Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My provincial winners accumulator would have gone tits up on the first day if it wasn't for Sean Cavanagh. God that Tyrone team still seems light years away from an Ulster title though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

London 11/2 may be worth a small stake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

seanhynes wrote: »
    London 11/2 may be worth a small stake ?

I wouldn't back them myself, I'd imagine Galway will have too much for London and prevail by about 5. I would however be interested in some opinions on Westmeath v London in the last round of the Leinster hurling preliminary round robin; the loser heads for the Christy Ring so it's a huge game. London have performed well this year, surely they're value at 5/2 to beat a Westmeath team who have underachieved this season amid seeming discontent in the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Any one fancy anything this weekend?
    Thoughts on Laois in the hurling and Tyrone in the football??
    Newcestown look a good bet for doubles and trebles at 2/5 in the local hurling anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Fancy cork to beat waterford taking -3 handicap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Fancy cork to beat waterford taking -3 handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

you would have to fancy a tyrone double today. the minors appear to be excellent and I think down blew their chance last weekend.
    Cork on the handicap looks the weekend banker. Very negative talk coming from Waterford.
    anyone know anything about the ring games today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Throwing a small bit on Nash first goalscorer. 12/1. If he scores in the first 15 mins, pp will double it.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Donegal to beat Derry at 6/5 is my €20 punt for the day. I just looked at the two teams and Donegal have the better players. I think they will go back to basics sufficate a young Derry team and put recent controversy behind them.

Derry have often flattered to decieve come championship time.

Actually 11/8 with Boylesports.

Can't believe ye didn't get all over Galway -5.

Handicap was made up within 2/3 minutes.

(17 minutes gone, 0-0 to 1-9 and Galway have had 5/6 wides(London 2)
    London playing with the wind as well.)

London the second worst team in D4 and could have lost the Connacht final by 30 odd.
    Mayo did dish a big hammering on Galway but a win against Armagh and a throw away against Cork was the best year in a collection of poor ones.

A.Madrid let me down on my double with Galway last night but jumped back on it with the points total 42.5+ in the hurling to again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

London the second worst team in D4 and could have lost the Connacht final by 30 odd.
    Mayo did dish a big hammering on Galway but a win against Armagh and a throw away against Cork was the best year in a collection of poor ones.

A.Madrid let me down on my double with Galway last night but jumped back on it with the points total 42.5+ in the hurling to again today.

Good of you to tell us you were lumping on Galway beforehand, and not in hindsight....

Good of you to tell us you were lumping on Galway beforehand, and not in hindsight....

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw,not much good to is at that stage...

I didn't get around to the thread until I sat down to listen to it online.

And I'm sure I could sway people thinking of backing London at 11/2 or +5 :rolleyes:

Hardly a tip for a horse now is it, you're not going to be swayed overly on sports teams.

I wasn't coming to tip them anyway, my only point was I found it unbelievable that most here hadn't that as a banker.... London are horrendous... I saw it around 10-12 myself but certainly wouldn't have thought of backing more than 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

london are rubbish. but galway are a very unpredictable team and arguably best player,captain, missing along with other big players carrying knocks. and how many championshsip debutants did they have. their former all ireland winning cpt was on the radio last week saying london were a great value bet at 5/1. that was enough for me to avoid this game for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Kilkenny -10 against Offaly at 10/11 with SkyBet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hands up who loves aftertiming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So glad my Tyrone down draw (first game) and waterford cork draw double came off.

Dublin worth takin on the -4 handicap 2ni in the under 21 v Laois??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

pablo24 wrote: »
    Dublin worth takin on the -4 handicap 2ni in the under 21 v Laois??

I was told to avoid this match, Dublin are lacking good forwards and Laois have a strong forward line. Laois are expected to push Dublin all the way. Five euro on the draw at 11s for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

How this for after timing....I lost 600 on cork. You don't hear about too many after timing losses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Dublin have lost Cormac Costello, Ciaran Kilkenny, Emmet O Conghaile and two others from the 2011 minor team to football. Those three were their best forwards. Not sure what these Laois lads are like.

bgrove wrote: »
    How this for after timing....I lost 600 on cork. You don't hear about too many after timing losses.

Jeezzzzzzzzzzzz

I wasn't after timing.

For one, I started writing it about 7-8 minutes into the match, had to update the score as I finished.
    Considering some thought London would run Galway close, they were far from home after 7-8mins.

Secondly I mentioned I had the points total done in the Cork game before it started, since making any mention of a bet after the off is taboo around here :rolleyes:

Lastly, I wasn't coming on to tip or after time.

In fact if a few posters had said Galway -5 was a sure thing I wouldn't even have posted.
    I only posted as one reckoned it would be a 5 point game and another thought London may win.

Point of my post wasn't to after time(and it was a double anyway).
    My understanding of after timing bets as well was generally the person was lying.
    I can grab the two slips out of the bin if that's any ones concern :rolleyes:

Trust me my gambling friends here after my after timing losses.
    Losses hurt far more than wins.

Jeezzzzzzzzzzzz

I wasn't after timing.

For one, I started writing it about 7-8 minutes into the match, had to update the score as I finished.
    Considering some thought London would run Galway close, they were far from home after 7-8mins.

Secondly I mentioned I had the points total done in the Cork game before it started, since making any mention of a bet after the off is taboo around here :rolleyes:

Lastly, I wasn't coming on to tip or after time.

In fact if a few posters had said Galway -5 was a sure thing I wouldn't even have posted.
    I only posted as one reckoned it would be a 5 point game and another thought London may win.

Point of my post wasn't to after time(and it was a double anyway).
    My understanding of after timing bets as well was generally the person was lying.
    I can grab the two slips out of the bin if that's any ones concern :rolleyes:

Trust me my gambling friends here after my after timing losses.
    Losses hurt far more than wins.

Fair enough,but as a fella who has more of a hurling background I had read the comments about London maybe running Galway close so chose to stay away from it because of this and the fact Galway went poor in the league,however,the reasoning you gave for galways supremacy was actually very good,pointing out their close run game v cork and London's hammering v mayo,all I was saying is that if you'd have posted before the game with the same very informed and intelligent analysis I would have added Galway -5 to my accum as due to your reasoning it did seem an absolute steal of a price and so it turned out!

All Im saying is please post beforehand so fellas have a chance to get on bets with informed info like this because what you were saying really did make sense!!

Now if you can get me an even money cert like that with a reason begin it this weekend that'd be better again!! :)
    Keep up the good work lad!!

Doing (15/2) 4 timer the weekend,

Inniscarra at 6/4
    Castlelyons at 8/11
    Carrigtwohill at 8/15
    Tipp hurlers at 2/7

Bandon (v inniscarra) missing alot

Castlelyons have a great backline and were last years finalists

Carrig goin well n bride fancied to struggle

Limerick have a v strong team on paper is why I might not take the handicap but do fancy Tipp to win regardless,over 2.5/3.5 goals looks a good bet in this game also.

Anyone have any thoughs on Tipp/limerick in the football??
    Was thinkin of backin Tipp??

Inniscarra at 6/4
    Castlelyons at 8/11
    Carrigtwohill at 8/15
    Tipp hurlers at 2/7

Limerick have a v strong team on paper is why I might not take the handicap but do fancy Tipp to win regardless,over 2.5/3.5 goals looks a good bet in this game also.

Are those Cork games going ahead???

Are those Cork games going ahead???

Yeah 100% all the games on paddy power are goin ahead,tracton also worth a bet at 13/8!!

Yeah 100% all the games on paddy power are goin ahead,tracton also worth a bet at 13/8!!

So just the games with County Players involved are called off with the exception of Carrigtwohill?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Inniscarra at 6/4
    Castlelyons at 8/11
    Carrigtwohill at 8/15
    Tipp hurlers at 2/7

I like the look of Castlelyons and Carrig. Bandon would want to missing a fair few for me to back against them. Putting the first 2 with Cloyne as my treble.

Tip really should beat Limerick in the football.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I like the look of Castlelyons and Carrig. Bandon would want to missing a fair few for me to back against them. Putting the first 2 with Cloyne as my treble.

Tip really should beat Limerick in the football.

Tis not so much backing against bandon (because the often flatter to deceive) it's more backing inniscarra what would turn me off if anything

Went with tracton instead after and added grenagh,have been told dripsey are very poor

U really think cloyne?? I know valleys are no great shakes but again this lol'd two very por sides and hard to call a winner?

What makes u sway with cloyne and what you make of grenagh?

Aghada and fr.o neills as close as it looks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

My accumulator for this weekend is

Fermanagh -1 (vs Antrim)
    Limerick +3 (vs Tipperary) football
    Limerick + 5 (vs Tipperary) hurling
    Laois +10 (vs Galway)
    Wexford -2 (vs Antrim)

Odds are just over 10/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement