Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Kerry are evens +8 against offaly in the hurling div 1b/2a playoff, does anyone more knowledgeable than me feel that this is value? I know Kerry are missing one of their best forwards, but offaly have been atrocious this year thus far and have named a team without Shane Dooley. I'm not sure Antrim would be 1/12 favourites v Kerry if they'd lost to offaly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Offaly really should be capable of winning by around that margin or more. Kerry are playing very well this year and will relish a game against one of the bigger teams. I think Kerry will give Offaly a good game but Kerry will be doing pretty well to keep it to about 8 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Kerry are evens +8 against offaly in the hurling div 1b/2a playoff, does anyone more knowledgeable than me feel that this is value? I know Kerry are missing one of their best forwards, but offaly have been atrocious this year thus far and have named a team without Shane Dooley. I'm not sure Antrim would be 1/12 favourites v Kerry if they'd lost to offaly?

The Offaly team named is pretty poor, in particular the defence and midfield. The forward line is probably the best available at present but still nothing to write home about.
    I haven't a clue what Kerry are like but anyone risking big money on Offaly at 1/12 would want their heads examined, confidence here as it an all time low in relation to our hurlers and this year they have struggled against supposedly weaker opposition. I think they may be forced to scrap out a win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Seemingly someone has had a big cut at Offaly with Boylese, gone out to 1/20 now the price there! Madness, can't see anything less than Kerry having a right cut at them.

Gonna chance a small bit on Kerry 8/1 (Boyles).

Had this as well...absolutely disgusted

5e247c17008c8193d5116f3fea2051ec.png

Could be the end of the other bet too, even though Kerry supposedly have the wind 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Had this as well...absolutely disgusted

5e247c17008c8193d5116f3fea2051ec.png

Could be the end of the other bet too, even though Kerry supposedly have the wind 2nd half.

3-19 to 14

Had a feeling when Kerry were that far ahead after wo mins (7 points) and were clawed back that it was all over. Surprised at how flat they were with the extra man though and level second half. Funny old sport our one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

cork and derry seem real value today at 13/8 and 15/8 espically cork. they will have no fear of Dublin in croke parkafter doig the business there already. the dubs seem to be threading water and it seems to me they are holding their powder a bit for later n the year. ill be backing cork and might have even go-1 @12/5

while derry are the value I have a fancy for mayo in this one. last week is irrelevant.derry have had a good league but I think mayo have a bit more about them,have a good semi record and I think are a better team. ill back this in running hoping that derry have a good start and youll get better value then

the line for both games is 40.5 and 38.5. are these a little high? these games should be less open ,more championship like

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm actually expecting both games to be fairly high scoring. Thinking of getting on Derry over 1.5 goals is 7/4 like that alot- Derry/Cork double is good value but I'm staying away from it, single on Cork also as they have a nice looking team and have no fear of Dublin and Derry over 18.5 pts is 11/10 is way too tempting.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm actually expecting both games to be fairly high scoring. Thinking of getting on Derry over 1.5 goals is 7/4 like that alot- Derry/Cork double is good value but I'm staying away from it, single on Cork also as they have a nice looking team and have no fear of Dublin and Derry over 18.5 pts is 11/10 is way too tempting.

Derry to the rescue, Cork capitulated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Get on Derry at 5/1 to win Ulster. Whatever Skybet and Stan James are playing at, they haven't chopped it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Craobh Chiarain are a good price tonight in the Dublin Hurling Championship at 6/4 .

They were unlucky not to get to the county final last year , barring a sending off in the semi final they would have .

Vincents havent got out of their group the last few years.

Hard to see why they are favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Are Cuala worth backing -5 at 8/13?? any other very confident picks from the club championship games the next few days for an accum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

TheNap wrote: »
    Craobh Chiarain are a good price tonight in the Dublin Hurling Championship at 6/4 .

They were unlucky not to get to the county final last year , barring a sending off in the semi final they would have .

Vincents havent got out of their group the last few years.

Hard to see why they are favourites

Odds are shortening as well:confused:

pablo24 wrote: »
    Are Cuala worth backing -5 at 8/13?? any other very confident picks from the club championship games the next few days for an accum?

That should be a banker

craomh ciaran 13/8 with cuala -7 5/4 double about 5/1 in paddy power, worth a score so??

Im just throwing money on Cuala - 7 .

At 13/8 it makes me think Craobh are missing a few .

Lismore 3/1 v DLS this weekend. Never to far away from them and DLS without Jake Dillon and Stephen Daniels. Definitely worth it at that price.

Add Abbeyside to that as well at 1/1. Playing Fourmilewater. Won the quarter final by 20 points last year and FMW haven't started well this year losing by 20 points to Ballygunner. Richie Foley is a notable absentee on the Abbeyside team let it be said.

what are the best gaa bets iin the local games in galway,tipp,dublin and waterford this weekend??...money to be made with 2 r 3 solid picks from each county!!

was told craughwell, clarinbridge and liam mellows in galway

ballyduff upper, passage, DLS, ballygunner and mount sion in waterford although passage have gone from 1/7 out to 1/4 can anybody tell me why, injurys??

jk brackens,holycross,lorrha,portroe,clonulty,loughmore in tipp

Im from cork and was just told these teams by fellas from each place, can anyone confirm/deny the confidence behind these or add thsir own picks from any local games in any county??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Cavan a must bet for me tomorrow against Roscommon @ 10/11. Cavan have already beat the Rossies this season 0-14 to 1-08 they also have all their under 21 players back for the first time after they lost to Dublin where as Roscommon travelling with a panel of roughly 20 players due to their under 21s missing and a few injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Cavan a must bet for me tomorrow against Roscommon @ 10/11. Cavan have already beat the Rossies this season 0-14 to 1-08 they also have all their under 21 players back for the first time after they lost to Dublin where as Roscommon travelling with a panel of roughly 20 players due to their under 21s missing and a few injuries

Cavan have named a team that doesn't include any U21's either. And that previous game was in Cavan aswell.

• Advertisement

Any fancies for the club hurling in Tipp premierstone??

Any fancies for the club hurling in Tipp premierstone??

the 6 you named above should all win, also add Kilruane.

Thurles and Drom will obv win aswell but the prices are probably crazy.

The three most interesting games are Templederry v Nenagh, Borrisleigh v Burgess and Kildangan v Upperchurch.

Nenagh I think will edge it but Templederry are a fine team and the field in Dolla is massive will suit them, its a no bet game for me.

Borris v Burgess, on all known form you would have to fancy Borris, but Paddy Stapelton is injured and both Brendan Maher and Conor Kenny have been away all week with Tipp on a training camp, I still think they'll edge it but wouldn't be that confident.

Kildangan v Upperchurch is very interesting, its essientialy a group decider, the bookies will prob make Kildangan favs but i'm not convinced, if I wasn't a Kildangan man myself I would back Upperchurch but I hope I'm wrong on that one!

the 6 you named above should all win, also add Kilruane.

Thurles and Drom will obv win aswell but the prices are probably crazy.

The three most interesting games are Templederry v Nenagh, Borrisleigh v Burgess and Kildangan v Upperchurch.

Nenagh I think will edge it but Templederry are a fine team and the field in Dolla is massive will suit them, its a no bet game for me.

Borris v Burgess, on all known form you would have to fancy Borris, but Paddy Stapelton is injured and both Brendan Maher and Conor Kenny have been away all week with Tipp on a training camp, I still think they'll edge it but wouldn't be that confident.

Kildangan v Upperchurch is very interesting, its essientialy a group decider, the bookies will prob make Kildangan favs but i'm not convinced, if I wasn't a Kildangan man myself I would back Upperchurch but I hope I'm wrong on that one!

Ya from my (limited) knowledge of Tipp hurling Id fancy nenagh and Burgess in those two aswell,nenagh had a great win against clonoulty last week and burgess had a very good win against silvermines, I had taken the tipp training camp and paddy stapletons supension into account and backed burgess at 15/8, if the likes of stephen murray are on form they could shade it, hes very hard to stop on his day I reckon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

The Laois minor hurlers are strongly fancied to beat Offaly tomorrow at 8/15. Laois have made great progress at underage level and are well ahead of Offaly in terms of structure. They've won the last 2 meetings of the counties. Offaly are very average I've been told by an Offaly man who seen them against Carlow. I'm hoping there might be a handicap on it tomorrow.

Ya from my (limited) knowledge of Tipp hurling Id fancy nenagh and Burgess in those two aswell,nenagh had a great win against clonoulty last week and burgess had a very good win against silvermines, I had taken the tipp training camp and paddy stapletons supension into account and backed burgess at 15/8, if the likes of stephen murray are on form they could shade it, hes very hard to stop on his day I reckon!!

Borris were equally if not more impressive against Drom with 14 men for 3/4s of the game though and have one of the Moran's from Limerick over them, the mines are poor and really over achieved last year and were eventually found out - its a really tough one to call so on that basis you are probably right 15/8 would represent value!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

ballyduff upper, passage, DLS, ballygunner and mount sion in waterford although passage have gone from 1/7 out to 1/4 can anybody tell me why, injurys??

Eoin Kellys out injured for Passage, still though it would be a major upset if the champions lost. Ballyduff Upper and Mt Sion should come through. The Ballygunner/Dungarvan and Fourmile/Abbeyside games are to close to call for me

storykid wrote: »
    Eoin Kellys out injured for Passage, still though it would be a major upset if the champions lost. Ballyduff Upper and Mt Sion should come through. The Ballygunner/Dungarvan and Fourmile/Abbeyside games are to close to call for me

1/2 Now for Passage, that is ridiculous!!! Roanmore are a truly horrible team and I'd be very disappointed in Passage if they lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

1/2 Now for Passage, that is ridiculous!!! Roanmore are a truly horrible team and I'd be very disappointed in Passage if they lost.

1/2 on Passage is a crazy price, considering Sion were 1/8 to beat Tallow especially. Despite missing Kelly, the likes of tommy and Owen Connors should be enough in the forwards alone. Hard to know in these early rounds is the only thing but nothing to suggest RM could beat Passage.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Any opinion on the preliminary Leinster hurling championship games today? London should give Carlow a good test, will they get within the handicap of 7? Antrim host Westmeath, there seems to have been a lot of turmoil in Westmeath, Antrim should be able to cover the 8 point spread, but will they be motivated to win by a cricket score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Just a local one here in Galway, short odds so you won't make a fortune on it but could be a nice one to add into an accumulator. Kilconieron are absolutley certainties to beat Clarinbridge in the intermediate today at 3 (this is clarinbridge's second team). 2/7 is the price but should be about 1/8. Kilconieron apparently going well and nothing to suggest Clarinbridge will be able to get near them as they've been poor this year by all accounts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement