Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I wonder could I just delete my post above and hope no one noticed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I wonder could I just delete my post above and hope no one noticed it?
    That's not a good sign, I was trying to find the result.
    Had them in a treble with Athletico and Toulon, :( ah well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I would apologise but I sized up the game based on both what I heard around the place and also both team's league form this year and genuinely thought that was a good value bet for an accumulator. As you said that's just the way things go sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I would apologise but I sized up the game based on both what I heard around the place and also both team's league form this year and genuinely thought that was a good value bet for an accumulator. As you said that's just the way things go sometimes!

No need to apologise mate, it was one of those weekends with everything I touched, onwards and upwards. My mate thought they were certs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

Waterford v Clare u 18's tonight

Opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

What are you all thinking for Dublin and Ros in the u-21? Tough one to call in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

My thoughts on this weekend's Limerick Senior club hurling action from the Limerick GAA thread:

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Round One Fixtures

Group One
    Adare (4/5) vs Doon (11/10) Draw (8/1)- Saturday, Kilmallock, 7pm
    A repeat of last year's semi-final, Adare came out on top that day, after Doon had rushed into an early lead. The pace and movement of Doon's attack could cause serious problems for an aging Adare defence; Dean Coleman, Pat Ryan, Mikey Ryan, etc. have the capacity to run riot, while Doon also have one of the best half-back lines in the county. Declan Hannon is back from injury, if he is fit enough, he can destroy even the best of teams at that level, and Willie Griffin is a real dangerman inside. I do think the fact that Doon don't have many involved with the final county panel will be a big help over the course of the year, they'll be able to train together, so Adare will really be targeting this. But if Hannon is in any way unfit, I think Doon have the advantage here. They'll have learned from last year and will be hoping to go one better.

Prediction- Doon.

Murroe/Boher (3/10) vs Knockainey (5/2) Draw (10/1)- Saturday, Bruff, 7pm
    Odds are tilted well in favour of Murroe/Boher and I do think they'll win this one. Knockainey won't be easily beat, but I think they're going to be missing a few, and they're just not quite on the same level of Murroe/Boher who have been desperately unlucky not to make the quarter-finals in the last couple of years. They'll be aiming to make amends this year, although they rely on Seanie Tobin for scores waaaay too much.

Prediction- Murroe/Boher.

Patrickswell (4/7) vs Ahane (6/4) Draw (9/1)- Sunday, Bruff, 2pm
    Two former greats of Limerick hurling, both well off the standard necessary to be county champions in the current era. The Well did get to the U-21 final, and although they were blown away in the 2nd half, it will be encouraging for them; they have some excellent players coming through- the likes of Jack Kelliher, Kevin O'Brien, Diarmuid Byrnes, the Carmodys and of course, Cian Lynch. Lynch might be missing this one, he's got the Leaving Cert in a month... if he's available, he'll be a huge asset. Ahane have a few decent players of their own, but most of their best assets are either very young or getting on. It'll be close, and I don't expect either to really challenge, but I think Patrickswell will be looking to improve a lot this season, after failing to reach the knockout stages last year, and will have the edge here.

Prediction- Patrickswell.

Group Two
    South Liberties (8/11) vs Effin (6/5) Draw (8/1)- Friday, Caherconlish, 7pm
    Should be a very tight encounter, as even at this early stage, a loss will put one of them in real danger of going down, while the other might have a chance of qualifying for the quarter-final. Realistically, neither of these sides look good enough to beat the big 2 yet. Liberties look better on paper, but seem to already rely on Barry Nash, who is still a minor... Tom Ryan is a super hurler, but doesn't always dominate for his club as you may expect. The Quaids will play a big part for Effin, I don't think there's many better half-backs in the county than Nicky. Effin have got some good results in the All County League, and although that's not always a great barometer for the Championship, it may give them some much-needed confidence. Most people seem to be tipping Liberties, but I reckon Effin might sneak this one.

Prediction- Effin.

Ballybrown (1/2) vs Granagh/Ballingarry (7/4) Draw (8/1)- Saturday, Rathkeale, 7pm
    Granagh/Ballingarry performed heroics to stay up last year, while Ballybrown had an impressive first season back at senior. Again, I think a team like Ballybrown will actually be bolstered by not having players involved with the intercounty team. They are mostly a very young team, still developing, with lots of players around involved with U-21 teams over the past few years, some just around the fringes. Possibly unlucky not to get a bit more recognition. Ballingarry... they're a decent enough side, but they lack some top quality, and I think they may struggle this year. Ballybrown to win this one.

Prediction- Ballybrown.

Na Piarsaigh (10/11) vs Kilmallock (evens) Draw (8/1)- Sunday, Bruff, 7pm
    The big one. Met in last year's semi-final and the year before, the winner on both occasions went on to win the county. They are the two best teams in the county at the moment and have some class players between them- Graeme Mul, Downes, Paudie O'Brien, Shane Dowling, Gavin, Alan Dempsey... as well as the likes of Eoin Ryan, Barry Hennessy, James O'Brien and Ronan Lynch. Both have new managers, both will be well fired up. Na Piarsaigh are the Munster champions and have some wonderful young players coming through, but it took them a while to get going last year, their new management came in late enough and they will be without David Breen (and possibly Adrian too?). For that reason, I think Kilmallock may just edge this one, although a draw is certainly possible.

Prediction- Kilmallock.

If you were to take an accumulator of Doon, Murroe/Boher, Patrickswell, Effin, Ballybrown, Kilmallock and they were all to win:

€5 would return €141.57
    €1 would return €28.31
    €10 would return €283.14

If you were to take out the NaP/Balbec game, €1 would return you €14.16, €5 would get you €70.79. Worth a flutter imo.

I've taken my advice and gone for a 6-fold accumulator :P

I've also taken a "safe" treble of Patrickswell, Ballybrown, Murroe/Boher. Odds aren't great on that at all, but I do think it will win and I'd come out on top for the weekend even if the 6-fold doesn't come off.

Gonna hop on your "safe" treble. Local knowledge usually very useful in GAA betting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Think 1/3 about Fourmile is generous, Roanmore caught Passage on the hop last weekend. Fourmile have to much hurling and fitness. Will advise if see anything else worth taking, nothing really jumps out for the rest

would have taken Ballyduff but apparently Molumphy broke his hand so should be Sions

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Heard Walsh is out for kanturk so glanworth should have a right chance...macroom,valley rovers and bantry also good bets in cork football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going to throw tipp into a double with Arsenal ht/ft. This works out 4.5.

Arsenal should be a foregone conclusion given the circumstances of the premier league.

Tipp are much dodgier but I believe that with the teams picked tipp are going all out to win this one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Who'll be on the frees for Kilkenny today? Richie Hogan over 2.5 pts at 5/6 looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

HOW DID THE SAFE TREBLE GO LADS?

Carbery rangers,mallow,o Donovan ross a,clonakilty and nemo rangers all look good bets in cork football

Kilruane,killenaule,borrisileigh,loughmore and nenagh all look good bets in Tipp hurling

Anyone got any opinions on these picks or have any fancies for limerick,cork,Wexford,Tipp etc club games???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

pablo24 wrote: »
    Carbery rangers,mallow,o Donovan ross a,clonakilty and nemo rangers all look good bets in cork football

Kilruane,killenaule,borrisileigh,loughmore and nenagh all look good bets in Tipp hurling

Anyone got any opinions on these picks or have any fancies for limerick,cork,Wexford,Tipp etc club games???????

With regard to the Tipp ones, I wouldn't include Kilruane, yes they will be on favourites and on paper should win, but Roscrea are one of those teams capable of anything and they were only beaten by Clonoulty by 5 last week after playing the second half with 14, I heard they beat Toom in a challenge recently aswell.

I would replace them with Ballina who should have too much for a Mullinahone team that is struggling big time for numbers. Sars and Drom could be added aswell but I would imagine the odds are prohibitive to say the least.

With regard to the Tipp ones, I wouldn't include Kilruane, yes they will be on favourites and on paper should win, but Roscrea are one of those teams capable of anything and they were only beaten by Clonoulty by 5 last week after playing the second half with 14, I heard they beat Toom in a challenge recently aswell.

I would replace them with Ballina who should have too much for a Mullinahone team that is struggling big time for numbers. Sars and Drom could be added aswell but I would imagine the odds are prohibitive to say the least.

Cheers!
    Will ballina be able to handle the two currans and eoin Kelly though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

pablo24 wrote: »
    Cheers!
    Will ballina be able to handle the two currans and eoin Kelly though??

I would think so, they have Stephen o'Brien and Michael Breen aswell, two intercounty hurlers. Paul Curran either won't play or will be very much under par, he is only recovering from a hip operation. Ballina thrashed Borrisokane in Rd 1, while Mullinahone and Ballingarry drew, Borrisokane have subsequently beaten Ballingarry by 7pts - not scientific but I would expect Ballina to win out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I would think so, they have Stephen o'Brien and Michael Breen aswell, two intercounty hurlers. Paul Curran either won't play or will be very much under par, he is only recovering from a hip operation. Ballina thrashed Borrisokane in Rd 1, while Mullinahone and Ballingarry drew, Borrisokane have subsequently beaten Ballingarry by 7pts - not scientific but I would expect Ballina to win out.

Good call.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good call.

Ya,meant to reply earlier,I like the reading behind your pick,made good sense to me,it's as scienfic as we can get really,cheers for that,keep em coming!!...2 from 2 today in the cork football albeit at short prices,accum still goin anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Any picks this week lads, will Roscommon cover the handicap against Leitrim

• Advertisement

Was told dicksboro,James Stephens (both won tonight) o loughlin Gaels,st Patricks ballyragget all in Kilkenny

Kilenaule,burgess,moycarkey,upperchurch,portroe in Tipp

Clonlara,Wolfe tones,Eire og,Newmarket and cratloe in Clare

And fancy glanworth in cork myself with kiskeam another good but less confident pick

All people who have me KK Tipp b Clare teams were confident in theirs picks and in Clare and Tipp got d same picks from a number of people

Anyone with anything to say bout dem picks or have any others??

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

I think Colm Cavanagh @ 9/4 to score over 0.5 points v Down is very good value. Obviously he doesnt get as many scores as his brother but most games he seems to get a score even an odd goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Looking ahead to the Limerick v Tipperary hurling game. Limerick seem to be in disarray but knowing Limerick they always perform better when nothing is expected of them. Still hard to look past Tipperary who impressed against Kilkenny in the League Final before losing in extra time. Is it worth taking the 10/11 on Tipperary now as the odds are likely to drop in my opinion?

hupskip wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the Limerick v Tipperary hurling game. Limerick seem to be in disarray but knowing Limerick they always perform better when nothing is expected of them. Still hard to look past Tipperary who impressed against Kilkenny in the League Final before losing in extra time. Is it worth taking the 10/11 on Tipperary now as the odds are likely to drop in my opinion?

Where are u getting 10/11 on Tipp???? 1/3 as far as I can see,fancy them on the handicap tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Oops my bad was looking the football - too good to be true!!

hupskip wrote: »
    Oops my bad was looking the football - too good to be true!!

Ha ha I was getting a bit excited for a min!!

On Sean Cavanagh over 1.5 points at 8/13 today.

Invested in Tyrone on the handicap in the football. Should have far too much in Omagh for a limited down side.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

mufc1993 wrote: »
    On Sean Cavanagh over 1.5 points at 8/13 today.

Boom

• Advertisement

Invested in Tyrone on the handicap in the football. Should have far too much in Omagh for a limited down side.

My Lord Tyrone were awful

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement