Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Fireball07 wrote: »
    My accumulator for this weekend is

Fermanagh -1 (vs Antrim)
    Limerick +3 (vs Tipperary) football
    Limerick + 5 (vs Tipperary) hurling
    Laois +10 (vs Galway)
    Wexford -2 (vs Antrim)

Odds are just over 10/1

And lost already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tipp -4 and Laois +10 for me today

Tempted to throw in Antrim +7 as well, but might just leave it at the first 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I like the look of Castlelyons and Carrig. Bandon would want to missing a fair few for me to back against them. Putting the first 2 with Cloyne as my treble.

Tip really should beat Limerick in the football.

Castlelyons won by 6.... Carrig won by 5 and Cloyne won by 13....that will do me nicely.

Was going to do a Tip double, glad I didn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well, Limerick, Laois and Wexford were all the clever picks on the handicap. Pity about Fermanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Waterford now at 7/2 best price, and 10/3 already after I only backing them at 3/1 earlier.

Can't really believe it myself, after what happened this weekend, two weekends ago and last year and people are hammering into Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Laois are 6/4 (+10) v Dublin on Sunday - think it might be a good bet.
    Also like Cavan to beat Armagh at 11/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Westmeath v Carlow in Leinster Hurling U21s tonight. Westmeath -2 at evens looks a steal. This Westmeath side almost beat Kilkenny at minors 3 years ago.

On the Limerick train tonight for some interest in the live game, Lim to win 5/2, Lim +3 5/4

Have Wexford at 7/4 heres hoping

Stevecw wrote: »
    Westmeath v Carlow in Leinster Hurling U21s tonight. Westmeath -2 at evens looks a steal. This Westmeath side almost beat Kilkenny at minors 3 years ago.

Looking good at the mo, 2-12 to 0-8

Also looking good 0-11 to 0-7

• Advertisement

8d83c37dc36cbbd2b376a46f574f0492.png

Easy. Sorry about the lateness of that and not sharing that more. For what it's worth, think Wexford will win the Leinster u21. Still retaining good lads from last year and Dublin lost some big players (the 3 lads that scored the 6 goals v Waterford, and Emmet O Conghaile was the best to me and I neddn't see anything about Costello and Kilkenny) from the 2011 minor team.

Also think their Senior team could be worth a bet. As I said, backing Waterford this weekend. I might be from there, but there is no way we are 3/1 outsiders. 50/50 game in my opinion, at best I'll give you 60/40 in Cork's favour.

And Kilkenny will surely maul the worst team in the Country this weekend too. Happy punting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Stevecw wrote: »

The bet won easily, but didn't expect it to be by 18 points. Won a nice bit of money on it, but terrible to see us lose so badly. Hope a few of ye were on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

I'd really fancy Argideen Rangers to beat Barryroe in a local derby in the Cork Intermediate Hurling Sat evening, odds 4/9.

Any other fancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

think raharney in westmeath hurling championship at 9/4 is a decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

Kildare+8 today in the ring cup today. Kerry should win but that's a big spread and in the last few gmes they have taken their foot off the throttle after building big leads. thoughts?

Kilkenny -13 looks big but in reality I think its small. They were a shadow last year, and that was proven by a team like Offaly scoring 4 goals on them. And Kk got none. When does that ever happen? If Kk had even matched them on goals last year they would have won by 17 points.

Fennelly is starting, and the match is on in Nowlan Park. Offaly look like the worst team jn the country at the minute. Last year was a shock, Il be mystified if Kilkenny don't win by at least 15 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Rocko wrote: »
    I'd really fancy Argideen Rangers to beat Barryroe in a local derby in the Cork Intermediate Hurling Sat evening, odds 4/9.

Any other fancies?

8/13 with PPs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

glanlea wrote: »
    Kildare+8 today in the ring cup today. Kerry should win but that's a big spread and in the last few gmes they have taken their foot off the throttle after building big leads. thoughts?

Any idea what odds a win for Kildare was? Fair play to them!

Kilkenny -13 looks big but in reality I think its small. They were a shadow last year, and that was proven by a team like Offaly scoring 4 goals on them. And Kk got none. When does that ever happen? If Kk had even matched them on goals last year they would have won by 17 points.

Fennelly is starting, and the match is on in Nowlan Park. Offaly look like the worst team jn the country at the minute. Last year was a shock, Il be mystified if Kilkenny don't win by at least 15 points.

29 point win in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Any idea what odds a win for Kildare was? Fair play to them!

6/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

fancy anything today?

fancy anything today?

Waterford at 3/1. On value alone, not the cert that Kilkenny were by any means but very generous odds in a game I reckon is about 50/50 still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Waterford at 3/1. On value alone, not the cert that Kilkenny were by any means but very generous odds in a game I reckon is about 50/50 still.

what ya think about the dublin game?

Going to have a little bet on Colin Dunford first goal in the Waterford-Cork game, available at 20's with Boyles. Named in half forward line but spent a lot of time in around the full forward the last day

what ya think about the dublin game?

Dublin should win comfortably, but 9 points is a big spread. Laois' game will be about containment, which is easier to achieve in football than hurling. Wouldn't touch it myself.

I'm going to ''after time'' again, I thought the Offaly handicap last night was too high and had them backed +12.

Don't think anyone could have foresaw that pathetic performance though.
    The Kilkenny footballers wouldn't do much worst than that against Dublin.
    ..but 9 points is a big spread. Laois' game will be about containment

Well you can take +13 at 4/6.

Laois aren't the worst team from D2 and dished a heavy league loss on Galway.

I'm on the 3 outsiders at bigger handicaps.

Roscommon +6
    Laois +13
    W'ford +6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

On Waterford ht ft v Cork @ 7-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Double for me today
    Waterford +6
    Laois +13
    20 euro on

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    8/13 with PPs

Argideen won handy 0-19 to 1-09, Barryroe missing a lot of players

• Advertisement

Waterford are absolutely brutal.

Cork have won I think the last 10/10 puck outs.

W'ford had a goal chance or two when up early, few minutes later they're 5 down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement