Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional forums

Options
  • 06-08-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a new thread at around 2pm today about the Light Rail proposed for Waterford. I posted in the Waterford County forum as most of it will be in the County and into Wexford. No response, and in fact there have been no posts at all in Waterford County since then.

Someone else posts an identical post topic in the City forum at 5.30 or so and there have been half a dozen responses in just over an hour. Not exactly a discussion, no-one is very convinced :D but indicative of the situation in the city and county forums.

There are 60,300 posts in the city, 4,500 ish in the county. And that includes Dungarvan, the county town. I notice a similar trend in Kilkenny. So why have two fora in one county? Or at any rate why not do east Waterford and West Waterford, though it does seem as though west Waterford is a desert in terms of how many posters live over there. All the action seems to be in Waterford and Tramore, so why separate them?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You think that is bad? There is a seperate North West forum under the North West banner.

Tumbleweed would get lonely in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The kilkenny county forum has very little or no traffic, kilkenny city has loads. The south east forum, under which all of these are sub forums has practiaclly no traffic, and any threads started ( usually by new posters) are unanswered or at best redirected.

I brought the issue up in the Kilekenny forum, but it was locked and I was told to bring it up here or in Forum Requests, but i never got around to it. i added a poll and most people thought it would be better have just one forum for kilkenny.

The threads in question are here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some forums are just more dead than others. They get maybe a post or two per month, if even.
    I think it has to do with that the city and suburbs has the majority of the population, it doesn't leave many posters in the county.

It also depends on the mods in the city forum, are there threads in the city forum that should be in the county forum? If so report the thread so maybe the mod moves it over and the posters follow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

looksee wrote: »
    I posted a new thread at around 2pm today about the Light Rail proposed for Waterford. I posted in the Waterford County forum as most of it will be in the County and into Wexford. No response, and in fact there have been no posts at all in Waterford County since then.

All forums but one have had traffic today. It isn't as bad as all that really.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=207

You posted on 06-08-2010. Since then there have been more posts in the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Northwest had one post yday which was bumping a thread from 06 and should have been in Sligo anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The County forum is quiet, aye, but its not as bad as other County forums in region. City forums will generally always be busier.

I still see no issue with merging them anyway.

Advertisement