Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

djPSB wrote: »
    In play;

Clare v Wexford

Draw at 7/1 worth a pop.

Fair fuks, was so caught up in the game I never even thought if it - great hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Cheers lads. Bit lucky. :)

Wexford available at 9/4 now playing with breeze in 2nd half of extra time. Only a point down. Think they're a bit over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Jees, if my overs are gonna come in in the Tipp game Tipp are gonna have to score about 30 points :( get the finger out Longford

Fuk off Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Laois to beat Wexford tmrw seems bet of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

The overs in the big hurling games this year have done well for me. Cork vs Clare, Kilkenny vs Galway 1st time around and Galway vs Tipp today. If it's decent weather I'm going over 46.5 points in croker tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Monaghan under 17.5 points at 4/6 today looks pretty good.

On phone so haven't the stats to hand, but I'm fairly sure they haven't scored that amount in a championship game under O'Rourke, and they're coming up against a good Armagh defensive system. They'll probably need a goal or two to reach that total and they're not exactly prolific in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    Cheers lads. Bit lucky. :)

Wexford available at 9/4 now playing with breeze in 2nd half of extra time. Only a point down. Think they're a bit over priced.

Turns out it was 9/4 to qualify for next round so this one is still active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dublin to win the leinster final at 2/1 is good value imo. We saw how tired Galway were yesterday, kk will equally be as tired. Also Dublin played very well against what proved to be a very decent wexford team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

skippymac6 wrote: »
    The overs in the big hurling games this year have done well for me. Cork vs Clare, Kilkenny vs Galway 1st time around and Galway vs Tipp today. If it's decent weather I'm going over 46.5 points in croker tomorrow

Do what are ya thinking worth going over s

It's actually raining pretty heavily now in Dublin so I don't know if the above recommendation is worth it. Typical as it was a scorcher earlier but I reckon conditions will be very slippy and although I think there will be scores it might not be enough to get over the 46.5 barrier.

I'm going to go for it still if it's clears up before kick off but I'm going to half my initial stake

• Advertisement

Judging by tipps performance in the football yesterday I think cork should too much in reserve for this young kerry team. Taking - 2 on the handicap at 11/10.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Bad baiting this half cork will do well to recover

FFS.... why do I bother.

I haven't had a win since early in the WC in sports betting.

Just on a pathetic run since then after cleaning up over the opening few days.

By the time I got back from the bookies this game was more or less over.

Cork need two goals and to concede none to have any chance.

Judging by tipps performance in the football yesterday I think cork should too much in reserve for this young kerry team. Taking - 2 on the handicap at 11/10.

I'd no idea Cork were so bad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I'd no idea Cork were so bad.

Cork are a decent side. Michael Shields should have been switched with someone else after 10 minutes, he can't handle O'Donoghue. Yet he is still marking him, doesn't make sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cork have had a very annoying habit of starting poorly against Kerry and coming back strongly in the second half.

Kerry ht result 11/8
    Kerry ht cork ft 4/1
    And one I really like is either team to win by 5 to 9 points 2/1

Well, Cork yet again started slowly but unfortunately they got worse!!!
    Only 1 from 3..... Not bad considering how lopsided the game was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In play bet, 20 mins gone, kk over 1.5 goals 6/4. Hard to see this not winning.

15 left and Shefflin is on, going with kk goals over 0.5 2/1
    Surely they will

In play bet, 20 mins gone, kk over 1.5 goals 6/4. Hard to see this not winning.
    15 left and Shefflin is on, going with kk goals over 0.5 2/1
    Surely they will

24 scores but no goals, most un Kilkenny like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

24 scores but no goals, most un Kilkenny like.

Keeper was very good.

• Advertisement

Keeper was very good.

He certainly was, MOTM apparently. Heard the dubs regular keeper wasn't playing, hence the lean towards kk goals, typical!

He certainly was, MOTM apparently. Heard the dubs regular keeper wasn't playing, hence the lean towards kk goals, typical!

Yeah Alan Nolan is good though, bar one mistake v Tipp in the league last year was very impressive in that game and the Limerick game and again v Wexford this year. Mind you, never man of the match, and he kept Powers shot in play today when it was going wide. They still should have had a few goals, Colin Fennelly to blame mostly.

Not a good weekend for punters, but you'll have those.

It's actually raining pretty heavily now in Dublin so I don't know if the above recommendation is worth it. Typical as it was a scorcher earlier but I reckon conditions will be very slippy and although I think there will be scores it might not be enough to get over the 46.5 barrier.

I'm going to go for it still if it's clears up before kick off but I'm going to half my initial stake

What a woeful woeful bet. Thankfully I only lost have my initial stake but of course I went in on Dublin +6 just after ht when I thought they'd have some fight in them. A fairly poor game and a brutal assumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

was told to back offaly minors for the leinster today before the beat Dublin tomorrow night, think they are 7/2.

9/4 to beat dublin tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

akelly02 wrote: »
    was told to back offaly minors for the leinster today before the beat Dublin tomorrow night, think they are 7/2.

9/4 to beat dublin tomorrow

Can you give a bit more info,how solid is this bet and what stake you going with small or medium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Can you give a bit more info,how solid is this bet and what stake you going with small or medium?

Know a man with his son on the panel, they have a couple of very lively forwards apparantly.

Also they are coached by the very impressive Paschal Keelaghan .

Wont be going too mad at all, €20 euro is plenty to be putting on for myself anyway, Dublin are obviously going to be very strongly fancied but offaly should give them plentyto think about.

Whoever wins this wins Leinster id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

I never, ever bet on minor any more
    Way too unpredictable, look at the Kilkenny Dublin minor hurling recently. At this age and level its nearly more mental than skill and you can never tell how a player will play on a bigger stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Agreed totally - minor betting = poor house , too unpredictable , last years Munster minor hurling final another case in point

Threw a large bet on with Boyles on Tipp -14. Surprised it's still 21/20.

Worried enough given the sum involved, but at the same time Offaly have looked so poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Think Mayo should cover the 4 pts v Galway this weekend. The game is also in Castlebar so they will want to get the show on the road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement