Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant I get pregnant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

No sign of period yet - usual comes between 23/26 days and day 26 is Tues
    I have really sore boobs but that could be the period.
    I might try First Response tomorrow maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Im praying for you Cinderella hopefully this is your month. All my bloods came back normal but I need to do a urine test at the doctor next week. My "fertile days" start on tuesday so i praying this once again is our month. Let me know how the early pregnancy test goes.

Good news on the bloods Alde - are you taking any meds
    I just did a First Response early test and it was a negative
    here we go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Please do not use codes from other sites as it causes confusion and exclusion.
    This is one of the rules for this forum, it is listed in the charter and breaking the rules of the forum can result in infractions and bans.

Oh really cinderella that is such a shame, its so hard to go throught the two week wait as it is. Im not on any meds, im going for a urine test tomorrow and then after that they will decide whats next. Im starting my fertile days today so im hoping this once again is my month :D

• Advertisement

Period arrived last night but at least I was warned so I wasn't too upset....
    Will try again this month.....but I dont even know when I am ovulating or if I am ...I guess all will be revealed when I see the consultant

Best of luck Alde and keep me posted - its great having this Forum to share cause I can't share with anyone as nobody knows we are trying but I like it that way

Hi Cinderella sorry im only getting back to you now i havent been online. Sorry to hear you got your period its so frustrating :rolleyes: I am now at the beginning of the dreaded two week wait. We really went for it this month not just our "fertile days" so im really hoping this is it for us. And if not it will be back to square one. BABY DUST TO US

Only 4 days in to my two week wait. I have been having pain on my lower left side all day, when does implantation occur??. Its going to be a long wait to see if the dreaded period arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

alde wrote: »
    Only 4 days in to my two week wait. I have been having pain on my lower left side all day, when does implantation occur??. Its going to be a long wait to see if the dreaded period arrives.

me too! I'll wait with you! ;)

Implantation occurs between 7 and 10 Days Past Ovulation. I think 4 DPO is too early.

best of luck girls....I am starting all over again
    Cannot wait to start wonder drug clomid - wish I didn't have to wait so long to see doc :(

• Advertisement

aw sorry to hear that Cinderella (((hugs))))

It'll happen, and hopefully while you're waiting for the Clomid.

You never know cinderella you might just be lucky first time round on the clomid. All tests are back from the doctor now for me and there all clear which i suppose is a good thing. Im due mine on thursday so its another waiting game for me but i am not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Does anyone know what the success rate is with clomid tried to Google it I got American results some of which say that it should not be for prolonged use. I've just started on clomid after 3 years of trying only done investigative work this year. I went public as age is a little on my side early 30's plus it’s much cheaper.
    I’m on day 4 of the clomid and yeah the hot flushes are something else considering I’m the coldest creature on the planet. Was working yesterday and had to open the window took a while for me to cop why but remembered the side effects.
    So if anyone has any information on the success rate I would be delighted like how long it takes to work etc..

I dont know what is going on with me now. I got my period 6 days early this cycle. So I havent a clue when I am ovulating, obviously the days i taught i was ovulating this cycle I wasnt. I'll have to start testing with the ovulation kits again.

I dont know what is going on with me now. I got my period 6 days early this cycle. So I havent a clue when I am ovulating, obviously the days i taught i was ovulating this cycle I wasnt. I'll have to start testing with the ovulation kits again.

Definitely start testing with sticks again if your periods are irregular. The second phase (after ovulation) is usually always the same length, it's the ovulation date that moves around.
    I know it's sooo frustrating Alde, My period is just around the corner, I can feel it. I want this cycle over already!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I know Clomid is hailed by some as a "wonder drug" I tried 6 rounds of it over a year (4 x 50mg and 2 x 100mg)and it had absolutely no effect except leaving me plagued with ovarian cysts, which had their own ramifications. Personally, I don't think I would recommend it, but each to their own and obviously it can work.

Thanks Detective, I started testing today, I know its early in the cycle but i figured if i test my whole cycle i might get some sort of idea when i am actually ovulating :confused: I hope your wrong and your period does not arrive as usual for you again this month!

Thanks Detective, I started testing today, I know its early in the cycle but i figured if i test my whole cycle i might get some sort of idea when i am actually ovulating :confused: I hope your wrong and your period does not arrive as usual for you again this month!

what day of your cycle are you on? and when do you usually ovulate?

My period is definitely coming; I am spotting, it's due Friday. Here's a weird thing, the spotting is nearly black in coloour :eek: Wonder if it's a clomid side effect... must google it

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Hi girls, ok to join in? We've been ttc'ing for 18 months with no joy. Friends of ours got a BFP at the wkd. I was happy for them but so envious. They got married a year after us too. I felt so guilty! I'm on clomid & we've an appointment with CFC next month. Hope ye all get a BFP soon. This really is torture.

unichick wrote: »
    Hi girls, ok to join in? We've been ttc'ing for 18 months with no joy. Friends of ours got a BFP at the wkd. I was happy for them but so envious. They got married a year after us too. I felt so guilty! I'm on clomid & we've an appointment with CFC next month. Hope ye all get a BFP soon. This really is torture.

Welcome, welcome ;)
    I'm due my period tomorrow, and it's definitely coming; it's banging the door of my uterus down! :p:(

• Advertisement

Hi girls,
    Detective, I am on day 6 of my cycle (since i had the early cycle) I would have only been due today really! I am so confused by it all. I started testing on day 4 of cycle anyway and will continue to test for the cycle. I am not 100% sure of when i usually ovulate, i try to keep a note of my cervical mucus aswell as taking the ovulation tests. I think i ovulate around day 13 of my cycle. The funny thing is this month I havent had one sign of a period pain and usually i would be in agony for a day or two. Its all to hard to figure out :(
    Hey your very welcome newbie to the thread. My friend and her husband have just told me they too are pregnant, they were married 6 months after us too and it just seems so unfair, of course I am happy for them but it is very hard to deal with :(

Hopefully some day soon we will be moving on to the pregnant thread :D

Hey ladies here is hoping period wont arrive on you gals

I defo will be expecting period this month as we only had relations like once - OH has been away and we have been rowing - we are both really stressed

Hi girls,
    Detective, I am on day 6 of my cycle (since i had the early cycle) I would have only been due today really! I am so confused by it all. I started testing on day 4 of cycle anyway and will continue to test for the cycle. :D

Day 4 is a grand day to start, considering you think you ovulate on day 13. It's weird that you got your period 6 days early though. Are you sure nothing is up? maybe take a pregnancy test just to be sure. I've heard of people get what they think is an early 'light' period, only to discover it was heavier than normal implantation spotting.... not trying to get your hopes up now.... but 6 days early for no reason seems weird

Hey, I did a pregnancy test to be sure and it was negative, so ill just continue doing the ovulation tests. They have all been negative so far but we will continue on anyway!!

I just started my fricken period - my shortest cycle to date at 20 days
    I never know when I ovulate and I have tried ovulation sticks and they are all negative - I don't know how to test mucus
    The sooner i see my consultant the better

its very strange up to a few years ago before I had the coil i used to get it every 28 days down to the second it was so regular since the coil its been all over the shop - that that was a year and a half ago

when I came off the coil my period came four weeks later then mayhem started

I just started my fricken period - my shortest cycle to date at 20 days
    I never know when I ovulate and I have tried ovulation sticks and they are all negative - I don't know how to test mucus
    The sooner i see my consultant the better

its very strange up to a few years ago before I had the coil i used to get it every 28 days down to the second it was so regular since the coil its been all over the shop - that that was a year and a half ago

when I came off the coil my period came four weeks later then mayhem started

I know how you feel. I got mine yesterday...

Try vitamin B complex - it's know to extend the Luteal Phase a bit, this should give an extra few days onto your cycle.

Re cervical mucous: Anything sticky or pasty or crumby is non fertile. you don't have to touch it; just observe it on your pants. When it turns clear, wet, stretchy you are fertile. The fertile mucous can last for a few days. One drawback though is that is can be confuses with semen. the difference though is that semen won't stretch on your fingers; it breaks. If your mucous is a bit of both e.g. a bit crumby and watery then you are transitioning from non fertile to fertile. you are most fertile when you're mucous is of a raw egg white consistency.

The 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' book describes it well. If you observe it on you pants and it is is in a line and is thick (sitting on top of your pants almost) then you are non fertile. When it is absorbed in your pants, like a round wet patch, then you are fertile.

hope this helps;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sarah sinnott

you are an excellent person to refer to detective foxtrot

thanks for all you posts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thought I would share my story. (Male point of view)
    Basically tried for 5 years, doctors kept saying lose weight to both of us.
    I was tested and found to be ok
    We of course ignored them. Only in the 5th year did we change our approach
    So we both switched to a very healthy diet - lots of rabbit food, joined a gym.
    Stopped the booty calls (fun at the beginning right? but soon becomes a chore)
    And then BINGO! 1 beautiful little girl was born, def worth waiting for.

Then 2 years later, we thought have a second one, might take a while, but no, on the second attempt - Bingo again! Shocked to say the least!

So keep going, relax and hopefully it will be

oh turns out it wasn't my period just very light spotting - so we shall see but like I said before only did the hanky panky once or twice this month

its due now in a few days

Thanks for all your advice detective you are a great help

must keep an eye on my egg whites :D now i know what I am looking for

• Advertisement

oh turns out it wasn't my period just very light spotting - so we shall see but like I said before only did the hanky panky once or twice this month

its due now in a few days

you do know the spotting could have been implantation bleeding, right? I have everything crossed for you :D

Advertisement