Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to offer pics to media quickly after soccer match?

• 06-08-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Galway Utd are playing a Liverpool XI on Mon. I'm going to bring my camera. What's best way to contact the media afterwards with offer if pics?
    I think someone here said before that they work in contact with papers and has offered in the past to pass in photos.
    Thanks
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Galway Utd are playing a Liverpool XI on Mon. I'm going to bring my camera. What's best way to contact the media afterwards with offer if pics?
    I think someone here said before that they work in contact with papers and has offered in the past to pass in photos.
    Thanks
    Pa

Process fast and email low res files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Offering in advance it better. Contact the papers before the event and let them know that you can provide images.

Then it's all about getting the images to them as quickly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It sounds like you're going to be in the crowd? And I think you're talking about PCPhoto, but that was usually urgent stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

If its a match around 7 the papers generally need pics in by 8 to start their print run. So if you want any chance you have to get stuff in asap! (if they will take pictures from you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ideally send the pics from the pitch ... upload to computer, caption and send from the pitch, if you need you can send through me.

basically - you email to me - I caption/adjust and send to papers .... you check papers the following day - if something is printed, I tell/show you how and who to invoice....drop me a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement