Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Internet Disconnection

• 06-08-2010 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Please help me, you're my only hope, for srs.

On Vodafone Home and Broadband with a wireless modem (Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 if it helps) and the connection is abominably bad.

When it works, it works well. Paying for 3mb and I more or less get it with a decent ping. But when it goes down... Christ it's bad.

At random times throughout the day the internet just shuts down entirely. I can still connect to the modem but there's no connection to the outside world for between 1 and 10 minutes. And yes, it's truly random. Could happen several times an hour or maybe only once day.

But that's not the half of it. Equally regular is the random shutting down of the modem itself. There I am, happily blasting through n00bs in Urban Terror and then BOOM goes the modem. It's not even listed in available connection for around five minutes and then it reappears, fit as a fiddle.

It's not the laptop. It happens to the other two household computers aswell as the Wii and XBox.

So yeah, unless you want me to go on some sort of spree killing, you'll help me out here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

okay you know what? **** all of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

First of all, I've reported your post.

Secondly, check out this section: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270#

Thirdly: Are you still having the same problem?

Lastly: What lights appear/disappear on the modem when the issue happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

same issue same modem gonna try a differant one I hear that modem is only good as a paper weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I kinda have to disagree with that. Those particular modems are pretty reliable. Of course, there can be a few that slip through the quality net. Whats happening with yours? Notice any pattern with the lights?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement