Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 C_1984

shmeee wrote: »
    Bet365 go 14/5 on Tipp. Value as right.

I'd be having a bet on that and a bigger bet then when the hanidcaps are out. Surely get +4 around evens.

Took Tipp/Tipp @ 7/1 , Huge price that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

shmeee wrote: »
    Bet365 go 14/5 on Tipp. Value as right.

I'd be having a bet on that and a bigger bet then when the hanidcaps are out. Surely get +4 around evens.

The spread is 3 pts for what its worth.

I fancy Clare to cover this. They were extremely impressive against a Limerick side that were fancied to win in Limerick and now they are playing in Ennis. They beat Tipp in Tipp last year and have a lot of the same panel. Clare all the way here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Warper wrote: »
    The spread is 3 pts for what its worth.

I fancy Clare to cover this. They were extremely impressive against a Limerick side that were fancied to win in Limerick and now they are playing in Ennis. They beat Tipp in Tipp last year and have a lot of the same panel. Clare all the way here

Wouldn't read a lot into the Limerick game. Last yearslimerick u21s were a better side with a few seniors and were abject against tipp. But you could well be right regarding the rest of it. It's a decent Tipp side and I'll be disappointed if they don't push them all the way. But they could do that and Clare still might cover the spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I like Tipp in 21s at 5/2 v Clare.

Tony Kelly and Colm Galvin have played a lot of the two games the last two weeks, and to be honest the feel good factor driving them on isn't there. Also missing Cathal O Connell (has starred the last two years) and Shane O Donell. Seadna Morey also had a very demanding game when being asked to play a lot of the game as part of a team with 13 men (even more energy sapping).

Tipp haven't been far away from Clare at this level, winning in 2010 and narrowly losing in 2012. Last year there was a bit of a gap and Tipp concede home advantage this year but the two Counties fortunes are moving in opposite directions this year and so I reckon they could take them. Will have a strong influence of the 2012 Minor hurling team along with Liam McGrath, Seamus Kennedy, Cathal Barrett and Tomas Hamill still there from last year.

Think there is value in Waterford at 7/2 for Munster as well. If Tipp did overcome Clare and Waterford were to beat Cork then it would be a home Munster final. Taking the odds at 4/9 against Cork, and probably not much further out than evens, that would be a 2/1 shot. And that is allowing for draws/extra time.

Obviously, there are the variables like a tight fixture schedule and a knack for picking up injuries this year worked into it, but can see value in it. Would be interested in other peoples thoughts though.

Being let down something awful by my own County for the faith I have in them.

And the first pick was still a good one I think, Tipp should have won that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Being let down something awful by my own County for the faith I have in them.

And the first pick was still a good one I think, Tipp should have won that game.

Clare got the lucky goals at times when it went against Tipp, that 3rd goal was a real knife to the heart after Tipp fighting back from 6 down to go 4 up.

Small profit made from handicap but would have been a nice touch if held on for the win.

Colin O'Riordan had a chance near the end to either score or pass, that was the winning chance by.

Ah well. Waterford turned over I see @ 1/3. Alot would have been on the double of the 2 favs in the 21 tonight, bookies laughing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Disagree with the view that Tipp should have won. Clare should have been further ahead in the first half and were going for goals when points were clearly the better option. That said credit to both teams for a brilliant evening of entertainment. The U21 championship is fantastic.

Onto this weekend, fancy 3 bets.

Kildare - 3 @ 4-5
    Wexford to beat Waterford @ 1/1
    Donegal to beat Monaghan @ 11-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Warper wrote: »
    Disagree with the view that Tipp should have won. Clare should have been further ahead in the first half and were going for goals when points were clearly the better option. That said credit to both teams for a brilliant evening of entertainment. The U21 championship is fantastic.

Onto this weekend, fancy 3 bets.

Kildare - 3 @ 4-5
    Wexford to beat Waterford @ 1/1
    Donegal to beat Monaghan @ 11-10

I agree with you on bets 1 and 3 but I have a funny feeling that Waterford are waiting in the long grass for Wexford and might get the better of them.

Over 2.5 goals in the Dublin game and over the total points market in that game too (weather depending).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

The Kerry Hurling Championship this weekend has some generous prices.

The first game Friday night is Lixnaw vs Ballyheigue. Paddy Power have Lixnaw at 2/9 which offers little value. They are good championship side although they are always slow starters in the championship. They have match winners in James Flaherty and Ricky Heffernan up front with Tweek Griffin and Brendan Brosnan forming a strong midfield partnership. Their backs are always tough and give little away. Ballyheigue are a poor side and haven't been strong for a number of years.
    Lixnaw to win.

The game on Saturday is Causeway v Kilmoyley were Paddy Power have Kilmoyley as 5/6 favourites with Causeway a very attractive 11/10. The two sides met last year with a young Causeway side narrowly winning by two pts. Since then Kilmoyley have lost the best hurler in Kerry for the last 15 years Shane Brick who now plays his club hurling in Cork with Tracton. They have also lost their full back James Godley along with David Fitzell and Andy McCarthy to emigration. Causeway are a young side and have a number of players on the Kerry side including Tadhg Flynn, Bryan Murphy, Anthony Fealy, Jason Leahy, Colm Harty, Keith Carmody and Paul McGrath. They can also call on the goal getter John Mike Dooley and a new addition to their attack Brandon Barrett. I can't see Causeway losing this.
    Causeway to win.

The first game on Sunday is Crotta v Abbeydorney. Abberdorney are 2/7 to win so little value in this. Crotta were unable to field a team last year and are in truth a one man team with sharpshooter Shane Nolan being their only hope. If Abbeydorney can nullify his treat somewhat they should be well on the way to victory. O' Dorney are missing Michael Leary and he will be a loss but they can count on Darragh O' Connell and Brendan Leary to steer them to victory.
    Abbeydorney to win.

The final game of the weekend is St. Brendans v Ballyduff. While St. Brendans are reigning Champions Ballyduff are rightly priced at 8/11 to win here. they have Mikey Boyle back from suspension who is a huge addition, Paud Costelloe back from injury and Giles O' Grady who has returned to the panel. By all accounts Ballyduff felt they left the four in a row slip last year and are seeking to win back their crown. In truth St. Brendans can count themselves lucky that they won the championship last year and I don't see them winning here.
    Ballyduff to win

My main bet is Causeway to win at 11/10
    Accumulator of Causeway, Ballyduff, Lixnaw and Abbeydorney - 20 euro returns 114
    Hope this helps.

hupskip wrote: »

The first game Friday night is Lixnaw vs Ballyheigue. Paddy Power have Lixnaw at 2/9 which offers little value. They are good championship side although they are always slow starters in the championship. They have match winners in James Flaherty and Ricky Heffernan up front with Tweek Griffin and Brendan Brosnan forming a strong midfield partnership. Their backs are always tough and give little away. Ballyheigue are a poor side and haven't been strong for a number of years.
    Lixnaw to win.

The game on Saturday is Causeway v Kilmoyley were Paddy Power have Kilmoyley as 5/6 favourites with Causeway a very attractive 11/10. The two sides met last year with a young Causeway side narrowly winning by two pts. Since then Kilmoyley have lost the best hurler in Kerry for the last 15 years Shane Brick who now plays his club hurling in Cork with Tracton. They have also lost their full back James Godley along with David Fitzell and Andy McCarthy to emigration. Causeway are a young side and have a number of players on the Kerry side including Tadhg Flynn, Bryan Murphy, Anthony Fealy, Jason Leahy, Colm Harty, Keith Carmody and Paul McGrath. They can also call on the goal getter John Mike Dooley and a new addition to their attack Brandon Barrett. I can't see Causeway losing this.
    Causeway to win.

The first game on Sunday is Crotta v Abbeydorney. Abberdorney are 2/7 to win so little value in this. Crotta were unable to field a team last year and are in truth a one man team with sharpshooter Shane Nolan being their only hope. If Abbeydorney can nullify his treat somewhat they should be well on the way to victory. O' Dorney are missing Michael Leary and he will be a loss but they can count on Darragh O' Connell and Brendan Leary to steer them to victory.
    Abbeydorney to win.

The final game of the weekend is St. Brendans v Ballyduff. While St. Brendans are reigning Champions Ballyduff are rightly priced at 8/11 to win here. they have Mikey Boyle back from suspension who is a huge addition, Paud Costelloe back from injury and Giles O' Grady who has returned to the panel. By all accounts Ballyduff felt they left the four in a row slip last year and are seeking to win back their crown. In truth St. Brendans can count themselves lucky that they won the championship last year and I don't see them winning here.
    Ballyduff to win

Accumulator of Causeway, Ballyduff, Lixnaw and Abbeydorney - 20 euro returns 114
    Hope this helps.

Lixnaw had a comfortable 15 pts to 8 victory over Balkyheigue, one down three to go!

On the Waterford v Wexford game this evening, McGovern at 2/1 (B365) and Dunford 5/2 (B365) to goal anytime are value in my opinion.

Think this game will have a few goals and think both of them likely goalscorers. Very fast corner forwards and will get chances. Dunno will I back both, might just back Dunford because I don't really want to be hoping for any Wexford player to goal.

Also will have a small one on Darragh Fives, this lad will get one of these someday and backing it constantly will payoff (not that I have gotten much opportunity to do so).

Also, Tadhg Bourke will be midfield so 33/1 could be value on him as he showed his ability to score long range points against Cork the first day in a game I thought he was man of the match.Will give it a miss myself.

LIKELY BETS

Dunford any time 5/2

D Fives MOTM 25/1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

On the Waterford v Wexford game this evening, McGovern at 2/1 (B365) and Dunford 5/2 (B365) to goal anytime are value in my opinion.

Think this game will have a few goals and think both of them likely goalscorers. Very fast corner forwards and will get chances. Dunno will I back both, might just back Dunford because I don't really want to be hoping for any Wexford player to goal.

Also will have a small one on Darragh Fives, this lad will get one of these someday and backing it constantly will payoff (not that I have gotten much opportunity to do so).

Also, Tadhg Bourke will be midfield so 33/1 could be value on him as he showed his ability to score long range points against Cork the first day in a game I thought he was man of the match.Will give it a miss myself.

LIKELY BETS

Dunford any time 5/2

D Fives MOTM 25/1

Fives to score a goal?? haha jesus!! hes playing wing back, u mad?

Fives to score a goal?? haha jesus!! hes playing wing back, u mad?

No man of the match bud

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Im like the look of kildare -4 at 10/11 today,kildare beat down by 10 points last week and they beat louth by 15 a few weeks ago,best of luck to everyone with there betting this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Only a small accumulator for interest this weekend:

- Wexford @ EVS
    - Donegal/Monaghan under 2.5 goals @1/3
    - Dublin Minors @3/10
    - Dublin/Meath under 44.5 @ 5/6
    - Kildare @2/7

8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

LIKELY BETS

Dunford any time 5/2

D Fives MOTM 25/1

Hope there is a few goals. Going to get on over3.5 goals on bet365. 11/10 looks like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

LIKELY BETS

Dunford any time 5/2

D Fives MOTM 25/1

Hope there is a few goals. Going to get on over3.5 goals on bet365. 11/10 looks like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Causeway to win.

Ballyduff to win

Hope this helps.

Great picking there Hupskip and i agree with all of them but i've a bit more info on the following games
    Causeway v Kilmoyley - Def Causeway to win here, 5 starters from the Kilmoyley team just arrived back from Ibiza last weekend, club not one bit happy, the only thing that worries me is if the weather breaks (its not supposed to but it looks dodgy) then the Kilmoyley physical side could come into play but to get Causeway @ 11/10 considering they won 3/4 main senior comps last year this can't be ignored
    St. Brendans v Ballyduff - Ballyduff in to 8/13 here and St Brendan out to 6/4, no value here for me as this game could go either way. St Brendans are supposed to be flying and recently beat two Cork intermediate teams and have Frankie Flannery training them so they will be hopping but with the Ballyduff hungry from last year sisestia I reckon if the weather is any way dodgy they will take it plus if the nail down Egan St Brendans will find scores hard to come by. - staying away myself its just too close to call
    All the Value is with the Causeway game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

No man of the match bud

sorry my bad! motm 25/1 dosnt look bad

Radonman wrote: »
    Great picking there Hupskip and i agree with all of them but i've a bit more info on the following games
    Causeway v Kilmoyley - Def Causeway to win here, 5 starters from the Kilmoyley team just arrived back from Ibiza last weekend, club not one bit happy, the only thing that worries me is if the weather breaks (its not supposed to but it looks dodgy) then the Kilmoyley physical side could come into play but to get Causeway @ 11/10 considering they won 3/4 main senior comps last year this can't be ignored
    St. Brendans v Ballyduff - Ballyduff in to 8/13 here and St Brendan out to 6/4, no value here for me as this game could go either way. St Brendans are supposed to be flying and recently beat two Cork intermediate teams and have Frankie Flannery training them so they will be hopping but with the Ballyduff hungry from last year sisestia I reckon if the weather is any way dodgy they will take it plus if the nail down Egan St Brendans will find scores hard to come by. - staying away myself its just too close to call
    All the Value is with the Causeway game

Causeway gone into 5/6 now

Yup - got it at 11/10 earlier with Boyles but there in to 4/5 now - hopefully a good sign

• Advertisement

Looking bad here - 13 min into 2nd half Kilmoyley 1-9 to 0-7 up - hopefully Ibiza catches up :(

Radonman wrote: »
    Looking bad here - 13 min into 2nd half Kilmoyley 1-9 to 0-7 up - hopefully Ibiza catches up :(

Disaster full time 1-11 to 0-11 Kilmoyley win - Causeway missed lady min penalty. Rack on some of the Kilmoyley boys need to drug tested ;)

LIKELY BETS

Dunford any time 5/2

D Fives MOTM 25/1

Colin Dunford scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Both of Boyle Sports GAA Boylemania's hit today, so a good few happy punters.

Armagh HT/FT @ 4/1 enhanced from 11/4
    Conor McDonald Anytime Goalscorer @ 2/1 enhanced from 11/8, PP only went 11/10.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Guys, Quick question, I'm likely to sound like an idiot but anyways, How does handicap betting work in gaa? Say tomorrow, Monaghan -3.0 is 13/5, Does that mean PP are giving odds of 13/5 if Monaghan win by 4 or more?

pajero12 wrote: »
    Guys, Quick question, I'm likely to sound like an idiot but anyways, How does handicap betting work in gaa? Say tomorrow, Monaghan -3.0 is 13/5, Does that mean PP are giving odds of 13/5 if Monaghan win by 4 or more?

Yep that's pretty much how it works.

Monaghan start off 3 points behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

pajero12 wrote: »

It's worth a punt but I think this one will be tight, a couple of points in it either way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

K-9 wrote: »
    It's worth a punt but I think this one will be tight, a couple of points in it either way.

Agree, 1-2 point game either way. Monaghan out of the blocks early, leading at ht. Donegal to come at them second half, tense finish, either by 1 or 2.

Dublin v Meath

PP offering 5/6 that the total score will be below 44.5.

Will also have something on 43 points or less at 6/5.

Think this one will land;
    - The last two Leinster final meetings between these teams finished on 35 points.
    - Meath seemed to have improved defensively since last year and are dropping men back in front of the full back line.
    - Dublin don't seem to be in full flight just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Under 29.5 points in Monaghan/Donegal is 5/6, hard to see this being a high scoring game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement