Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Igor and the Wifey's 'Mixhell'

Options
  • 06-08-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭

u old school thrashers, the legendary drummer has a new project - as a loved-up raver :o .. don't tell me that he and she are not on E

Igor cannot hide behind a $5 bandana from the ST merchstore and pretend he is still metal, for this is unforgivable. look at his missus look of disgust when he mentions metal. well n truly under her thumb whilst Max is still whining about Andreas Kisser being obsessed with money like a fat crustie hobo w/ the mind of a child whilst chugging out dross since 1996 having jumped ship cos his GF gloria said so. am no misogynist but the Cavalera bros have a history of allowing women to mess w/ their mindset and derail their careers.

- also here's iggor's guide to scene clobber.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

so what if he's on E?

and so what if he likes creating other types of music?

was there an 11th commandment stating "thou shalt only play heavy metal forsaking all other genres" that i missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

ah .. ffs :( disappointin sole response. that 11th commandment far as i recall read "thou shalt not play rave music. forsake this and only this"

my view's what he is dabbling in is thee dumbest form of artificial one-dimensional metronomic sh*te u have to mong out on E to remotely enjoy or else must just be a natural mong. to go from thrash metal which requires immense application n musical / instrumental ability n a healthy dose of rage to trendy artificial luvvy duvvy mongonome music is a big letdown.

no quarters given for the smelly ravers was always at war with em back in the day red mist just comes down i still take immense pleasure in dismantling em. igor's no different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I agree man its sad to see. I could only watch a minute of that first video & had to turn it off. State of him with the bandana. & by the looks of the pilled out wife its all her fault(the music change i mean, not just the bandana :D).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

She's kinda like the Yoko Ono of the thrash world then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Read about this lil project a while ago, didnt quite know what to make of it.

After watchin it, I know now what reaction it warrants.. Absolute disgust and loathing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

good lad igor.
    frickin love your brother too.
    tremendous gig last weekend

gets on my wick how he speak of it as a form of progession, of evolving.

clearly led astray by the missus cos if it were his own decision he may be laying down some blast beat over hardcore at least, showing his technical proficiency on actual drums not laid back housey ****.

most techno is seemingly designed for disco divas with itchy feet. but there are plenty guys that like to immerse emselves in this brand of femininity if u look at 70% of young irish males over the past 20yr. hardly worth the risk of bein perceived as gay though is it

overall, fairly tame from igor. if credit's due its to his missus - she is the true 'creative' force here.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

I think theres nothin wrong with him trying this.mixhell do a good dj set from what i remember of the ucd ball show.Will wait to see what they can put out on there own before casting them aside as being crap.nothing wrong with enjoying different genres of music

Tom1991 wrote: »
    from what i remember of the ucd ball show

was news to me, i found a blog bout it

here's the ucd crowd. a world away from the grizzled old headbangers he has previously entertained..

IMG_6920.jpg

man i'd feel like such a whore. looks like an out n out kiddy rave

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

well thats what alot of people in ucd look like and im sure 95% of em didnt know who they were or who iggor was with beforehand.one of the reasons i checked them out was the fact i realised he was in mixhell .
    but bein half sober watching a good dj set in my opinion was enough for me to say theres potential there for them to do some good work.you could take photos out of rock concerts and see alot of what people would call weirdos.

.i can comfortably go from being at a metal gig having the craic listening to good music to seeing an electronic artist having the craic listening to good music .cant judge books by covers is all ill say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

A lot of thrash metal heads became involved in rave in the early 1990's. A lot of friends and lots of people I bumped in to in the early/mid 90's involved in that scene were the same people going to metal gigs in the late 80's. E/LSD and all nighters became the thing rather than underage drinking & moshing after thrash fizzled out. Funnily enough the last thrash gig I think I was at was Sepultura in 90/91. I never got in to the fashion though. Kept my hair long for years going to raves and never got any hassle. I really enjoyed both thrash/rave in their own different ways. I haven't been to a rave/club for years now but I must say going to Metallica in the RDS (2004) I really felt I had returned home to something.

Advertisement