Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Monaghan v Kildare: Boyles O'Flaherty (on Frees) over 1.5pts 5/6

This was an excellent bet and was clearly a fcukup by boyles. Well done on catching it.

Boyles haven't paid out online on it yet..... All losing bets were settled minutes after the match but o flaherty still pending!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Boyles haven't paid out online on it yet..... All losing bets were settled minutes after the match but o flaherty still pending!!!!!

Annoying but it will be paid out on eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone else think Kerry will easily cover the 4pt handicap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Double of Kerry today and Kilkenny next week in the hurling is a max bet for me @ 5/6

I think mayo -2 is a better bet than Kerry -4. Cork have been hopeless in the championship so far. They allowed Sligo score more against them than Wicklow & limerick did. Sligo scored 1-10 vs cork & from what I could see Sligo had no attacking plan and a good team would not have allowed Sligo kick more than 7 or 8 points. Plus the team they announced is pretty bad. No goulding, paddy Kelly or Goold starting. Plus the amount of times cork butchered goal chances by taking potshots at the posts instead of laying off the ball to the overlapping man was shocking.

Mayo are a serious outfit, cork don't play as a team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

When I went to do the bet they had changed it to 'O'Flaherty points from play', so I left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

What's the weather like today in Dublin? Hardly as bad as yesterday is it? Just debating what to pitch the total scores at in both games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Raining.
    Not as heavy as yesterday but it's very dull.
    It'll be intermittent throughout the afternoon I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Kerry -5 and mayo -2 double 3/1
    printing money

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I fancy Galway+5 @1.9 boyles.....Kerry struggled to get over Clare , Clare needed two chances to beat Waterford ...... The victory over cork who seem to be not as good as other cork team and do not seem to be firing on all cylinders!!!! I feel Galway would be a sterner challenge than Clare and with a 5pt advantage hopefully will put up good battle till the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

There's talk in the paper that Donal Vaughan is playing in the forward line, he's 5/6 to get a point in the game probably a serious bet if that's to happen ,he scored 2-2 last week in a club game playing there,paddys probably think he's playing half back on that price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

seanhynes wrote: »
    There's talk in the paper that Donal Vaughan is playing in the forward line, he's 5/6 to get a point in the game probably a serious bet if that's to happen ,he scored 2-2 last week in a club game playing there,paddys probably think he's playing half back on that price

great share Sean thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

seanhynes wrote: »

Thanks Sean you've buttered my bacon this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Colm O Neill obv had Cork +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Donegal ladies vs Kerry ladies late notice just starting now..Kerrys star player not playing Donegal currently 9-2..great price get on quick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Donegal ladies vs Kerry ladies late notice just starting now..Kerrys star player not playing Donegal currently 9-2..great price get on quick

thanks 4 info.. but game is already started....its 1 a piece after a few mins.. you can get donegal at 11/2 now.. are u at the game man?

Nope..Know Donegal taking it a good bit more serious than previous years..would follow the ladies a good bit ..great betting opportunities tho..Got a good chunk on Donegal plus 5 and at 9/2..low scoring defensive gameplan by both sides

Donegal one point up @ HT..Very defensive game still decent chance of coming up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Donegal one point up @ HT..Very defensive game still decent chance of coming up

so close :(

thanks for the info tho bud more info like that and this thread will be a better place

Rightlad91 wrote: »
    so close :(

thanks for the info tho bud more info like that and this thread will be a better place

To be honest before the start of the game I was slightly leaning to the Donegal handicap but wasnt going to bet it until I heard the Tg4 analysis say Louise ni Mhuir wasnt playing..Id have her down as being worth at least 4 points to Kerry so both the match odds and handicap became a play when PP left them unchanged..
    Would have been nice alright tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Abusive messages deleted - final warning to all: bans will be handed out from now on.

Beginning to think mayo are a great bet to beat Kerry. Kerry are too dependent on james o'd for scores. No better man than Keith Higgins to subdue him.

21-20 with bet365 on mayo is a crazy generous price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Beginning to think mayo are a great bet to beat Kerry. Kerry are too dependent on james o'd for scores. No better man than Keith Higgins to subdue him.

21-20 with bet365 on mayo is a crazy generous price.

Im the opposite - Kerry look good to me @ 11-8 and a tasty looking 11-4 ht-ft for this. Kerry will not fear Mayo at all. I feel they had another gear against Galway and Mayo were far from impressive against Cork. Kerry could do with Sheehan fit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Warper wrote: »
    Im the opposite - Kerry look good to me @ 11-8 and a tasty looking 11-4 ht-ft for this. Kerry will not fear Mayo at all. I feel they had another gear against Galway and Mayo were far from impressive against Cork. Kerry could do with Sheehan fit though.

I think Kerry look average if a team can keep O'Donoghue quiet.

Mayo have a few players that might be able to that.

Mayo's problem is up front but Kerry's backs aren't the maywest either.

I fancy a convincing Mayo win, followed by the standard All Ireland loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

Good Bets at the weekend:
    Monaghan v Kildare: Boyles O'Flaherty (on Frees) over 1.5pts 5/6 & Alan Smith under 4.5pts 8/15 (not on Frees) - Also back No Kildare Goal 15/8 cracking price also

Kerry v Galway: James O'Donoghue wincast is shade of odds against in the wincast market so i ask myself what wins you Man of the match and scoring a goal and your team winning goes a long way to the honour, also add to the fact he is the standout forward in the country the 9/2 on offer with Ladbrokes is very tempting

I think the Kerry price is slightly big on the basis that Mayo/Galway was 1/5 (Mayo beat the handicap it was a derby game and i think a kerry/mayo semi final will be close enough to pick'em at the same time 5pts looks about right.

On the other hand i'm not sure this will be as open a match as many have suggested (Galways Full Back Line seriously dodgy though) Galway are fairly defensive and had Lundy/Kavanagh stayed on i'm not sure tipp would have got the joy they did at the end of the game. Also are people forgetting how defensive Kerry were against Cork and it's extremely unlikely they are going to get as much clean ball in the forwards for the above reasons the under 41.5pts (bet365) is a bet the lower end of my estimate is 34.5 and 41.5pts is over the higher end of my estimate.

Mayo v Cork: Unless James Horan is hiding something it is quite clear Mayo are not playing to the levels they were at this stage last year in the Galway game both sides had close to the same number of attacks they should have been beaten against Roscommon and in the league semi final they were awful against Derry. Ok Cork were desperate against Kerry and not much better against Sligo, but both sides know each other inside out Croke park will suit Cork and will take away some of Mayos probable dominancee in midfield. 9/4 looks a cracking on Cork (7/4 would be the line i would have up in a bookmakers position)

Derry Club Championship

Glenullin play Banagher in a replay tomorrow night, i must say i was kind of expecting banagher to get the better of Glenullin the 1st day and the prices then were generally 4/6 Glenullin, Paddy & Eoin wouldn't have had much game time with the club this year due to other commitments and injury. Also they have other quality players like Neil McNicholl who was also stateside and was only back for the game last week. I know this goes against the grain but i really thought glenullin would come on for the run a lot more than Banagher. Paddy Bradley was supposed to have an knee injury going into the game so the fact he got 60 minutes under his belt has to be massive.

If i was a bookie 8/15 13/2 2/1 Glenullin solid 2pt favourites. Mark Lynch is good enough for me to recommend only an average stake at the 4/5!

Derry Club Championship

Glenullin play Banagher in a replay tomorrow night, i must say i was kind of expecting banagher to get the better of Glenullin the 1st day and the prices then were generally 4/6 Glenullin, Paddy & Eoin wouldn't have had much game time with the club this year due to other commitments and injury. Also they have other quality players like Neil McNicholl who was also stateside and was only back for the game last week. I know this goes against the grain but i really thought glenullin would come on for the run a lot more than Banagher. Paddy Bradley was supposed to have an knee injury going into the game so the fact he got 60 minutes under his belt has to be massive.

If i was a bookie 8/15 13/2 2/1 Glenullin solid 2pt favourites. Mark Lynch is good enough for me to recommend only an average stake at the 4/5!

Dublin v Monaghan

I'd say they are having sleepless nights in the farney, the half back line was seriously exposed the last 2 days Monaghan have serious issues in that how can they play the likes of dick clerkin (great footballer) paul finlay (great footballer) Fintan Kelly serious liability also in this game. The 1st 2 don't have the athleticism to play the positions that they have been and fintan kelly is going to get blown away down dublin's right side with mccaffrey and flynn

Anyway i like Monaghan so if anyone thinks differently please discuss? Who could replace the lads and Ryan Wylie surely needs to start? The bet here is with boylesports Dublin to score the 1st goal at 4/9 it's way too big. They were 4/9 against Meath which was fair enough Meath had a perceived massive goal threat (the favourite for monaghan in the goalscorer betting has scored 1 goal in championship i think he is playing 4/5 years) it should be 1/4 and i wouldn't lay that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Dublin v Monaghan

I'd say they are having sleepless nights in the farney, the half back line was seriously exposed the last 2 days Monaghan have serious issues in that how can they play the likes of dick clerkin (great footballer) paul finlay (great footballer) Fintan Kelly serious liability also in this game. The 1st 2 don't have the athleticism to play the positions that they have been and fintan kelly is going to get blown away down dublin's right side with mccaffrey and flynn

Anyway i like Monaghan so if anyone thinks differently please discuss? Who could replace the lads and Ryan Wylie surely needs to start? The bet here is with boylesports Dublin to score the 1st goal at 4/9 it's way too big. They were 4/9 against Meath which was fair enough Meath had a perceived massive goal threat (the favourite for monaghan in the goalscorer betting has scored 1 goal in championship i think he is playing 4/5 years) it should be 1/4 and i wouldn't lay that myself

Don't think it really matters who Monaghan play, they're going to get well beaten on Saturday. Dublin probably will score the first goal but a lump on 4/9 is risky. Monaghan could easily poach 1 first. On -9 at 5/6. Expecting it to come in easily.

Don't think it really matters who Monaghan play, they're going to get well beaten on Saturday. Dublin probably will score the first goal but a lump on 4/9 is risky. Monaghan could easily poach 1 first.

It does look that way in terms of Monaghan getting a drubbing. With regards the 4/9 if you got this price everytime a game of this nature was played you would make a lot of money. There is risk with every bet that you place the argument here is do you think Kilkenny have more chance of beat Limerick than dublin have of scoring the 1st goal?

I'm sure there are plenty of people lumping into the 4/9 Kilkenny well it has more risk of losing than the bet i have suggested based on all the stats. Dublin shoot for goal every 4 attacks according to the stats this year monaghan play with one man inside the 40.

A little bit of a rant but people who are afraid of odds on prices baffle i can't understand why someone would put 50 euro on a random 1/1 money shot like say a handicap when they aren't even that positive about the bet. If you backed the Dublin 4/9 this week and it should be 1/4 and you back it the following at the same price and it should be 1/4 again you have just backed an 11/10 shot that should be 4/7, patience is a serious virtue when it comes to betting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Don't think it really matters who Monaghan play, they're going to get well beaten on Saturday. Dublin probably will score the first goal but a lump on 4/9 is risky. Monaghan could easily poach 1 first. On -9 at 5/6. Expecting it to come in easily.

I would disagree with this. Monaghan are going into this as massive underdogs, nobody gives them a chance. This will suit Monaghan down to the ground. I think the pressure of being favourites got to them in the last two games.

Also, think the fact that Monaghan played last weekend should be a help, they should hit the ground running.

I still think Dublin will win but Monaghan will make them work for it. I see Monaghan keeping close up to 60 mins or so before Dublin pull away and win by 6 or 7.

10 points is a big margin on a handicap especially at All Ireland Quarter Final stages.

• Advertisement

I'm personally believe Monaghan are not much of a team and 9 points of a handicap will be beaten. Monaghan are slow on their feet, value muscle over athleticism & are a bit of a throwback team. What I mean by that is that the 2 best teams according to the bookies are all about speed and committing to attack. The sport has changed & the teams that play the non-ulster way are being rewarded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement