Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

11/4 to goal anytime with PP. Can't back it myself as I don't have an account with them anymore, but think it is a super bet at that price.

Never heard of him, but I'll play. :D

Never heard of him. :D

I'll remember him. :(

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I'll remember him. :(

:D:D

Sorry about that, they didn't chance him full forward at any stage. Bit shocked by that.

Sorry about that, they didn't chance him full forward at any stage. Bit shocked by that.

No worries m8, one pays their money and takes their chances. :D

I'm on a downward spiral with this hurling malarkey. I have been managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the last few weeks.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Am very surprised by the 8/11 in Ladbrokes for limerick to beat wexford on Sunday. Whilst I've been impressed with wexford upto now I think limerick will have too much for them. Playing 4 weeks n a row with 2 extra times thrown in might catch up with this wexford team. Match being played in thurles where I don't think many of this wexford team would have played bar u21 will be a big nnegative for them also and looks like they won't have the huge support they have enjoyed in their last 2 matches. Limerick won't be too disheartened after their Munster final defeat to cork and will have had enough time to recover. They were still in the game up until 55 mins when cork got their 1st goal and if they got the rub of the green with their goal chances and point misses in 1st half they may well have won. They will relish taking on this young wexford side who are getting all the media attention. Before seeing any odds for this I had limerick as 1/2 or 4/9 shots and very surprised to see such big prices available. Having taken the 8/11 will be having another punt at them when ht/ft and handicap odds become available later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

mjp wrote: »
    Am very surprised by the 8/11 in Ladbrokes for limerick to beat wexford on Sunday. Whilst I've been impressed with wexford upto now I think limerick will have too much for them. Playing 4 weeks n a row with 2 extra times thrown in might catch up with this wexford team. Match being played in thurles where I don't think many of this wexford team would have played bar u21 will be a big nnegative for them also and looks like they won't have the huge support they have enjoyed in their last 2 matches. Limerick won't be too disheartened after their Munster final defeat to cork and will have had enough time to recover. They were still in the game up until 55 mins when cork got their 1st goal and if they got the rub of the green with their goal chances and point misses in 1st half they may well have won. They will relish taking on this young wexford side who are getting all the media attention. Before seeing any odds for this I had limerick as 1/2 or 4/9 shots and very surprised to see such big prices available. Having taken the 8/11 will be having another punt at them when ht/ft and handicap odds become available later in the week.

Jayus you must have cleaned them out, 4/6 now when I went to have a punt.

-1 @ 10/11 instead now so, Boyles. Bet365 went 23/20 yesterday on -1, 5/6 now. I havn't being paying attention at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Limerick Tipp (hurlers) Monaghan treble pays 5/2. I fancy Tipp Footballers to beat Galway too but not sure whether I will put my money on them as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Was there a handicap option on the Antrim Derry 21 hurling match last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 C_1984

Tipp/Tipp v Dublin
    Limerick/Limerick
    Waterford 18's win

7/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone know anything about the minor football champ. Are Dublin good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Fancy tipperary to take galway in football tonight in tullamore. Expect game to be open high scoring encounter as galway don't know how to play a defensive system. Even when they had plenty of bodies behind the ball against Mayo the last day mayo still managed to create goal chances at ease. That brings me to my bet in this game. Tipperary were impressive against laois the last day and pull plenty of men behind the ball when defending but counter attack at pace. They managed to put 4 goals past laois and created many more chances. Where there is a point on offer they seem to seek out a goal opportunity which can sometime be to their detriment. They managed put 2 past limerick , 1 against cork, 2 against longford and 4 against laois. They also scored 14 goals during the whilst against much weaker opposition.They are a side high on confidence and will not fear galway who have a very poor record in qualifiers.

Boylesports offer of 6/4 over 1.5 tipp goals is a bet I've been waiting on since these sides were paired 2 weeks ago and I will also have a small bet on over 2.5 tipp goals at 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

In the player points betting in the Galway Vs Tipperary match, I reckon Danny Cummins should get Over 1.5 points which is 4/7 with PaddyPower. Danny missed about 4/5 very scorable chances the last day and is usually a good man to chip in with 3/4 scores. He will also want to make up for those misses the last day I'd imagine.

At around the same price I'm willing to take a chance on James Kavanagh under 1.5 points. Kavanagh was a good player for Kildare but he hasn't really got going in Galway and in his current form he won't be scoring 2 points. However he may well find a bit of form and being a Galway man I'd be more than happy to see him slot a few points but I just can't see that happening.

Also at 4/6 I'd be willing to take a chance on Conor Sweeney to score over 4.5 points. Galway's backline are very loose and this fella is a very good forward who often gets goals and he also takes free's so he should hit 5 points here.

In Cork Vs Sligo, David Kelly over 1.5 points looks good to me. A really lively forward. He is sure to cause problems for this Cork defence and at 5/6 he is worth taking a chance on.

7pts Danny Cummins(Galway) over 1.5 points @ 4/7

6pts Connor Sweeney(Tipperary) over 4.5 points @ 4/6

4pts David Kelly(Sligo) over 1.5 points @ 5/6

3pts James Kavanagh(Galway) under 1.5 points @ 4/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

On Tipperary +1 @ 5/6 (Hills, StanJames, Boyles)

Been impressed by Tipp's results and reckon they should have beaten Cork as well. Tipp are full of confidence and won't fear Galway. If Galway click they could be a match for most teams on their day but it's a big IF and I just think it's a very nice price and covers the draw.

Best of luck if anyone follows.

Fancy tipperary to take galway in football tonight in tullamore. Expect game to be open high scoring encounter as galway don't know how to play a defensive system. Even when they had plenty of bodies behind the ball against Mayo the last day mayo still managed to create goal chances at ease. That brings me to my bet in this game. Tipperary were impressive against laois the last day and pull plenty of men behind the ball when defending but counter attack at pace. They managed to put 4 goals past laois and created many more chances. Where there is a point on offer they seem to seek out a goal opportunity which can sometime be to their detriment. They managed put 2 past limerick , 1 against cork, 2 against longford and 4 against laois. They also scored 14 goals during the whilst against much weaker opposition.They are a side high on confidence and will not fear galway who have a very poor record in qualifiers.

Boylesports offer of 6/4 over 1.5 tipp goals is a bet I've been waiting on since these sides were paired 2 weeks ago and I will also have a small bet on over 2.5 tipp goals at 9/2

Looks a nice bet lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Warper wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the minor football champ. Are Dublin good?

Dublin look to be pretty decent this year from what I've heard but overall I would be very reluctant to back at minor level as minors can very easily have an off day.

With Dublin 11/4 and 8 teams left - so 3 games to play I really don't think there is much value there in backing there.

Kerry are favourites at 7/4 and have a lot of decent footballers - they also have a strong core of lads from Dingle who won the Hogan cup earlier in the year and Jack O'Connor is managing them but I still would be very reluctant to back them either.

Basically at this stage of the year I don't think minor offers great value given the bookies have a few games to work off off and have a decent idea of where teams are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    On Tipperary +1 @ 5/6 (Hills, StanJames, Boyles)

Been impressed by Tipp's results and reckon they should have beaten Cork as well. Tipp are full of confidence and won't fear Galway. If Galway click they could be a match for most teams on their day but it's a big IF and I just think it's a very nice price and covers the draw.

Best of luck if anyone follows.

Posted over in the GAA forum on both team's form this year. Link below

Tipperary have the look of a team that are in good form and have a fairly settled team. Galway by comparison really don't inspire confidence and they have a seriously insipid record in the qualifiers. I think people might be fancying Galway on the basis of their historical record as opposed to their form this year. They were really haunted to avoid relegation to Division 3 and their form has been very unconvincing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91438977&postcount=35

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Posted over in the GAA forum on both team's form this year. Link below

Tipperary have the look of a team that are in good form and have a fairly settled team. Galway by comparison really don't inspire confidence and they have a seriously insipid record in the qualifiers. I think people might be fancying Galway on the basis of their historical record as opposed to their form this year. They were really haunted to avoid relegation to Division 3 and their form has been very unconvincing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91438977&postcount=35

Nice one lad, hadn't really checked that side of the forum before.

Well in lad. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Lar Corbett over 2.5 points at 6/5 with Paddy, Conor McDonald over 2.5 points 10/11 with Boyle. Callanan under 12.5 points at 4/6 with Boyles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

sonnky wrote: »
    In the player points betting in the Galway Vs Tipperary match, I reckon Danny Cummins should get Over 1.5 points which is 4/7 with PaddyPower. Danny missed about 4/5 very scorable chances the last day and is usually a good man to chip in with 3/4 scores. He will also want to make up for those misses the last day I'd imagine.

At around the same price I'm willing to take a chance on James Kavanagh under 1.5 points. Kavanagh was a good player for Kildare but he hasn't really got going in Galway and in his current form he won't be scoring 2 points. However he may well find a bit of form and being a Galway man I'd be more than happy to see him slot a few points but I just can't see that happening.

Also at 4/6 I'd be willing to take a chance on Conor Sweeney to score over 4.5 points. Galway's backline are very loose and this fella is a very good forward who often gets goals and he also takes free's so he should hit 5 points here.

In Cork Vs Sligo, David Kelly over 1.5 points looks good to me. A really lively forward. He is sure to cause problems for this Cork defence and at 5/6 he is worth taking a chance on.

7pts Danny Cummins(Galway) over 1.5 points @ 4/7

6pts Connor Sweeney(Tipperary) over 4.5 points @ 4/6

4pts David Kelly(Sligo) over 1.5 points @ 5/6

3pts James Kavanagh(Galway) under 1.5 points @ 4/6

Kelly the only one to let me down, Sweeney scored a penalty in the last minute to get over the 4.5 line. Danny Cummins got 1-1 and Kavanagh never looked like scoring!

• Advertisement

Wexford to score a penalty is a massive 9/1 with Paddy power today. Think McDonald can dominate McCarthy in the air, they also have great movement and speed when running at defences.

Would not be surprised at all to see them get one, and would be hoping then (and expecting) that Guiney would take it.

Barry Kelly refs. I two games this year, he gave a penalty in the Leinster final and didn't in the Tipp v Limerick game (though Bonner Maher probably would have got one had he not got his shot away).

Also gave a penalty to Kilkenny last year in the all ireland quarters.

Boyles have got point scoring totals now which suits me. Picked out two from the different games, one being Downes over 2.5 and the other Bonner Maher over 1.5, both at evens.

Reckon both are good shouts and will back Downes first and see how that goes before backing the other one.

Wexford to score a penalty is a massive 9/1 with Paddy power today. Think McDonald can dominate McCarthy in the air, they also have great movement and speed when running at defences.

Would not be surprised at all to see them get one, and would be hoping then (and expecting) that Guiney would take it.

Barry Kelly refs. I two games this year, he gave a penalty in the Leinster final and didn't in the Tipp v Limerick game (though Bonner Maher probably would have got one had he not got his shot away).

Also gave a penalty to Kilkenny last year in the all ireland quarters.

Boyles have got point scoring totals now which suits me. Picked out two from the different games, one being Downes over 2.5 and the other Bonner Maher over 1.5, both at evens.

Reckon both are good shouts and will back Downes first and see how that goes before backing the other one.

Apparently Bonner maher is 11/8 over 1.5, great bet Tipps 4th top scorer.

Also going for one more. Podge Doran over 1.5 13/8 Boyles. Great movement, got 2 points last day but was free the entire 1st half. DOG out reduces chance of a sweeper so harder to mark if 15 v 15, McNamara will have to hold the centre.

Think Wexford will try and use him more today.

SUMMARY:

Downes Over 2.5 Evens
    Podge Doran over 1.5 13/8

and if you've an account:

Wexford goal from penalty 9/1 (PP)

C_1984 wrote: »
    Tipp/Tipp v Dublin
    Limerick/Limerick
    Waterford 18's win

7/1!

Looking good so far!

Apparently Bonner maher is 11/8 over 1.5, great bet Tipps 4th top scorer.

Also going for one more. Podge Doran over 1.5 13/8 Boyles. Great movement, got 2 points last day but was free the entire 1st half. DOG out reduces chance of a sweeper so harder to mark if 15 v 15, McNamara will have to hold the centre.

Think Wexford will try and use him more today.

SUMMARY:

Downes Over 2.5 Evens Donkey
    Podge Doran over 1.5 13/8 Put It up

and if you've an account:

Wexford goal from penalty 9/1 (PP)

One up, and the better odds so profit.

Downes had four shots no points, and should be a bit embarrassed by the last three, first one wasn't an easy chance.

Doran could have had his up after 4 minutes but missed a soft chance inside a minute. Should have taken a goal and feared the worst after that, but he managed to get one just before being taken off second came and so the hay is saved.

C_1984 wrote: »
    Tipp/Tipp v Dublin
    Limerick/Limerick
    Waterford 18's win

7/1!

Treble wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

what do people think the monaghan v Kildare handicap will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

jjll wrote: »

Think it's Monaghan -2 on Bet365. Probably about right I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

jjll wrote: »

Monaghan -1 4/5 Kildare +1 13/10
    Monaghan -2 11/10 Kildare +2 10/11
    Monaghan -3 6/4 Kildare +3 4/6

All with Boylesports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Just put a hefty bet with PP on Kerry and Mayo double this weekend. Pays 1.94 (just under evens)

• Advertisement

Anyone see anything else other than a kerry win on sunday?

Going to put a lot of money on the -4 points!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement