Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

C_1984 wrote: »
    Anyone see anything else other than a kerry win on sunday?

Going to put a lot of money on the -4 points!

Kerry look good alright and 4 seems a bit low given the results so far but hard to know when it gets to quarterfinal stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 C_1984

Kerry look good alright and 4 seems a bit low given the results so far but hard to know when it gets to quarterfinal stages.

Waiting on kerry just to win for 230 off a 10er free bet so might just leave it run without backing a handicap! I can see Kerry getting a few goals though as Galways backline isn't the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

If anyone has a bet365 account I would suggest you take a look at the odds they offer for the 2nd half being highest scoring in Gaelic football games . They are very generous compared to PP and what they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Kerry and Mayo double for me...just under evens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'll probably go Kerry -3, Mon -2 and Mayo at around 4/1. Meath - Armagh is too tough to call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Armagh look a decent price to me at 5/6. A double with Monaghan on Saturday looks a good bet at near 2/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

smacg wrote: »
    Armagh look a decent price to me at 5/6. A double with Monaghan on Saturday looks a good bet at near 2/1.

I'd be completely on the other side re:Meath vs Armagh fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I'll probably go Kerry -3, Mon -2 and Mayo at around 4/1. Meath - Armagh is too tough to call.

Like the look of this bet, going to follow. Armagh-Meath toss of a coin, avoiding.

Like the look of this bet, going to follow. Armagh-Meath toss of a coin, avoiding.

Agree that it's close even to a coin toss, which is why 11/8 about Meath is the clear bet of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 C_1984

Kerry/Kerry 1/2
    Meath/Meath 9/4
    Monaghan -2 10/11

9/1

Main bet for this weekend is kerry -4 @ Evens now -5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Cork are 2/1 on their own
    I think they may give a performance this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Monaghan were out on there feet v donegal -2 not a great one to bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

A low risk double but should be a steady earner.

KK to beat Limerick
    Kerry to beat Galway

€100 pays €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

djPSB wrote: »
    A low risk double but should be a steady earner.

KK to beat Limerick
    Kerry to beat Galway

€100 pays €180.

Should be good....buying money!

Was going to set up an account with Bet 365 there to put money on KK to win All Ireland.

When you set up an account, they give you 100% up to the value of €200. So if I put on €200, they add €200 to make it €400.

But one of the clauses is; Please note you will need to play through your deposit and bonus three times prior to making a withdrawal.

What does this mean exactly? Supposing the €400 bet wins and returns €1000, what would I have to do to withdraw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Was going to set up an account with Bet 365 there to put money on KK to win All Ireland.

When you set up an account, they give you 100% up to the value of €200. So if I put on €200, they add €200 to make it €400.

But one of the clauses is; Please note you will need to play through your deposit and bonus three times prior to making a withdrawal.

What does this mean exactly? Supposing the €400 bet wins and returns €1000, what would I have to do to withdraw?

you would have to bet a total of 1200 before you can withdraw the bonus and any winnings from that bonus.

robbiezero wrote: »
    you would have to bet a total of 1200 before you can withdraw the bonus and any winnings from that bonus.

Well that's a loada balls!

There's a price term as well i.e. you can't bet it all on 1.01 shots as far as I remember. Still a superb offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Well that's a loada balls!

You'd be surprised how quickly you can bet that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Is it not just the bonus you've to bet through 3 times? As in 600 in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Is it not just the bonus you've to bet through 3 times? As in 600 in that case?

To bet with your bonus, play through the amount of your qualifying deposit once on the sports and markets of your choice. You will need to rollover your deposit and bonus 3 times prior to making a withdrawal.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

Good Bets at the weekend:
    Monaghan v Kildare: Boyles O'Flaherty (on Frees) over 1.5pts 5/6 & Alan Smith under 4.5pts 8/15 (not on Frees) - Also back No Kildare Goal 15/8 cracking price also

Kerry v Galway: James O'Donoghue wincast is shade of odds against in the wincast market so i ask myself what wins you Man of the match and scoring a goal and your team winning goes a long way to the honour, also add to the fact he is the standout forward in the country the 9/2 on offer with Ladbrokes is very tempting

I think the Kerry price is slightly big on the basis that Mayo/Galway was 1/5 (Mayo beat the handicap it was a derby game and i think a kerry/mayo semi final will be close enough to pick'em at the same time 5pts looks about right.

On the other hand i'm not sure this will be as open a match as many have suggested (Galways Full Back Line seriously dodgy though) Galway are fairly defensive and had Lundy/Kavanagh stayed on i'm not sure tipp would have got the joy they did at the end of the game. Also are people forgetting how defensive Kerry were against Cork and it's extremely unlikely they are going to get as much clean ball in the forwards for the above reasons the under 41.5pts (bet365) is a bet the lower end of my estimate is 34.5 and 41.5pts is over the higher end of my estimate.

Mayo v Cork: Unless James Horan is hiding something it is quite clear Mayo are not playing to the levels they were at this stage last year in the Galway game both sides had close to the same number of attacks they should have been beaten against Roscommon and in the league semi final they were awful against Derry. Ok Cork were desperate against Kerry and not much better against Sligo, but both sides know each other inside out Croke park will suit Cork and will take away some of Mayos probable dominancee in midfield. 9/4 looks a cracking on Cork (7/4 would be the line i would have up in a bookmakers position)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

I really like the look of Meaths Stephen Bray over 2.5 @11/10. Bray was brilliant for Meath against Kildare and even with extremely limited supply against Dublin he scored two points and had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed. I expect him to score over 2.5 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Heavy rain forecast all day in Dublin. Will make for sloppy/difficult conditions which will lower scoring IMO. Under 36.5 in Mea v Arm at 5/6 with PP and under 35.5 in Mon v Kil at 1/1 with Spoils look good to me. Double of under 35.5 at 1/1 with Spoils as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lee Keegan anytime goal tomorrow 9/2
    and
    Mayo and Kerry over 1.5 goals double @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Heavy rain forecast all day in Dublin. Will make for sloppy/difficult conditions which will lower scoring IMO. Under 36.5 in Mea v Arm at 5/6 with PP and under 35.5 in Mon v Kil at 1/1 with Spoils look good to me. Double of under 35.5 at 1/1 with Spoils as well.

Happy days, both land. Powers cut both games by 4pts pre kick off, surprised they didn't have a closer eye on the forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Monaghan v Kildare: Boyles O'Flaherty (on Frees) over 1.5pts 5/6

This was an excellent bet and was clearly a fcukup by boyles. Well done on catching it.

I don't have a clue what the stats were for Kickouts won and lost in the Meath Armagh Game, but surely meath won nearly every kickout on both their own kickouts and Armagh's (slight exaggeration) but it really did feel like they dominated in midfield for the opening 50 minutes of the match and still lost by 5pts. Going into the All Ireland last year i was convinced that Mayo would dominate the midfield and quite the opposite happened. Any thoughts on this? i haven't backed Cork yet because i feel the price will drift but it encourages me that MF isn't as important a sector in Croke Park as in other venues based on what we saw today

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

30-17 in favour of Meath is what I heard.

• Advertisement

Really it's crazy to think Meath were that bad everywhere else, Armagh are going to have to do a lot of work if they want to compete with Donegal who are a lot stronger in the middle than Meath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement