Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

Laois going well here.
    Looking so far they won't be beat by more than 13.

Waterford probably gone down 9 at HT, just pathetic from them.
    Cork just getting far too much space and time in both defence and attack, winning every puck out as well.

Just praying they can get a goal or two and keep it close but can sense the usual 2/3 bet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Waterford are woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Had Cork to win by exactly 14 points. Also backed no goalscorer as well as Nash to have a penalty saved.

Backed Kilkenny last night to score exactly 5-32 as well

Decent enough weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

KevIRL wrote: »
    Had Cork to win by exactly 14 points. Also backed no goalscorer as well as Nash to have a penalty saved.

Decent enough weekend

I backed Brian Carney to sit in between O'Connor and Canning last night, great price.

To those that followed on Waterford sorry. Dunno what happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Decent enough weekend

Same quad as myself...we're minted!

Looking at the Cork/Clare game next weekend, fancy Cork to start the better with the 2 games behind them and Clare really should win, with that in mind Cork ht Clare ft will get some of my money.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Looking at the Cork/Clare game next weekend, fancy Cork to start the better with the 2 games behind them and Clare really should win, with that in mind Cork ht Clare ft will get some of my money.

I like this line of thinking. Although cant rule out a Cork win either. Might just take Cork -2 or something like that on the first half handicap/alternative handicap

Whatever I go for I'll come back and tell you after it wins anyway

I like this line of thinking. Although cant rule out a Cork win either. Might just take Cork -2 or something like that on the first half handicap/alternative handicap

Whatever I go for I'll come back and tell you after it wins anyway

Is that supposed to be a jibe at me due to misreading my early post?.

I said I had Offaly(not KK as it may have been perceived) backed as I thought the 12 was high.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

I'd a good enough day today
    Got caught backing Offaly in the - handicap last night
    Backed Roscommon just after half time Total Points over 9.5
    Backed Cork just after half time Total Points over 26.5
    Backed Dublin just after half time To score the first goal

What do people think about the in play Live Gaa betting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rocko wrote: »
    I'd a good enough day today
    Got caught backing Offaly in the - handicap last night
    Backed Roscommon just after half time Total Points over 9.5
    Backed Cork just after half time Total Points over 26.5
    Backed Dublin just after half time To score the first goal

What do people think about the in play Live Gaa betting?
    Love live gaa betting , not as much as I love after timing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Anyone fancy wexford this weekend against the Dubs in the hurling?

Have the game against Antrim under their belt and home advantage.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Anyone fancy wexford this weekend against the Dubs in the hurling?

Have the game against Antrim under their belt and home advantage.
    Will wait and see if Dublin are at full strength, if so they really should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I've backed:

Cratloe e/w to win Clare Championship @4/1 (1/3 e/w odds)
    Limerick e/w to win All-Ireland minor @3/1 (1/3 e/w)
    Pat Horgan to win an All-Star @11/4

Obviously dodgy betting on All-Stars this early in the Championship, but Horgan has been in super form all year, and I really think there's a lack of top class inside forwards atm. If Cork get to the quarter-final even, I think he'll get one.

Cratloe at full-strength are probably the best side in Clare, the only thing is a long summer for Clare in hurling could disrupt them.

And I think the Limerick minors are a serious outfit, if they get over Cork in the Munster semi-final, I think they'll do it. Cork will be a massive test though.

Where is the all star betting fireball?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I've backed:

Cratloe e/w to win Clare Championship @4/1 (1/3 e/w odds)
    Limerick e/w to win All-Ireland minor @3/1 (1/3 e/w)
    Pat Horgan to win an All-Star @11/4

Obviously dodgy betting on All-Stars this early in the Championship, but Horgan has been in super form all year, and I really think there's a lack of top class inside forwards atm. If Cork get to the quarter-final even, I think he'll get one.

Cratloe at full-strength are probably the best side in Clare, the only thing is a long summer for Clare in hurling could disrupt them.

And I think the Limerick minors are a serious outfit, if they get over Cork in the Munster semi-final, I think they'll do it. Cork will be a massive test though.

Horgan bet is an excellent one. Prices available on PP.

Others that look good.

Stephen O Keefe 9/1

JJ Delaney 9/4

Daniel Kearney 8/1

TJ Reid 13/8 if injury isn't bad

Seamus Harnedy 3/1

Conor Lehane 7/2

Walter Walsh 9/2

Shane Dowling 7/1

Eoin Larkin 14/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

djPSB wrote: »
    Horgan bet is an excellent one. Prices available on PP.

Others that look good.

Stephen O Keefe 9/1

JJ Delaney 9/4

Daniel Kearney 8/1

TJ Reid 13/8 if injury isn't bad

Seamus Harnedy 3/1

Conor Lehane 7/2

Walter Walsh 9/2

Shane Dowling 7/1

Eoin Larkin 14/1

Considering Clare or Dublin havnt even played a game yet the above is crazy

Warper wrote: »
    Considering Clare or Dublin havnt even played a game yet the above is crazy

Won't be much value on Clare players considering so many of them got all stars last year.

Dubs don't generally get many.

I reckon there will be 6 or 7 Kilkenny players getting all stars this year.

Thought Padraig Walsh might be a bit bigger than 5/2. Pity

Stephen O Keeffe is a little short at 9/1 as Waterford would need to win at least 2 more games for him to be in the mix up I feel. He's done very well to date but a lot of whats happening now will be forgotten about later on in the year.

Reckon he will get a nomination one way or the other though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Carlow v Meath this Sunday in Leinster qf. The bookies have Meath -10 at evens, and -11 at 5/4.

Certainty that this will win. Carlow haven't a hope in this match of even keeping it competitive. Meath will win by at least 15/16 points, very likely much much more.

I wrote in the Carlow Gaa thread on the Gaa page about this game and why we will be well beaten.

Meath -11 at 5/4 is a serious bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Stevecw wrote: »
    Carlow v Meath this Sunday in Leinster qf. The bookies have Meath -10 at evens, and -11 at 5/4.

Certainty that this will win. Carlow haven't a hope in this match of even keeping it competitive. Meath will win by at least 15/16 points, very likely much much more.

I wrote in the Carlow Gaa thread on the Gaa page about this game and why we will be well beaten.

Meath played a challenge with Kerry recently - Kerry won 3-17 to 0-20 points. Kerry had a fairly strong side out - about 11/12 out of 15 likely starters for their first Championship game but was meant to be a decent performance by both sides.

1 thing I would be a bit wary about is Meath's injuries - Conor Gillespie did his cruciate at the weekend and there are a number of other concerns.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/newman-concern-270294.html

Also keep an eye on the odds for the qualifier where Carlow will be playing versus whoever loses from Waterford Clare. Reckon there is a good chance there could be more value backing against Carlow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Those big spreads in the football are alwasy tough to assess as a team could be coasting by 12-15 points and then just take the foot off the gas and let a team in for a few late scores to ruin the bet. That and like last week with the Dubs -11, if you have a mediocre first half then the line is very tough to cover.

Meath if they have a full compliment and the weather is decent should make easy work of them.

any thoughts for the Monaghan vs Tyrone match or the hurling at the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

PP have Wexford @ 11/1 and Dublin 1/50. Would I be alone in thinkg that's a ludicrous price?

It's down in Wexfrod Park and Wexford are just as much on the up as Dublin. Wexford U-21s doing serious business many of whom are in the team for saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ShagNastii wrote: »
    PP have Wexford @ 11/1 and Dublin 1/50. Would I be alone in thinkg that's a ludicrous price?

It's down in Wexfrod Park and Wexford are just as much on the up as Dublin. Wexford U-21s doing serious business many of whom are in the team for saturday.

Football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Oops my bad didn't notice I was looking at the football:

TBF Dublin 50 to 1 on is a very fair price for that one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Those big spreads in the football are alwasy tough to assess as a team could be coasting by 12-15 points and then just take the foot off the gas and let a team in for a few late scores to ruin the bet. That and like last week with the Dubs -11, if you have a mediocre first half then the line is very tough to cover.

Meath if they have a full compliment and the weather is decent should make easy work of them.

any thoughts for the Monaghan vs Tyrone match or the hurling at the weekend?

The Carlow team was named last night and it's even worse than I thought. Not a hope that team will stay within 20 points of any half decent side.

We had Brendan Murphy & a couple of our better players during our Div 4 campaign where we ended up last. Lost home games to Tipp by 19, and Wicklow by 14. Lost to Clare by 14 and to Leitrim by 9.

Since then a few of the better players have walked away. Sunday will be humiliating, and the 5/4 on offer for Meath -11 should be snapped up quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

The Carlow team was named last night and it's even worse than I thought. Not a hope that team will stay within 20 points of any half decent side.

We had Brendan Murphy & a couple of our better players during our Div 4 campaign where we ended up last. Lost home games to Tipp by 19, and Wicklow by 14. Lost to Clare by 14 and to Leitrim by 9.

Since then a few of the better players have walked away. Sunday will be humiliating, and the 5/4 on offer for Meath -11 should be snapped up quick.

Had a decent shot at -9 4/5 with VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Well you certainly make a compelling arguement Steve! I'll follow you in on the -11 then so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Well you certainly make a compelling arguement Steve! I'll follow you in on the -11 then so.

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

On -10 at 1/1. -11 at 5/4 all gone with powers. Into 4/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

On -10 at 1/1. -11 at 5/4 all gone with powers. Into 4/5.

Boyles even better - (-9 )@ 10/11 and (-10) @ 5/4 - All aboard , chu chooooo

Wow - 2 mins after my post prices change to same as PP - amazing what €100 can do!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Radonman wrote: »
    Boyles even better - (-9 )@ 10/11 and (-10) @ 5/4 - All aboard , chu chooooo

Wow - 2 mins after my post prices change to same as PP - amazing what €100 can do!!!

Could have been a few €100 bets at the same time. :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement