Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cork -3

Limerick plus 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork -3
    Browney7 wrote: »
    Limerick plus 3!

Draw.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Browney7 wrote: »
    You owe Seamie Callinan a pint!!!

I was there, and hed a chance before and I swear the piss taking he did Id have been down after him on the field Id say if it hadn't come in.

That was the worst half hour of sport Ive had to bear, after Offaly goaled 2nd half I swear I was waiting for 14.5 on the handicap just to get my stake back and they were always one point short. Didn't realize it was winning before the goal went it.

Think that it was the right result but would admit I was lucky. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I was there, and hed a chance before and I swear the piss taking he did Id have been down after him on the field Id say if it hadn't come in.

That was the worst half hour of sport Ive had to bear, after Offaly goaled 2nd half I swear I was waiting for 14.5 on the handicap just to get my stake back and they were always one point short. Didn't realize it was winning before the goal went it.

Think that it was the right result but would admit I was lucky. Lesson learned.

I followed ya on it,a nice 200 profit but it was sweaty! When I heard the team where out beerin not turning up for training it swayed me.

Might wait inplay and try and get on mayo with a shorter handicap.

Taking a small go at no goalscorer 16/1 today. I am having a hard time calling the game so will just have a small one for interest.

LOGIC: I think Limerick will be looking towards stopping the Cork forward line as if it was an open game Cork have more about their forwards I would think. Though we have an outstanding keeper, Cork only managed one very scrappy goal in two games. I don't think that 21 trick is going to work again either. There other goal was a penalty.

If Limerick do try containment, that will surely limit goalscoring chances for their own forwards. The rules have been changed on the 21s since Dowling scored his so less of a threat from that. The big threat to this bet I think would be the concerns over Cahalane and Ellis. I think if even one of them has to go off it could spell trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Having my customary Waterford minor over 1.5 and over 2.5 goals. This team still love going for goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Taking a small go at no goalscorer 16/1 today. I am having a hard time calling the game so will just have a small one for interest.

LOGIC: I think Limerick will be looking towards stopping the Cork forward line as if it was an open game Cork have more about their forwards I would think. Though we have an outstanding keeper, Cork only managed one very scrappy goal in two games. I don't think that 21 trick is going to work again either. There other goal was a penalty.

If Limerick do try containment, that will surely limit goalscoring chances for their own forwards. The rules have been changed on the 21s since Dowling scored his so less of a threat from that. The big threat to this bet I think would be the concerns over Cahalane and Ellis. I think if even one of them has to go off it could spell trouble.

Sorry Mountainlad but i'm on the overs 46.5 @ 5/6 here, therefore i'll need a few goals, light breeze and fine weather normally equals high scoring and as i don't expect any sweeper systems from either team. Limerick should be under serious pressure here and i expect a high number of frees which Horgan will punish therefore i've convinced myself that P Horgan over 10.5 pts @ 8/11 is a great bet (he covered it the last two game and in keeping with convincing myself on the P horgan scoring exploits the MOTM award @ 6/1 deserves a small bet.
    Dave Kearney has been flying all season and over 1.5 pts @ 11/10 desevres a bit of my money too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Cork -3 @ 11/10 (evs with PP if like me you dont have a 365 account) looks pretty generous for tomorrow. Cork have had the benefit of 3 games over the summer to Limericks one and have scored freely in the last 2, particularly impressive v Clare. Home advantage as well.
    I have €50 on as i think Cork will be be too strong and will win by more than 3.

Having my customary Waterford minor over 1.5 and over 2.5 goals. This team still love going for goals

over 1.5 comes in to cover both bets with a little profit. Could so easily have had 3 or 4 but for some good Limerick saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Radonman wrote: »
    Sorry Mountainlad but i'm on the overs 46.5 @ 5/6 here, therefore i'll need a few goals, light breeze and fine weather normally equals high scoring and as i don't expect any sweeper systems from either team. Limerick should be under serious pressure here and i expect a high number of frees which Horgan will punish therefore i've convinced myself that P Horgan over 10.5 pts @ 8/11 is a great bet (he covered it the last two game and in keeping with convincing myself on the P horgan scoring exploits the MOTM award @ 6/1 deserves a small bet.
    Dave Kearney has been flying all season and over 1.5 pts @ 11/10 desevres a bit of my money too
    I followed you on this cheers

• Advertisement

Cork -3 @ 11/10 (evs with PP if like me you dont have a 365 account) looks pretty generous for tomorrow. Cork have had the benefit of 3 games over the summer to Limericks one and have scored freely in the last 2, particularly impressive v Clare. Home advantage as well.

Sweet. Nice sweat too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I followed you on this cheers

Yep I also went back to my not so full proof plan of backing the overs in big hurling matches if the weather is decent. Got my fingers burnt last week in the Dublin and Kilkenny match but was back with this game this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

So folks what's everyone's thoughts about the Ulster and Leinster finals this Sunday? I'm a Dub so I'm biased but I can't see Meath hanging with Dublin but I do think they'll score on this Dublin defence and as I have said before, the over 2.5 goals and over points tally (should be about 41 or 42) is usually a decent bet when Dublin play.

I've been impressed with Mongahan this year but I feel that Donegal have regained a bit of their 2012 hunger and I see them winning here. It's a scratch game pretty much at the moment and I think Donegal will be spurred on by last year's loss too and I'll be backing them to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

skippymac6 wrote: »
    So folks what's everyone's thoughts about the Ulster and Leinster finals this Sunday? I'm a Dub so I'm biased but I can't see Meath hanging with Dublin but I do think they'll score on this Dublin defence and as I have said before, the over 2.5 goals and over points tally (should be about 41 or 42) is usually a decent bet when Dublin play.

I've been impressed with Mongahan this year but I feel that Donegal have regained a bit of their 2012 hunger and I see them winning here. It's a scratch game pretty much at the moment and I think Donegal will be spurred on by last year's loss too and I'll be backing them to win.

Would agree that the Dubs game will be high scoring with goals.

Monaghan v Donegal will be very hard to call. Both have excellent managers. Might have a pop at no goals, both teams very good defensively.

I see Sligo are priced at 7/1 for the Cork game. Don't think Sligo will beat them but they're not a 7/1 shot either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

skippymac6 wrote: »

I think Dublin should cover the handicap of 7, but it might take them a good while to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I Like Meath Half Time/Dublin Full time in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Kildare 1/3 with Boyles seems decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I might take Meath on the handicap here, I think Dublin will win but it should be close. Unless Dublin hit a lot of goals or Meath fade badly I think it will be tight.

I didn't see Meath beat Kildare but they seemed to win comfortably enough, and now after Kildare hammered Down you'd have to wonder.

I agree that Meath HT Dub FT looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Sligo 7/1 to get a result against Cork who are 1/12.

Okay Sligo havent exactly set the world on fire but they might be worth a small punt on the handicap given the odds and Cork's performances against Tipp and Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

robbiezero wrote: »

I wouldn't be going mad on it. Down in Ennis where they are hard to beat -gave down a right fright down there a few years ago - and Clare were good against Kerry who hammered Cork. Clare have a few cratloe boys and they nearly caught Crokes before XMas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ulster Final is hard to call, Monaghan look in good shape and have a hoodo over Donegal since 83, they never fear us. I think Donegal will score a goal in the third quarter as is our want!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

robbiezero wrote: »

ur not well if u think thats decent

I like Tipp in 21s at 5/2 v Clare.

Tony Kelly and Colm Galvin have played a lot of the two games the last two weeks, and to be honest the feel good factor driving them on isn't there. Also missing Cathal O Connell (has starred the last two years) and Shane O Donell. Seadna Morey also had a very demanding game when being asked to play a lot of the game as part of a team with 13 men (even more energy sapping).

Tipp haven't been far away from Clare at this level, winning in 2010 and narrowly losing in 2012. Last year there was a bit of a gap and Tipp concede home advantage this year but the two Counties fortunes are moving in opposite directions this year and so I reckon they could take them. Will have a strong influence of the 2012 Minor hurling team along with Liam McGrath, Seamus Kennedy, Cathal Barrett and Tomas Hamill still there from last year.

Think there is value in Waterford at 7/2 for Munster as well. If Tipp did overcome Clare and Waterford were to beat Cork then it would be a home Munster final. Taking the odds at 4/9 against Cork, and probably not much further out than evens, that would be a 2/1 shot. And that is allowing for draws/extra time.

Obviously, there are the variables like a tight fixture schedule and a knack for picking up injuries this year worked into it, but can see value in it. Would be interested in other peoples thoughts though.

Tony Kelly and Colm Galvin have played a lot of the two games the last two weeks, and to be honest the feel good factor driving them on isn't there. Also missing Cathal O Connell (has starred the last two years) and Shane O Donell. Seadna Morey also had a very demanding game when being asked to play a lot of the game as part of a team with 13 men (even more energy sapping).

Tipp haven't been far away from Clare at this level, winning in 2010 and narrowly losing in 2012. Last year there was a bit of a gap and Tipp concede home advantage this year but the two Counties fortunes are moving in opposite directions this year and so I reckon they could take them. Will have a strong influence of the 2012 Minor hurling team along with Liam McGrath, Seamus Kennedy, Cathal Barrett and Tomas Hamill still there from last year.

Think there is value in Waterford at 7/2 for Munster as well. If Tipp did overcome Clare and Waterford were to beat Cork then it would be a home Munster final. Taking the odds at 4/9 against Cork, and probably not much further out than evens, that would be a 2/1 shot. And that is allowing for draws/extra time.

Obviously, there are the variables like a tight fixture schedule and a knack for picking up injuries this year worked into it, but can see value in it. Would be interested in other peoples thoughts though.

good post! I also think tipp are great value at 5/2, backbone of a minor all ireland winning team from 2012, and whilst clare have some great individuals, they havent actually been in brilliant form this year. Also,its worth noting that clare have maybe 10plus on the senior panel ( a lot saw action las wknd) so obviously the clare u21 management team has not had much time with his players as opposed to the tipp boss who i think only cathal barrett and ronan maher from the u21s is with the seniors. Jason forde aswel is he injured?!

good post! I also think tipp are great value at 5/2, backbone of a minor all ireland winning team from 2012, and whilst clare have some great individuals, they havent actually been in brilliant form this year. Also,its worth noting that clare have maybe 10plus on the senior panel ( a lot saw action las wknd) so obviously the clare u21 management team has not had much time with his players as opposed to the tipp boss who i think only cathal barrett and ronan maher from the u21s is with the seniors. Jason forde aswel is he injured?!

Nope starts at number 14, team was named tonight.

Nope starts at number 14, team was named tonight.

what is it ? link?

what is it ? link?

Paul Maher
    Cathal Barett
    Michael Breen
    Tom Fox
    Ronan Maher
    John Meagher
    Tomas Hamill
    Seamus Kennedy
    Bill Maher
    Colin O Riordan
    Liam McGrath
    Dan McCormack
    Stephen Cahill
    Jason Forde
    Sean Maher

7 starters from last year, plus Ronan Maher and John Meagher who would have started bar injury. Bill Maher was captain when they won the Minor in 2012, and Colin O Riordan very highly rated though was playing football on Saturday.

Team from Shane Brophy twitter.

Paul Maher
    Cathal Barett
    Michael Breen
    Tom Fox
    Ronan Maher
    John Meagher
    Tomas Hamill
    Seamus Kennedy
    Bill Maher
    Colin O Riordan
    Liam McGrath
    Dan McCormack
    Stephen Cahill
    Jason Forde
    Sean Maher

7 starters from last year, plus Ronan Maher and John Meagher who would have started bar injury. Bill Maher was captain when they won the Minor in 2012, and Colin O Riordan very highly rated though was playing football on Saturday.

Team from Shane Brophy twitter.

Strong team especially theyre half back line and half forward line, seeing the team only makes me even more confident that 5/2 is value

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

ur not well if u think thats decent

bit harsh saying that especially considering kildare have never lost a qualifier match. kildare for me have too much for clare who beat a woeful carlow side in the last round. going to wait for a handicap bet on this but would expect them to win by 5 or more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Bet365 go 14/5 on Tipp. Value as right.

I'd be having a bet on that and a bigger bet then when the hanidcaps are out. Surely get +4 around evens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement