Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

shrewdness wrote: »
    Under 29.5 points in Monaghan/Donegal is 5/6, hard to see this being a high scoring game.

Get with Boyles on that @ evens under 30.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Radonman wrote: »
    Get with Boyles on that @ evens under 30.5

That's a great price alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Backed Donegal ht ft @ 5-2 PP

Also Connolly 1st goal scorer enhanced to 9-1 with PP (small stake for interest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Warper wrote: »
    Backed Donegal ht ft @ 5-2 PP

Also Connolly 1st goal scorer enhanced to 9-1 with PP (small stake for interest)

They had the same last game and I got sucked in and Connolly played the whole game on the 40- I'm gonna stick with the inside line Brogan @ 6/1 and McManamon @ 15/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Meath HT and Dublin FT @ 5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

Meath under 15.5 points at 1.90. Dubs look way fitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    Dublin v Meath

PP offering 5/6 that the total score will be below 44.5.

Will also have something on 43 points or less at 6/5.

Think this one will land;
    - The last two Leinster final meetings between these teams finished on 35 points.
    - Meath seemed to have improved defensively since last year and are dropping men back in front of the full back line.
    - Dublin don't seem to be in full flight just yet.

Jaysus very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    Only a small accumulator for interest this weekend:

- Wexford @ EVS
    - Donegal/Monaghan under 2.5 goals @1/3
    - Dublin Minors @3/10
    - Dublin/Meath under 44.5 @ 5/6
    - Kildare @2/7

8/1

And this one lands although Kildare did their utmost to mess it up.

Good weekend all round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

Radonman wrote: »
    Great picking there Hupskip and i agree with all of them but i've a bit more info on the following games
    Causeway v Kilmoyley - Def Causeway to win here, 5 starters from the Kilmoyley team just arrived back from Ibiza last weekend, club not one bit happy, the only thing that worries me is if the weather breaks (its not supposed to but it looks dodgy) then the Kilmoyley physical side could come into play but to get Causeway @ 11/10 considering they won 3/4 main senior comps last year this can't be ignored
    St. Brendans v Ballyduff - Ballyduff in to 8/13 here and St Brendan out to 6/4, no value here for me as this game could go either way. St Brendans are supposed to be flying and recently beat two Cork intermediate teams and have Frankie Flannery training them so they will be hopping but with the Ballyduff hungry from last year sisestia I reckon if the weather is any way dodgy they will take it plus if the nail down Egan St Brendans will find scores hard to come by. - staying away myself its just too close to call
    All the Value is with the Causeway game

Great tipping there from the kerry lads. All three of the teams u said won LOST!! I had an accum and only teams to let me down were those 3 teams.. last time i ever trust a kerrymans word on a hurling match

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Great tipping there from the kerry lads. All three of the teams u said won LOST!! I had an accum and only teams to let me down were those 3 teams.. last time i ever trust a kerrymans word on a hurling match

3 upsets - s*** happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Classy.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Classy.

Its a lot ye would know about hurling and ye proved it , ye couldnt even predict yer own club championships.. tipping teams that were 2/7 odds and they losing then. good man ya keep your sarcastic un-witty comments to yourself and stick to the Big ball forums, ye know sweet f**k all about the small one anyway.

Its a lot ye would know about hurling and ye proved it , ye couldnt even predict yer own club championships.. tipping teams that were 2/7 odds and they losing then. good man ya keep your sarcastic un-witty comments to yourself and stick to the Big ball forums, ye know sweet f**k all about the small one anyway.

1668659-cool_story_bro_house.jpg

this is a tipping thread why are you clogging it with pointless sarcastic comments. This is not facebook where u have to crave for likes. go away unless u want to talk about betting. hopefully not hurling tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

A tip is a tip. If your going to back it without doing your own research and it lets down your 25 team accumulator ,dont come back here bitching. No one puts up a tip here trying to lose, so have some cop on when you post.

A tip is a tip. If your going to back it without doing your own research and it lets down your 25 team accumulator ,dont come back here bitching. No one puts up a tip here trying to lose, so have some cop on when you post.

if a fella cant predict hes own counties club championship then he shudnt be posting up comments about the matches. 3 matches 3 wrong selections. enough said. jog on boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

if a fella cant predict hes own counties club championship then he shudnt be posting up comments about the matches. 3 matches 3 wrong selections. enough said. jog on boy

4 matches , 1 win , 3 lost.

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Angry much Annie ?? Tips are given in good fate its your problem if you choose to follow them and loose

despite what ye think im actually not angry at all. My aim when commenting on the thread was to highlight the fact that 2 fellahs tipped 3 teams and the 3 lost in their own county championship. Yeah I had them in a accum so what dosnt bother me in the slighest, I just wanted to highlight that these guys word shouldnt be counted on as they obvs dont have a clue. Il be sure when im posting up about games and bets that I know I will be proven right at least. good luck to ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I thought you were joking earlier. Surprises happens which is why I'd avoid accumulators, the chances of 3 shocks like that are exceptional.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Little scut threatening me by PM now as well. LOL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

in the famous words of bricktop "if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not"

get over yourself dude, nobody forced you to put them in your accum.

You must have lost major money

in the famous words of bricktop "if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not"

Judging by his post history he hasn't a whole pile to lose, would be better served saving up for that USA visa than wasting his time on mug accumulators and trying to threaten people over PM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

Two of the results weren't shocks as such, Brendan's won the championship last year and are as strong this year but b duff have a few additions. The odds were pretty close to reflect the fact that results could go either way. Kilmoyley are always there or thereabouts. Two hard games to call and he just called them wrong. Tough, as it was an accumulater we can assume the amount you lost was small and it's the amount you stood to win that annoys you. If that's the case it's hard to sympathise.

The cotta result would have been more of an upset than if the dubs were beaten yesterday ie 'twas a big shock!

no boy i didnt lose major money. the point of my posts was to highlight the fact that these kerry tipsters cant be trusted, they obviously havent a clue bout their hurling. end of. move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Il be sure when im posting up about games and bets that I know I will be proven right at least.

Any tips for next weekend, cos I'm down a few quid with this Kerry hurling too. :D

Also Keane2097 im calling ya out boy. This is a thread about betting. youve been giving me abuse on this thread all day. Lets settle this in the most approriate way. A tipster contest. We each get an iminiganary 10 points and can spend it whatever way we see correct. Post up your bets before friday and we will see who the real fool is. GLUK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Right - stop it, all of you.

If a tip win, brilliant, if not, you knew the risks.

Bitching about bitching won't get anyone anywhere. Report the posts and leave it to the mods.

Back on-topic please, or further actions will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Sick as a parrot that my bet on the Dubs over 42.5 (on Bet365) didnt land at the weekend. Thought it would skate home but the open goal missed by Rock and the countless easy chances for points missed by meath really screwed me. Had Dublin -7 but it did little to ease the pain as I counted on Meath scoring a few points and went with the bigger bet on the overall points! :-(

Some good novelty hurling quarter finals this weekend. I actually faniced Waterford last week but Wexford have that "team of destiny" look about them that is usually reserved for American sports. Limerick were the better team for large parts against Cork but Wexford's ability to get goals might win them this game in my view.

Tipp should dispose of the Dubs on all known form but with Sutcliffe being fitter and the surely the likes of Keaney and O'Dwyer (also motivated playing his county of birth) can't play as badly as against KK and it will be closer? As a dub I hope that Daly doesnt play as defensive this time around and I'm really looking forward to seeing the clashes between Rushe and Bonnar and Kelly and Callinan. Should be two epic games.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Wexford and Tipp. Who we going for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Stephen Bennett rewarded faith placed in him in this fixture last year, and think that there is another Waterford full forward who could goal tonight.

Not being named at full means Cormac Curran's odds are far more generous than they should be. The 6 foot 6 Déise minor caused all sorts of problems from Limerick when he went full forward the last day by all accounts. I would imagine Limerick would be anticipating this, but they knew about Bennett last year and he still bagged a hat trick (he is one of a kind to be fair).

11/4 to goal anytime with PP. Can't back it myself as I don't have an account with them anymore, but think it is a super bet at that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement