Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, who'd win in a fight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No, Dawkins would take the hit so that Hawking would have time to prepare his powerpoint presentation on Magnetohydrodynamics. A few seconds after the introduction Jakkass' brain would be reduced to mush.

I think you missed the bit where Dawkins was in the ambulance on his way to intensive care after Jakkass smashed his nose into his face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think you missed the bit where Dawkins was in the ambulance on his way to intensive care after Jakkass smashed his nose into his face.
    I dunno... A closed mind might be seen as a handicap too! The ambulance might be full with more than one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If jakkass went straight for hawking and eliminated him, and then if dawkins killed jakkass with an atheist falcon punch, would it end in a stalemate?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

biko wrote: »
    If this guy could join god's side maybe

Was he serious or was he taking the piss?
    Thats the funniest thing I've seen in ages either way! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't understand why everyone calls him Stephen Hawkins instead of Hawking :confused:

Anyway... Jakkass... I think any opponent would headdesk so much they'd lose! :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone calls him Stephen Hawkins instead of Hawking :confused:

Anyway... Jakkass... I think any opponent would headdesk so much they'd lose! :D

Not everyone:P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not everyone:P

No, just see it a lot, it's interesting how it's so widespread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Well who cares there are still 26 boardsies here who will be willing to avenge their deaths, against the 11 boardsies who support a fairytale.

If jakkass went straight for hawking and eliminated him, and then if dawkins killed jakkass with an atheist falcon punch, would it end in a stalemate?

So you decided against the atheist gun?:P Good choice.

Anyway, in your revised scenario, you're forgetting God, who will transmorph into a water-soaked spongue, drowning Dawkins at the end of the next round.

• Advertisement

Anyway, in your revised scenario, you're forgetting God, who will transmorph into a water-soaked spongue, drowning Dawkins at the end of the next round.

But Jakkass it still praying to God that he might appear in order to prove his existence but he doesn't appear so Jakkass fails epically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

dlofnep wrote: »
    Trust me, I've wrote enough essays on the guy to last me a lifetime.

:o:pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »

Sorry, you entered the data all wrong, let me correct that for you;

Internet's answer with more accurate data input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Even though I'm a scientist I actually voted for God because if he was real than he'd be all powerful and totally kick ass!!

I'm pretty sure it would go something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mnNpqc7rXA

(Watch from 8:00-9:00 and replace Freddy with God and Nancy with Dawkins!)

The very fact that Dawkins doesn't believe wins him the day!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Plowman wrote: »
    Sorry, you entered the data all wrong, let me correct that for you;

Internet's answer with more accurate data input

Can't get much more conclusive than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My prediction. God wouldn't show up because he's not about to get involved in some petty squabble when he could be in heaven making love to Marilyn Monroe and Britney Murphy, and while Elvis Presley sings in the backround. So it would really be between Dawkins/Hawking and Jakkass. But Hawking is paralysed and most likely weak so it's really a fight between Jakkass and Dawkins. I give the edge Jakkass though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well if he could be arsed, God's gonna smite but good.

Hawking: I understand the laws of physics, I have added to some of them and from them I understand the nature of the very universe.

God: Hang on a tic monkey boy. I've got prior copyright.

Hawking: Hang on nothing. I've got fair use. Lets see you argue that in a universal court of law.

God: Wut?!! I'll have you in court monkey boy. Oh shíte, wait. I havent talked to Satan in a while, there goes my legal team..... *thinks* Right you feck, a plague of... oh... Damn, coals to Newcastle there.... Sorry on that score. Well it made you more famous than other physics types. I was going for the Davros look. Did I mention I liked a brief history of time? Very good. Mostly correct too. Brought back some nice memories. Makes a nice change. Fancy a beer?

Dawkins: Hang on you don't even exist!!

God: Oh really? So you're talking to yourself, yet again? You see the big bang? yea that was me. Expansion and all that quirky shíte that gets you lot all confused, enough to have you conjuring up dark matter and such wankology? Me again. And don't get me started on that incident when you were 16. You know the one. Yea, not so loud now eh, Dicky boy? Omnipotent is little old me and I have a pretty damn good pan dimensional memory goin on too. Now feck off. Me and Steve are having a pint and an argument about the conservation of information at the point of a singularity. I'm gonna blow his head in a minute when I tell him singularities don't exist.... More to the point we were both in Star Trek. Were you? No. Didn't think so. Amateur.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm touched, but I wouldn't be "fighting" modern science to begin with! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Atheist gun? That doesn't make any sense.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Judging by Jakkass's demeanor on Boards I'd say he'd be one to turn the other cheek. Tag in that hardcore Catholic bloke who gets banned and re-reg's all the time, it seems like he's spoiling for a fight with the world in general.

Dawkins's good at science'n'stuff, but I reckon my little sister could hook him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

cough cough cough it'd be a W/O :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

bluewolf wrote: »

F'ing hilarious when you read Hawking write about all the letters addressed to Mr. Hawkins explaining to him why general relativity & QM are wrong :p

As for the fight, we all know it would just end up looking something like this in some way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

2 on ones not very fair see as god doesnt exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

2 on ones not very fair see as god doesnt exist.
    It's very likely you're right, but for once can we not all just suspend our disbelief and have a joke together on an obviously light-hearted thread?

Advertisement