself. I cant see why they wouldnt have rooms for everyone. Its not like its going to cost anymore. We would be using the rooms a few hours later anyway.

Give it a shot i cant see him saying no if you ask.

I have to say phase 3 has to be the best and busiest two days that i have had in a good while.
    Its hard all the same too. The pain is just starting to go from me today.Lol

But anyone who is waiting to get trough to this stage, it will be worth the wait.

Bring on Phase 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

Anyone hear anything on what's going on in phase 4 and what stations you got? Haven't heard anything yet.

No got no contact yet myself. Was worrying i was the only one.

When you going down for the ASP course?

• Advertisement
Advertisement