Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

After watching the first half of the minors - KK lead by 4 and are evens at minus two on the handicap with PP? Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

Boylesports are 40/1 do they know anything about hurling what a price win or lose get stuck in

Boylesports are blessed Kilkenny won that game, still hickey is a certainty to be nominated for motm tonight you'd never know

Absolutely feckin delighted hope some of ye got on, hear wrenching stuff for the lad no luck with injury last year defeat in the manner they did today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    A low risk double but should be a steady earner.

KK to beat Limerick
    Kerry to beat Galway

€100 pays €180.

Low risk me arse, Limerick did their utmost.

Money in the bank though, happy days.

Boylesports are blessed Kilkenny won that game, still hickey is a certainty to be nominated for motm tonight you'd never know

Murphy was excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

JLoftus wrote: »
    Double of Kerry today and Kilkenny next week in the hurling is a max bet for me @ 5/6

Happy Days!

• Advertisement

Aidan O'Shea 2/1 to get an All Star.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Great bet, will be close.

Think Hogan got it thought judging by a picture of him being interviewed thrown up by the Sunday game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Just saw this post 3 players from Sligo juniors played with the senior team against Wicklow and cork which ruled them out of the game yesterday bookies obviously aware of this Stephen Coen sligos best player during the Connacht campaign was one such player

Sligo were actually missing 8 from their Connacht campaign..and they would have been 8 of the best players..just shows the value is there in the GAA if you are patient and have good knowledge available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

djPSB wrote: »
    Aidan O'Shea 2/1 to get an All Star.

Thoughts?

Doesnt strike me as great value - MDMA is pretty much nailed on to get one of the 2 spots - I think its a case of MDMA plus whoever performs in the semi+final. Might be AOS but I don't think he's likely to have 3 big games in a row.

I had considered David Moran as possible long-shot value before the Galway game, but when he wasnt named as a starter I left it - he was 40/1 at that stage, he's now into 8/1 and is the type of player who could pull 2 eye-catching performances out of nowhere if Kerry did manage to win it.

Costello at 2/1 looks very good value for young player of the year imo. There is very little in the way of competition this year. Really cant see McHugh or McBrearty having the type of display necessary against Dublin to trouble him.
    Walsh has no chance to close and hasn't done enough to get the big prize this year and McCaffrey won it last year.

Cormac Costello 2/1
    Ryan McHugh 5/2
    Shane Walsh 4/1
    Patrick McBrearty 4/1
    Jack McCaffrey 4/1
    Paul Mannion 11/2
    Darach O'Connor 20/1
    Colin O Riordan 33/1

http://dontfoul.wordpress.com/

Reading this breakdown of Donegal's performance, I think Dublin at evens to beat the handicap of +7 is great value.

Donegal of 2014 are far closer to Monaghan 2014 than Dublin 2014 imo

Armagh's midfield was feeble yesterday and the fact that both Armagh starting midfielders were subbed pretty early says a lot about how badly Armagh did there. Donegal's midfield arent going to get it as easy against the Dublin midfield.

• Advertisement

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Sligo were actually missing 8 from their Connacht campaign..and they would have been 8 of the best players..just shows the value is there in the GAA if you are patient and have good knowledge available!

So basically I was in the right area thinking there might be value in the game but was facing in the wrong direction, in thinking Sligo were worth a punt.:o

Will be interesting to see who lines up for Cavan in the final - will be checking to see if there are many lads who were involved in Ulster's U21 wins and you would assume. could well be value here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

YPOTY is a weird one. Costello may well be the best in the country but he's only playing the last 15 min of games when it's dead and buried. Guys like Walsh and McHugh playing regularly could favour them.

YPOTY is a weird one. Costello may well be the best in the country but he's only playing the last 15 min of games when it's dead and buried. Guys like Walsh and McHugh playing regularly could favour them.

I agree the lack of game time is an issue with Costello but he has looked class pretty much every minute he's been on the pitch compared to some of the others. There's also the issue of should he be penalised for his lack of minutes due to the strength of Dublin's attack

I think if you were involved in selecting YPOTY you're going to have one eye on what the various candidates are going to do long-term and Costello to me looks the best bet to deliver long-term (obviously helps coming into this Dublin team.

It's not a sure thing but I think 2/1 looks generous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭jack747

Seamus Hickey is really interesting in this market pat Horgan was anonymous in Munster final until he switched off him . I fancy hickey to do the same to Colin Fennelly who I think he will be on today , also if Fennelly is on hickey his under points is really interesting

Was at the game today, I thought he was outstanding shoudnt be far off, if limerick won he would have been nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I think in Westmeath football championship kilucan to beat Maryland at 5/4 is a decent price.
    Maryland not going well and county forward in America . Kilucan going well and sister club raharney had great win at weekend and most play on both teams ...
    Might be worth a look at

this came in handy enough for any that backed it...

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Doesnt strike me as great value - MDMA is pretty much nailed on to get one of the 2 spots - I think its a case of MDMA plus whoever performs in the semi+final. Might be AOS but I don't think he's likely to have 3 big games in a row.

I had considered David Moran as possible long-shot value before the Galway game, but when he wasnt named as a starter I left it - he was 40/1 at that stage, he's now into 8/1 and is the type of player who could pull 2 eye-catching performances out of nowhere if Kerry did manage to win it.

Costello at 2/1 looks very good value for young player of the year imo. There is very little in the way of competition this year. Really cant see McHugh or McBrearty having the type of display necessary against Dublin to trouble him.
    Walsh has no chance to close and hasn't done enough to get the big prize this year and McCaffrey won it last year.

Cormac Costello 2/1
    Ryan McHugh 5/2
    Shane Walsh 4/1
    Patrick McBrearty 4/1
    Jack McCaffrey 4/1
    Paul Mannion 11/2
    Darach O'Connor 20/1
    Colin O Riordan 33/1

AOS was Mayo's best player against Cork imo.

A big performance v Kerry could be enough to get him an All Star.

Another point in his favour is that he played centre forward against Cork which means he could get an All Star at midfield or centre forward.

Richie Hogan will get Hurler of the Year imo.

Was between himself, Tj or Horgan.

Tj wasn't that involved enough today to be in contention.

Hogan Evs with PP. Think he will go odds on soon especially if he gets MOTM tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Boylesports are 40/1 do they know anything about hurling what a price win or lose get stuck in

Winner winner. Shout and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Hickey motm on Sunday Game, what a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fantastic shout re Hickey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Wooohooo!! good man yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Wooohooo!! good man yourself

That was sweet lads I don't mind telling ye, Boylesports need to do a little bit more research on the hurling because it's going to take over from football as the number 1 Gaelic game for punters with Dublin looking likely to dominate the big ball code.

Hope yours got a few quid the price was still there after I backed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Cheers for that. Brilliant shout. Didn't think he would get it after them loosing

:) Well done Letsgogaagaa.

Anyone any opinions on the Goalkeeper all star?

3 candidates still have games left. Herity is dodgy, to be honest there was enough evidence of that today. Lucky not to be at fault for two goals. Don't see him getting it, and is a crazy short price at 2/1.

Gleeson is a poor enough keeper too and think if Tipp win next week then this award will really be up in the air.

Nash is definitely the leading candidate on ability, but with the scoring part of his game now removed and the two mistakes v Clare memorable I think his chances are in jeopardy too.

Looking outside them, I can't understand how Nicky Quaid is third in the betting at 4/1. He hasn't made a save all year. Not saying hes a bad keeper, but can't see how you could make a case for him getting the award.

That leaves two for me. Stephen O'Keeffe has halved since I last saw odds from 50/1, to 25/1. Made some excellent saves v Cork (high profile save from Nash and Horgan the first day, two the second day including one incredible one). In my own admittedly biased opinion, I think he is the best shot stopper in the Country. What would let his chances down is the vulnerability in the air (Laois' goal against us this year) and not enough high profile games. Might be worth a small €2 stake for value alone though, definitely not a 25/1 shot.

Where the value lies though is with Alan Nolan. A few good saves v Wexford, a man of the match winning performance v Kilkenny, didn't do much wrong v Tipp either. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I definitely think there is a Dublin bias within some circles in these selection commitees. For a start, I have no doubt that a goalie being on the panel helped him get his man of the match but I think it did him no harm the jersey he worse either (Richie Hogan was definitely man of the match on the day).

I firmly believe that you can see evidence of a bias there in Alan McCrabbe getting an all star in 2009 for taking frees. Also in Sutcliffe (don't get me wrong top player) getting young hurler of the year two years ago despite only playing in two games and scoring 0-02. Had a great league, similar to other candidates, wins by default.

Alan Nolan 15/2 with PP, good bet in my view.

mjp wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Brilliant shout. Didn't think he would get it after them loosing

In fairness either did I but I'll never have a bad word said against Cyril and Donal Og after tonight legends

:) Well done Letsgogaagaa.

Anyone any opinions on the Goalkeeper all star?

3 candidates still have games left. Herity is dodgy, to be honest there was enough evidence of that today. Lucky not to be at fault for two goals. Don't see him getting it, and is a crazy short price at 2/1.

Gleeson is a poor enough keeper too and think if Tipp win next week then this award will really be up in the air.

Nash is definitely the leading candidate on ability, but with the scoring part of his game now removed and the two mistakes v Clare memorable I think his chances are in jeopardy too.

Looking outside them, I can't understand how Nicky Quaid is third in the betting at 4/1. He hasn't made a save all year. Not saying hes a bad keeper, but can't see how you could make a case for him getting the award.

That leaves two for me. Stephen O'Keeffe has halved since I last saw odds from 50/1, to 25/1. Made some excellent saves v Cork (high profile save from Nash and Horgan the first day, two the second day including one incredible one). In my own admittedly biased opinion, I think he is the best shot stopper in the Country. What would let his chances down is the vulnerability in the air (Laois' goal against us this year) and not enough high profile games. Might be worth a small €2 stake for value alone though, definitely not a 25/1 shot.

Where the value lies though is with Alan Nolan. A few good saves v Wexford, a man of the match winning performance v Kilkenny, didn't do much wrong v Tipp either. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I definitely think there is a Dublin bias within some circles in these selection commitees. For a start, I have no doubt that a goalie being on the panel helped him get his man of the match but I think it did him no harm the jersey he worse either (Richie Hogan was definitely man of the match on the day).

I firmly believe that you can see evidence of a bias there in Alan McCrabbe getting an all star in 2009 for taking frees. Also in Sutcliffe (don't get me wrong top player) getting young hurler of the year two years ago despite only playing in two games and scoring 0-02. Had a great league, similar to other candidates, wins by default.

Alan Nolan 15/2 with PP, good bet in my view.

I agree o'keefe and Nolan are too big Nash should be 4/6 at biggest price

I agree o'keefe and Nolan are too big Nash should be 4/6 at biggest price

Don't think Stephen will get it all that said. Would be very surprised if it's not one of Nash or Nolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    So basically I was in the right area thinking there might be value in the game but was facing in the wrong direction, in thinking Sligo were worth a punt.:

Will be interesting to see who lines up for Cavan in the final - will be checking to see if there are many lads who were involved in Ulster's U21 wins and you would assume. could well be value here.

Yeah you could well be right there.More than likely Cavan will play a defensive gameplan which would not suit the young Kerry forwards.
    An added factor in Cavans favour is they may have a few players back from the US who left before the seniors played in Ulster!

• Advertisement

Handicap is Dublin -7 1/1 with PP. All over this.

I really do think the handicap is wrong if it's 7pts Donegal will be able to beat this if they get a clean bill of health from the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement