Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour Code Individual Desktop Icons XP

• 06-08-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Is this possible in order to highlight the most used shortcut links.....or even the text?

I really should get a life :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its not exactly highlighting, but you could use the QuickLaunch toolbar on the task bar for your frequent use links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You could also install Fences and group the ones you use the most.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

right click on the folder you want-properties-customize.
    ditto on a icon-properties-change icon (i think you can make your own then browse to its location and select)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mp22 wrote: »
    right click on the folder you want-properties-customize.
    ditto on a icon-properties-change icon (i think you can make your own then browse to its location and select)

cheers lads, lots of different icons to choose from ok.

Customising Folder, its strange...it says with thumbnails you can add a picture, when I do, (apply, ok) the picture appears all right but only in the customise folder dialogue box, and no where else.

winxp

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

When you click ok on the window with the icons,it will close them apply must be clicked on the window that is still open,then click ok.

• Advertisement

I was doing it correctly apparently but just discovered that the pic only shows when viewing thumbnails so guess its too big or impossible to show them on the small/std folder size or on desktop shortcut icons. Still useful though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's easy enough to create your own or modify existing icons. If I remember correctly the GIMP can import them directly. They're basically just 48 × 48, 32 × 32 or 16 × 16 pixel bitmaps. If you really want to get your hands dirty, here's how Microsoft made them for XP.

Adyx wrote: »
    It's easy enough to create your own or modify existing icons. If I remember correctly the GIMP can import them directly. They're basically just 48 × 48, 32 × 32 or 16 × 16 pixel bitmaps. If you really want to get your hands dirty, here's how Microsoft made them for XP.

You must think I have nowt to do:D
    Good selection of ready to go ones under change icon xp

XXColouricons.jpg

Blowfish wrote: »
    You could also install Fences and group the ones you use the most.

Just downloaded this and its fabulous, does exactly what it says on the tin:D

thanks BF

Advertisement