Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supporters Club Membership

• 06-08-2010 9:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Simple question really.

Are you a member of your club's supporter's club?

I'm a member of the Nottingham Forest club and it cost's €22 a year and with that I get a diary, badge, pencil and membership card :)

Are you a member of a supporter's club 38 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 38 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Simple question really.

I'm a member of the Nottingham Forest club and it cost's €22 a year and with that I get a diary, badge, pencil and membership card :)

That the schoolboy price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Yes I get a discount in the club store, priority on tickets, all the usual stuff really and I got my 'Marching On Together' flag in the post too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Season ticket holder and membership holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

kensutz wrote: »
    Season ticket holder and membership holder.

And you weren't there tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes I wasn't there tonight. A relative is seriously ill and had to cancel everything for the next 2 weeks including flights for Carling Cup etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That_Guy wrote: »
    That the schoolboy price?
    No it's not you cheeky shít :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Season ticket holder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Most of them are irrelevant in the age of the Internet,I have found in my dealings with them that most of them are one step up from a drinking club.Of course there are expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Red member for too damn long, hopefully be bumped up to silver in the near future and then I can buy tickets 2 months in advance instead of 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

L'prof wrote: »
    Red member for too damn long, hopefully be bumped up to silver in the near future and then I can buy tickets 2 months in advance instead of 1!

Are you on a waiting list for silver?

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Are you on a waiting list for silver?

That's effectively what the red membership is, I applied for a season ticket when I joined too. Think I'm about 15k on that, not in any rush to buy a season ticket though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Part of the trust, yes. No SC as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Red Level member for years as well here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Simple question really.

€22 for a diary, badge, and pencil? Good man yerself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Yep. Red level too.

Yep, member of LFC membership.

Perks -they release 8 thousand tickets for online sale to members for home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

€22 for a diary, badge, and pencil? Good man yerself.
    As opposed to £40 to watch second rate football and listen to sectarian chants for 90 mintues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yep One United member, discount in club shop, pen, badge, a buke and something else I think. I think it's €50 for an adult(which I am this season:()

I've been a member for the last 3 season and 1 game a season and they've been City, City and Liverpool, so I can't complain!:D

Probably won't be a member when I'm auld and wise enough to go to games without me Da, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

grenache wrote: »
    As opposed to £40 to watch second rate football and listen to sectarian chants for 90 mintues...

wtf??? You have completely lost me there....:confused:

What €40, what 2nd rate football and what sectarian chants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Member of Supporters Trust, actively involved in it.

Also contribute to a Direct Debit scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Does the OP mean Supporters clubs as in local branch or club schemes to buy tickets...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Membership of Wexford Youths Official Supporters Club is €10 for adults, €5 for kids and entitles you to subsidised travel to away games and 10% off all official club merchandise.

The original post probably didn't consider LOI, but sure I had to throw it in.

Have also been a loyal fan of LUFC for 35 years but never saw the need to be a member of their supporters club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Silver member of The Arsenal membership scheme and been a member of the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club for 16 years.

oldyouth wrote: »
    Membership of Wexford Youths Official Supporters Club is €10 for adults, €5 for kids and entitles you to subsidised travel to away games and 10% off all official club merchandise.

The original post probably didn't consider LOI, but sure I had to throw it in.

Have also been a loyal fan of LUFC for 35 years but never saw the need to be a member of their supporters club.

Did you really have to add that in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

baz2009 wrote: »
    Did you really have to add that in?
    It would appear so. The title of the thread did not make it clear and my post was number 23 and the only one to mention LOI

It would appear so. The title of the thread did not make it clear and my post was number 23 and the only one to mention LOI

Because it's irrelevant what club you support or pay your membership too.

Does it say "British teams only"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No official supporters club anymore at Shels, was one couple of seasons ago and I was a member. Few supporters groups at Shels, just no membership crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yep One United member, discount in club shop, pen, badge, a buke and something else I think.

Same as. Although, I paid €27 or 37 quid. (Discount for renewing early, and subsidised by the local supporters club).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Season Ticket Holder, Trust member and member of the patron scheme (all monies raised go straight to the player budget)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

wtf??? You have completely lost me there....:confused:

What €40, what 2nd rate football and what sectarian chants?
    Are you not a Celtic fan?

Advertisement