Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheat free & dairy free

Options
  • 06-08-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, can anyone reccommend and wheat and dairy free foods, all i know of is spelt bread.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Spelt is wheat basically. The breads you'll eat will be a mixture of tapioca, rice, soybaum, corn (maize) etc. If I was you though i'd get over the idea of eating bread though, it'll do your body good.
    Thai food tends to be one of best and easiest choices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Wheat and dairy free foods? There's tons. All fruit, all vegetables, nuts (as long as they're not coated in stuff like dry roast), meat, fish (obviously not breaded). Try using buckwheat (it's a grass, not a wheat, despite the name) flour instead of wheat flour for things like baking.

If you can tolerate gluten but don't want to eat wheat, you can have oats which are brilliant for you. Don't forget eggs and grains such as millet and quinoa. Dark chocolate (70% and over) has no dairy in it so it's a good treat. Use margarine instead of butter or even olive oil.

Good luck!

Advertisement