Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant I get pregnant

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

unichick wrote: »

It seems so easy for everyone else but we have no luck. A bit down in the dumps the last few days. Ah well onwards and upwards.

(((hugsies))) unichick. I know how you feel. The first day or so of a new cycle is so depressing. I too fell like it seems it's so easy for everyone else to get pregnant and yet it just refuses to happen for me. It makes me feel like a failure sometimes... keep your chin up, it will happen, for all of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Detectiv, thanks a mill. I'm feeling more positive today. It really is a rollercoaster for some of us. It seems like everyone is just popping out kids at the min. Maybe it's cos me & hubby are more focused on it but wherever we turn work mates, friends, people in the street are pregnant! Fingers crossed I get some answers in Cork.

Best of luck to all ye girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Unichick
    Yep everyone else is popping them out, just us having issues :confused: But it will happen for us, I know that in some way I will be a mum, whether it be adoption, fostering or by birth.
    So I'm just waitng on my little miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

hi all, last weeks appointment was put off till tomorrow - getting nervy about it incase there is something seriously wrong.

a friend came to the house to tell me she was pg - only 5 weeks but she knows how hard is has been for us and she wanted to tell me face to face rather than hearing it from someone else - I just did what I normally do, big smile, huge congrats, big hug and yet feel like another little part of me dies inside - but in saying that I adore this couple to bits and am genuinely happy for them its just ........ oh I dunno can't find the words - ye'll all know how I am feeling.

Wish me look tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

best of luck tom nyeb, its always difficult to hear other peoples happy news, no matter how much you want to be happy for them it just reminds you that your not... I think you have a good friend there tho as she realised it would be tough for ya and took the initiative to make sure she told you first! Hope you get the results ur looking for tom, chin up x

• Advertisement

well didn't get the results I wanted to hear.. Basically I was told that I wasn't ovulating so have been prescribed Clomid 50mg for the next 3 months and to see how that goes. Also DH has to do a sperm analysis in the meantime.
    Dr didn't really go into much detail and judt said that hopefully he would be seeing me in the anti-natal sessions really soon - we will see.

So anyone have any advice on the whole clomid thing , cost, what time of day to take it - think I was so shocked and upset that I never thought of asking him these things - dope that I am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

well I started this thread many months ago cause I couldn't understand why I couldn't get pregnant

But scrap that I AM FINALLY PREGNANT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    well didn't get the results I wanted to hear.. Basically I was told that I wasn't ovulating so have been prescribed Clomid 50mg for the next 3 months and to see how that goes. Also DH has to do a sperm analysis in the meantime.
    Dr didn't really go into much detail and judt said that hopefully he would be seeing me in the anti-natal sessions really soon - we will see.

So anyone have any advice on the whole clomid thing , cost, what time of day to take it - think I was so shocked and upset that I never thought of asking him these things - dope that I am!!
    :confused:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

well I started this thread many months ago cause I couldn't understand why I couldn't get pregnant

But scrap that I AM FINALLY PREGNANT:D

congrats, lovely to hear success stories!!:D

thanks I am trilled
    still shocked
    took me over 18 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

congratulations, delighted for you. The fun starts here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sarah sinnott

congrats cinderella so delighted for you, its been a long road for you til now and uve only just begun! how are you getting on with being pregnant? and thanks for starting this thread cause i was probably a reader for a long time before i registered.
    however i have to add the timing of announcing ure pregnancy was a bit off... poor nyeb!!! shes just been landed with a whole different set of problems and it was probably the last thing she needed to hear. it just looked weird
    sorry cinderella just had so say it , i know youve been there too. and i know u prob wont like me for saying so as im new and im sure u have a whole new set of worries now too.

- nybe - at least theyve identified an area they can work on for you. im sure its no fun having to start using clomid but hey if it works wont it be great. its a positive step. u werent ovulating and now u will.

hope im not upsetting anyone, just felt it had to be said.

well done cinderella really am delighted for you. just read some posts from beginning-its been a long tough road for you. so happy u got a good result finally.

i just felt sorry for you nybe as i am still in the same boat as you....still hoping

hoping hoping hoping

am not in form for any more sex ever
    been trying to 2 years now, am ovulating, sperm ok

dunno.....
    was up with HARI last june did post coital test, all ok
    rang them again today to see what to do next. theyve to get back to me wed.
    unexplained unfertility?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

congrats cinderella so delighted for you, its been a long road for you til now and uve only just begun! how are you getting on with being pregnant? and thanks for starting this thread cause i was probably a reader for a long time before i registered.
    however i have to add the timing of announcing ure pregnancy was a bit off... poor nyeb!!! shes just been landed with a whole different set of problems and it was probably the last thing she needed to hear. it just looked weird
    sorry cinderella just had so say it , i know youve been there too. and i know u prob wont like me for saying so as im new and im sure u have a whole new set of worries now too.

- nybe - at least theyve identified an area they can work on for you. im sure its no fun having to start using clomid but hey if it works wont it be great. its a positive step. u werent ovulating and now u will.

hope im not upsetting anyone, just felt it had to be said.

Did Cinderella's announcement upset you? If anything I think the fact that Cinderella has been trying ot conceive for so long and has finally become pregnant should be a beacon of hope for all of you who are still on the long tough road of TTC! I'm sure that Nybe is probably feeling more optimistic than she has done in a long while, at least she has something to work with and hopefully a problem that can be fixed.

I don't think you've been very fair in your post. Cinderella is at the start of a long and exciting journey and us boardies have been supporting her since she first posted about her TTC problems. Of course she is going to want to share her news! I'm sure you will have trouble containing yourself when you fall pregnant - you will want the world to know!

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time and I really hope that you are blessed soon.

Good luck to you and Nybe and congratulations again Cinderella

OPs I really hope I didn't offend anyone
    I have been through the ups and downs and the waiting and the negative test.

I found it inspiring when May79 after ttc for ages announced she made it to the other side and I was trilled that the drugs worked and that there was help out there.

I only posted because I started the thread and I wanted to show that there was a happy ending in my story - well I hope my pregnancy is successful

I only wanted to inspire and reassure no gloating or hurtfulness intended and I am sorry if I distressed anyone

no no no i didnt upset me- i am so thrilled to hear another success story

i was just reading through the posts and thought it was a bit unfortunate that cinderellas great announcement came straight after nybe's shock that she hadnt been ovulating at all.

sorry sorry sorry. i just read it all wrong and read too much into it.

cinderella - i am so happy for you i know its been such a long road
    i hope you are really happy and healthy for the next 9 months

and best wishes to all those trying
    and good health to all those that are pregnant too

Hey all, and a huge congrats to Cinders

Yes, hearing someone you know is pg is tough but someone on a forum that you don't physically know and bump into on a daily basis is completely different and in fact for me personally gives me hope that is can happen to all of us.

Cinders has been through her tough times and now she has her long awaited and overdue good news.

I don't know if I am wording the above right or not.

But I sincerely congratulate mr & mrs cinderella and wish them a healthy 9 months and hope that when we all get our good news that their will be others there to congratulate us

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭paper cut

Just wondering if anyone here can help, i have been for an trans vaginal scan and from it the nurse / doc told me she could see what she thought was a benign clot on the endometrrial wall i think near the cervix too???? she said she wasnt ruling out fibroids or polyps either. im wondering if anyne else has heard of this or experienced this and if so what do i do now? she said the consultant will get on to me soon. She did think that this could be preventing the swimmers getting through so in one way i see it as a positive as this could be our problem as everything else is functioning as normal. If anyone can help me or advise me here thought would be great. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

A woman I used to work with had problems with conceiving and tried for years, including fertility treatment. She went through hell and back and was miserable for years. She lost weight and tried everything. She gave birth to a healthybaby girl last Thursday and is over the moon.

I was diagnosed with PCOS and i was told i will have trouble conceiving but she's given me hope for the future so don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

6th month ttc and still no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mohenley

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on TTC.
    Been TTC for over a year - had tests and all good. Was put on clomid 50mg (to help with follicles?) and now been put on 100mg clomid. Am just wondering if Clomid is the way to proceed or should I be looking for a second opinion?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

mohenley wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on TTC.
    Been TTC for over a year - had tests and all good. Was put on clomid 50mg (to help with follicles?) and now been put on 100mg clomid. Am just wondering if Clomid is the way to proceed or should I be looking for a second opinion?

Thanks

have been on clomid 6 months no difference and I have other investigations coming up I think they put you on clomid to be sure to be sure that you cant get pregnant yourself. I personally think it’s a useless drug. And not with out its hard work too mood changes hot flushes etc… played havoc with my hormones.

I have been trying for 3 years and the biggest piece of advice I could give you now is to get counselling you think that it wont catch up on you it will!!

Also there are a groupwww.infertilityireland.ie nisig@eircom.net web site doesn’t work but got an email about clinics:
    NISIG meetings are as follows
    Cork: 11th Feb Dr. Tim Dineen will speak on the effects that infertility have on people
    Dublin: 5th March: Effects that infertility have on people. Speaker TBC
    Limerick: 11th March
    please let me know if you are interested in attending any of these meetings and I will furbish you with more details
    Helen Browne
    Co-founder & Chairperson NISIG
    Have you had a laparoscopy?
    Private message me if you want more details

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Congratulations Cinderella, how far along are you?? I too found out I was pregnant last week after an ectopic and miscarriage I think I am about 6/7 weeks, have a scan on Monday all going well.
    Thats great news, delighted for you :D

Advertisement