Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

Ok nobody is getting back to me on this one, i see the bookies have stradbally favourites over the heath. Which traditionally would be the case but on this occasion i felt it is wrong.

A couple of reasons have led me to this conclusion, 1. Darren Strong played a league game with the Heath knowing what had happened Begley for doing the same and subsequently was dropped for the wexford. The Heath have had a very good league campaign and are in the Division 2 final all of which suggests they are putting in a massive effort. Stradbally's form is moderate in division 1. Also The Heath beat Stradbally last year and their trend graphs look to be going in opposite directions. 7/5 with Boyles looks big on my limited knowledge any thoughts on this

The Heath are up by 3 close to half time and they missed a penalty to go 7pts up got a bad feeling with this one

The Heath are up by 3 close to half time and they missed a penalty to go 7pts up got a bad feeling with this one

Went level in the 2nd half but a late goal got the heath over the line by 4pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Boom__Boom wrote: »

Monaghan have conceded 1 goal in their 4 championship games so far QUOTE]

They conceded two vs Kildare, A kildare side that scored 2 goals in 4 champo games up to then. I simply think Monaghan are an overrated team that aren't in good form.

Had completely forgotten about the qualifier. :o

I just think that Monaghan are going to limit the number of goal chances Dublin are going to create, compared to the other teams Dublin have played so far and the Dublin forwards have been relying on the number of goal chances created rather than being especially clinical in front of goals for the high volume of goals they have scored.

I'm not ruling out the Dubs beating the handicap - also remember they have to have a 10 point win for the bet to come in. If they have a quiet day on the goal scoring front that's a fair whack of points to beat a team by.

Sligo take on Kerry in a junior semi-final tomorrow.

Sligo are 6/1 and Kerry are 1/12 on.

The reason I think Sligo might be worth a small punt is that in Kerry the rules for players eligible for the juniors are different to Sligo. In Sligo any player who hasnt lined out with the senior team can line out with the juniors, whereas in Kerry players from clubs that play senior county championship or line out with a divisional side are ineligible.

I haven't been able to find a Sligo team yet so am a bit suspicious they could be trying to pull a bit of a sneaky one (had a look at their lineups in recent games and they have had some decent looking names line out for them - fair few guys who have played with the Sligo seniors before)

The Kerry team is decent - have a couple of lads who won at this level previously but they do have a fair amount of young lads - think around 6/7 Kerry U21s and especially in the full-forward line there is talent but it is young talent and they might have an off day.
    There's also only 60 minutes in this so a slow start can be an issue.

I definitely wouldnt be recommending big stakes and would say that if you could get betting in running or on the handicap that would be the way to go but I just think there is the potential for some value here, especially if you can see who does line-out for Sligo and even moreso if you knew someone from Sligo to give an indication of how things were. Sligo have a decent track record in the junior level, and seem to take it pretty seriously and I know they beat Kerry at this level a year or two back. basically I think 6/1 odds are a touch long for this 2 horse race.

Kerry had a very facile victory in their last game against Clare and I was at the game and talking to some locals there the junior level wasn't really being taken too seriously by the Clare lads. Kerry won over Cork as well but this was a brand new Cork team as their entire team from last season was ineligible due to the fact that they won the All-Ireland.

In the other semi Cavan take on Scotland and Cavan really should progress as there is a chunk of their lads from the Ulster U21 winning teams involved. Can see a bookies offering a price on this anywhere unfortunately. Cavan might well be worth a punt come the final depending on how the bookies price it up.

Wicklow SFC - Kiltegan v Hollywood

Bet here is Hollywood @ Evs with Bet365

Rory Finn is definitely playing but the heart has been ripped out of Kiltegan as Seanie Furlong is definitely stateside and unavailable for the game. I'm pretty sure the Jacko Dalton is in Australia also. Looking at the form they lost the replay to Eire Og by 6pts who would not be much better than hollywood.

The match is on at 7.30pm tonight so i have just been having a little nosey around i cant bet with 365 but i think the bet tonight is a treble Palatine 1/6 (v Kilbride, Palatine are a strong side in Carlow and at a similar level to tinryland who beat kilbride by something like 16pts in the previous round kilbride scored 1pt) Newcastlewest in Limerick @ 1/7 to beat Adare (Adare are a dual club so i would assume hannon plays with them and the fact that the other bookies are moving the price suggests that adare aren't too bothered with the football) stick hollywood in the mix and your up to 13/8 with Bet 365 best anywhere else gives you Evs

• Advertisement

Wicklow SFC - Kiltegan v Hollywood

Bet here is Hollywood @ Evs with Bet365

Rory Finn is definitely playing but the heart has been ripped out of Kiltegan as Seanie Furlong is definitely stateside and unavailable for the game. I'm pretty sure the Jacko Dalton is in Australia also. Looking at the form they lost the replay to Eire Og by 6pts who would not be much better than hollywood.

The match is on at 7.30pm tonight so i have just been having a little nosey around i cant bet with 365 but i think the bet tonight is a treble Palatine 1/6 (v Kilbride, Palatine are a strong side in Carlow and at a similar level to tinryland who beat kilbride by something like 16pts in the previous round kilbride scored 1pt) Newcastlewest in Limerick @ 1/7 to beat Adare (Adare are a dual club so i would assume hannon plays with them and the fact that the other bookies are moving the price suggests that adare aren't too bothered with the football) stick hollywood in the mix and your up to 13/8 with Bet 365 best anywhere else gives you Evs

Hollywood beat Kiltegan by 3pts
    Palatine beat Kilbride by 6pts
    Newcastlewest won by a point!

Still they all count!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

The reason I think Sligo might be worth a small punt is that in Kerry the rules for players eligible for the juniors are different to Sligo. In Sligo any player who hasnt lined out with the senior team can line out with the juniors, whereas in Kerry players from clubs that play senior county championship or line out with a divisional side are ineligible.

I haven't been able to find a Sligo team yet so am a bit suspicious they could be trying to pull a bit of a sneaky one (had a look at their lineups in recent games and they have had some decent looking names line out for them - fair few guys who have played with the Sligo seniors before)

The Kerry team is decent - have a couple of lads who won at this level previously but they do have a fair amount of young lads - think around 6/7 Kerry U21s and especially in the full-forward line there is talent but it is young talent and they might have an off day.

I definitely wouldnt be recommending big stakes and would say that if you could get betting in running or on the handicap that would be the way to go but I just think there is the potential for some value here, especially if you can see who does line-out for Sligo and even moreso if you knew someone from Sligo to give an indication of how things were. Sligo have a decent track record in the junior level, and seem to take it pretty seriously and I know they beat Kerry at this level a year or two back. basically I think 6/1 odds are a touch long for this 2 horse race.

Kerry had a very facile victory in their last game against Clare and I was at the game and talking to some locals there the junior level wasn't really being taken too seriously by the Clare lads. Kerry won over Cork as well but this was a brand new Cork team as their entire team from last season was ineligible due to the fact that they won the All-Ireland.

In the other semi Cavan take on Scotland and Cavan really should progress as there is a chunk of their lads from the Ulster U21 winning teams involved. Can see a bookies offering a price on this anywhere unfortunately. Cavan might well be worth a punt come the final depending on how the bookies price it up.

Was actually going to post on this game...

However I am going completely on the other side..Kerry are 1-12 so hoping for a handicap of -6 or -7 to be put up before the game starts..Have little knowledge of Kerry although from reports and their defeat of Cork they appear to have a decent side..
    I do know a bit about Sligo however and it looks like theyl be cannon fodder for the Kingdom.In their Connacht campaign they played a Mayo side who made a terrible start and were 2-2 to no scored down after 5 minutes..From there until the end Sligo managed only 6 points but managed to win by 2..Now Mayo would have lost a number of key attackers in the weeks leading up to the game and were down two definite starters from who were not released from the senior panel..If they had them available there's no doubt Mayo would have won..
    In the final against a terrible Leitrim team they won 0-9 to 0-6..So in 115 minutes after the opening 5 against Mayo theyve scored 0-11..
    The real kicker is they're down 8 or 9 starters who have went on to be involved with the Sligo seniors this year and are now ineligible..Again 7 is a large handicap in Gaelic but id be stunned if Kerry fail to cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    Was going to set up an account with Bet 365 there to put money on KK to win All Ireland.

When you set up an account, they give you 100% up to the value of €200. So if I put on €200, they add €200 to make it €400.

But one of the clauses is; Please note you will need to play through your deposit and bonus three times prior to making a withdrawal.

What does this mean exactly? Supposing the €400 bet wins and returns €1000, what would I have to do to withdraw?

In advance of the KK game on Sunday, just stuck €200 on KK to win the All Ireland at 6/4 availing of the offer above.

Hon the Cats.

And a small accumulator;

KK HT/FT v Limerick
    Donegal/Armagh under 2.5 goals
    Monaghan +9 v Dublin
    Mayo to beat Kerry

9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

In advance of the KK game on Sunday, just stuck €200 on KK to win the All Ireland at 6/4 availing of the offer above.

Hon the Cats.

You need to turn over your deposit and bonus 3 times, so therefore if you lodged 200 and got 200 free, you need to stake 1200 with them before you can withdraw!

Hope you took this into account. And all bets to qualify for the rollover have to be placed on odds of 1/2 or greater.

A bit of patience and you'll get there, I done it slowly over a few weeks backing only things I really fancied with them and done any other bets elsewhere not to be wasting that money.

• Advertisement

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Was actually going to post on this game...

However I am going completely on the other side..Kerry are 1-12 so hoping for a handicap of -6 or -7 to be put up before the game starts..Have little knowledge of Kerry although from reports and their defeat of Cork they appear to have a decent side..
    I do know a bit about Sligo however and it looks like theyl be cannon fodder for the Kingdom.In their Connacht campaign they played a Mayo side who made a terrible start and were 2-2 to no scored down after 5 minutes..From there until the end Sligo managed only 6 points but managed to win by 2..Now Mayo would have lost a number of key attackers in the weeks leading up to the game and were down two definite starters from who were not released from the senior panel..If they had them available there's no doubt Mayo would have won..
    In the final against a terrible Leitrim team they won 0-9 to 0-6..So in 115 minutes after the opening 5 against Mayo theyve scored 0-11..
    The real kicker is they're down 8 or 9 starters who have went on to be involved with the Sligo seniors this year and are now ineligible..Again 7 is a large handicap in Gaelic but id be stunned if Kerry fail to cover it

Didnt have much idea of how Sligo were this year - was basing it a lot on the fact that they have a decent record at this level.

One thing about covering the handicap - remember this is a 60 minute game as opposed to 70 so that much harder to run up a score

Kerry absolutely walloped Clare - Clare got their first point from play in injury time in the 2nd half yet and got a couple of very soft frees by the ref that were very much in the category of keeping the scoreline respectable but Kerry only won by 11 points and I'd expect Sligo to be far more competitive.

shmeee wrote: »
    You need to turn over your deposit and bonus 3 times, so therefore if you lodged 200 and got 200 free, you need to stake 1200 with them before you can withdraw!

Hope you took this into account. And all bets to qualify for the rollover have to be placed on odds of 1/2 or greater.

A bit of patience and you'll get there, I done it slowly over a few weeks backing only things I really fancied with them and done any other bets elsewhere not to be wasting that money.

Yep I know that.

Will worry about that if it wins.

IF it did win with a return of €1000, I'll be putting it all on Chelsea to win the PL. I may not need to worry about that though if Limerick cause an upset on Sunday :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Powers have game in their live betting schedule and can back Kerry-7 at 10/11 there. Have to go into it via live betting section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Handicap gone to -9 now. Few quid gone on Kerry in last hour. Will wait till goes in running again and prob have punt on Kerry over 1.5 if get evens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Donegal - 2
    Monaghan +12
    6/4 double with Boyles.
    That will do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Don't have any team news for this one but think tonight's game at 7.30pm in Walsh Park between Abbeyside and Passage has a bit of value.

Passsage 6/4 (Bet 365)

County champions are not strong in the betting this week, my assumption is that this is based on the last round of games where Abbeyside ran DLS close, going down by two in the end.

It is a fact though that DLS are not as strong in the early rounds as they are in the later games. I saw Abbeyside play Fourmilewater in the first round and lose by 7 points. They offered very little, and FMW subsequently lost to Roanmore who while they look a lot better this year wouldn't be the strongest by any means.

Now those two results in themselves show the up and down nature of the round robin games in the Senior championship. I think despite drawing with Roanmore the first day, the draw with result the second day will have been encouraging. Queally has made this Passage team incredibly battle hardened, they were hammered in one meaningless game by Ballygunner last year but won all the rest (I think, may have drawn with Dungarvan), but not by much. County champs for a reason, though not the best team in the County.

Abbeyside being the hurling part of what is Ballinacourty in football (County Champs) will have been playing football the last two weeks. Gives Passage that bit more preparation time. All I do know is that Passage will be missing Minor hurler Sean Hogan (on the bench tomorrow) who scored a few crucial goals last year, while Aside will be missing Minor County wing back Conor Prunty. Not sure who else is missing on either side.

This is at best a 50/50 game which I'd still be giving Passage the edge in, especially in Walsh Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Dubs could have covered the handicap twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Forum seems split on the Dublin handicap.

Personally, I don't see value in Dublin -9.

All will be revealed on Saturday!

Indeed, time everyone grasped where this Dublin team is at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Kerry win 2-21 to 0-10...To be expected altough the gulf in class only became apparent in the second half..Half time score of 0-8 points apiece proving misleading if not slightly worrying!!

Indeed, time everyone grasped where this Dublin team is at.

Thoughts on Donegal v Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Handicap is Dublin -7 1/1 with PP. All over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Don't have any team news for this one but think tonight's game at 7.30pm in Walsh Park between Abbeyside and Passage has a bit of value.

Passsage 6/4 (Bet 365)

County champions are not strong in the betting this week, my assumption is that this is based on the last round of games where Abbeyside ran DLS close, going down by two in the end.

It is a fact though that DLS are not as strong in the early rounds as they are in the later games. I saw Abbeyside play Fourmilewater in the first round and lose by 7 points. They offered very little, and FMW subsequently lost to Roanmore who while they look a lot better this year wouldn't be the strongest by any means.

Now those two results in themselves show the up and down nature of the round robin games in the Senior championship. I think despite drawing with Roanmore the first day, the draw with result the second day will have been encouraging. Queally has made this Passage team incredibly battle hardened, they were hammered in one meaningless game by Ballygunner last year but won all the rest (I think, may have drawn with Dungarvan), but not by much. County champs for a reason, though not the best team in the County.

Abbeyside being the hurling part of what is Ballinacourty in football (County Champs) will have been playing football the last two weeks. Gives Passage that bit more preparation time. All I do know is that Passage will be missing Minor hurler Sean Hogan (on the bench tomorrow) who scored a few crucial goals last year, while Aside will be missing Minor County wing back Conor Prunty. Not sure who else is missing on either side.

This is at best a 50/50 game which I'd still be giving Passage the edge in, especially in Walsh Park.

Abbeyside won by three, my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Thoughts on Donegal v Dublin?

First things first, Monaghan are not a good team. They are slow, depend on muscle and have one scoring forward. This Dublin team views that challenge as meat & drink.

Donegal have a far better calibre of forwards but their backs are also fairly slow, over muscled & getting on. Donegal don't score goals. Donegal won't win and they have their ulster title. Not sure how much belief they can logically have.

The only way to beat Dublin is to score three more goals than them. Donegal have no chance of doing this.

I've backed dubs -7. They didn't get out of third gear today. Their performance was a step down from the meath game. Still they won by 16 or 17.

First things first, Monaghan are not a good team. They are slow, depend on muscle and have one scoring forward. This Dublin team views that challenge as meat & drink.

Donegal have a far better calibre of forwards but their backs are also fairly slow, over muscled & getting on. Donegal don't score goals. Donegal won't win and they have their ulster title. Not sure how much belief they can logically have.

The only way to beat Dublin is to score three more goals than them. Donegal have no chance of doing this.

I've backed dubs -7. They didn't get out of third gear today. Their performance was a step down from the meath game. Still they won by 16 or 17.

The only thing is we could see one of the most defensive game plans ever seen in a football game from Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They've scored 5 in 4 games, albeit 3 against Antrim. Bit unfair on McNialis who has scored 2 if I'm correct!

I'd say we'll need 2 or 3 all right. They are capable of it on a good day but I suspect that wont even be enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mick fennelly 12/1 rte motm for me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The only thing is we could see one of the most defensive game plans ever seen in a football game from Donegal.

If they do that, they will definitely be beaten. You cannot invite this Dublin team on to you, they have too much pace and power and no little skill. There is just no way of holding them to under 10 or 12 points which is what would be required if Donegal go back to 2011 tactics.

The Kerry and Mayo way is the only way of beating Dublin, push up on them and pressure them all over the field, push up on the kick-outs, win the midfield battle (which is achievable). Even at that neither Kerry nor Mayo have been or are now good enough to beat them (Kerry dont have the backs, Mayo don't have the forwards).

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mick fennelly 12/1 rte motm for me today.

Seamus Hickey is really interesting in this market pat Horgan was anonymous in Munster final until he switched off him . I fancy hickey to do the same to Colin Fennelly who I think he will be on today , also if Fennelly is on hickey his under points is really interesting

Just saw this post 3 players from Sligo juniors played with the senior team against Wicklow and cork which ruled them out of the game yesterday bookies obviously aware of this Stephen Coen sligos best player during the Connacht campaign was one such player

• Advertisement

Seamus Hickey is really interesting in this market pat Horgan was anonymous in Munster final until he switched off him . I fancy hickey to do the same to Colin Fennelly who I think he will be on today , also if Fennelly is on hickey his under points is really interesting

Boylesports are 40/1 do they know anything about hurling what a price win or lose get stuck in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement