Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Great bet that, what was the max stake do you know?

€50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Tipp going odds against slowly but surely, gonna hold out and see will go any bigger. Will have to be snapped up.

That was easy, ended up with Tipp to Qualify @ 21/20 as a bit of a safety net if drew.

Anyone get on any of the handicaps?

-5 was 5/1 or so.

Tipp best priced @ 6/4 with PP. Not sure if this price will drift with support for KK who look big at the price to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

:) Well done Letsgogaagaa.

Anyone any opinions on the Goalkeeper all star?

3 candidates still have games left. Herity is dodgy, to be honest there was enough evidence of that today. Lucky not to be at fault for two goals. Don't see him getting it, and is a crazy short price at 2/1.

Gleeson is a poor enough keeper too and think if Tipp win next week then this award will really be up in the air.

Nash is definitely the leading candidate on ability, but with the scoring part of his game now removed and the two mistakes v Clare memorable I think his chances are in jeopardy too.

Looking outside them, I can't understand how Nicky Quaid is third in the betting at 4/1. He hasn't made a save all year. Not saying hes a bad keeper, but can't see how you could make a case for him getting the award.

That leaves two for me. Stephen O'Keeffe has halved since I last saw odds from 50/1, to 25/1. Made some excellent saves v Cork (high profile save from Nash and Horgan the first day, two the second day including one incredible one). In my own admittedly biased opinion, I think he is the best shot stopper in the Country. What would let his chances down is the vulnerability in the air (Laois' goal against us this year) and not enough high profile games. Might be worth a small €2 stake for value alone though, definitely not a 25/1 shot.

Where the value lies though is with Alan Nolan. A few good saves v Wexford, a man of the match winning performance v Kilkenny, didn't do much wrong v Tipp either. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I definitely think there is a Dublin bias within some circles in these selection commitees. For a start, I have no doubt that a goalie being on the panel helped him get his man of the match but I think it did him no harm the jersey he worse either (Richie Hogan was definitely man of the match on the day).

I firmly believe that you can see evidence of a bias there in Alan McCrabbe getting an all star in 2009 for taking frees. Also in Sutcliffe (don't get me wrong top player) getting young hurler of the year two years ago despite only playing in two games and scoring 0-02. Had a great league, similar to other candidates, wins by default.

Alan Nolan 15/2 with PP, good bet in my view.

Alan Nolan now 9/4, SOK is 7/1. Darren Gleeson is evens, which is daft.

Closing my PP account was some mistake.

Clubs games this weekend and 2 in Tipp that stand out, may not look like great value but both should be winning.

Kilurane @ 1/2 and Thurles Sarsfields @ 8/15. Over a 5/4 double.

shmeee wrote: »
    Clubs games this weekend and 2 in Tipp that stand out, may not look like great value but both should be winning.

Kilurane @ 1/2 and Thurles Sarsfields @ 8/15. Over a 5/4 double.

Would you not be a bit worried about the Thurles lads playing County last weekend? Paudie Maher, Lar, Denis Maher all involved and Michael Cahill only just back.

I guess Drom to have Callinan and Woodlock who played the whole game as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Keith Higgins to be MOTM in Kerry Mayo is a bet I like. 18/1 with boyles.

He will mark JoD who hasn't come up against a good marker yet this year & Higgins is the best.

That said 6-1 on JoD to be MOTM is also generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Seamus O'Shea 20/1 MOTM a sneaky outside bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Micheal Breathnachs in the Galway Senior Football Championship at 11/8 a big bet for me this weekend. Beat a highly rated St. James side last time out and Salthills form in this championship has been uninspiring. IMO Breathnachs should be favorites for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I think the scoring will be low in the Hurling Final so and of the unders appeal. But as i only like longshots 18/1 about no goalscorer is certainly value

Would you not be a bit worried about the Thurles lads playing County last weekend? Paudie Maher, Lar, Denis Maher all involved and Michael Cahill only just back.

I guess Drom to have Callinan and Woodlock who played the whole game as well.

That wouldn't bother me. Them lads are as fit as it gets. Drom are in same boat and overall Sars have more depth in the team. Sars with the likes of Ronan Maher, Pa Bourke and Aidan McCormack also. A strong team.

Wouldn't mind a few handicaps either, nothing around yet, usually a few pop up come tomorrow. Boyles didn't hold the 8/13 for long either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

aidankkk wrote: »
    I think the scoring will be low in the Hurling Final so and of the unders appeal. But as i only like longshots 18/1 about no goalscorer is certainly value

When did a Tipp and Kk match last finish without a goal? I can't think of one off the top of my head. There's too many good forwards on both sides for it to finish goalless in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Agree wouldn't be close to backing NGS at 18/1. Wouldn't back it at 2X that price I don't think.

Anyone know anything about Moorefield and their prospects for Kildare?

Heard good word.

Anyone know anything about Moorefield and their prospects for Kildare?

Heard good word.

They are playing athy this weekend in the champo. It's not a knockout game.

I would be very suprised if the winner of the championship doesn't come from these two teams.

Moorefield are champions & have added jack o'connor's two sons who are living in the area.

A lot of people think athy are better and have added a manager with a good reputation. Teams that have played against athy rave on about how good they. Athy's are getting a bit of a reputation as chokers though.

Moorefield are a safer bet but I couldn't call it. I have not seen either team playing this year I should disclose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    When did a Tipp and Kk match last finish without a goal? I can't think of one off the top of my head. There's too many good forwards on both sides for it to finish goalless in my view.

True but i'm not sure about the forwards this year as before, and i think it could be a tight low scoring match, which would make the 18/1 value..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Great to see the chat going again guys, hopefully with some good modding we can keep smart comments away.

On the Galway game, Salthill are reliable but it really does look like they are up for the taking here against a though rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

aidankkk wrote: »
    True but i'm not sure about the forwards this year as before, and i think it could be a tight low scoring match, which would make the 18/1 value..

Maybe if Dublin and Cork were playing but Tipp and Kilkenny are the 2 best teams for goals in the game. I'd expect a couple of goals at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Kerry ht-ft @ 11-4 for me this weekend. Fancy them to storm out of the traps and build an early lead. Mayo will come back at them but hopefully goals will win the game for Kerry as they will need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Warper wrote: »
    Kerry ht-ft @ 11-4 for me this weekend. Fancy them to storm out of the traps and build an early lead. Mayo will come back at them but hopefully goals will win the game for Kerry as they will need them.

I was thinking along similar lines but instead I've gone kerry/mayo.

I fancy kerry to come out flying with mayo struggling to deal with the kerry forwards. But I'd expect mayo' extra workrate and conditioning to eventually see them reach victory. Should be a cracker. 4/1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What would have you thinking Mayo are better conditioned than Kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I was thinking along similar lines but instead I've gone kerry/mayo.

I fancy kerry to come out flying with mayo struggling to deal with the kerry forwards. But I'd expect mayo' extra workrate and conditioning to eventually see them reach victory. Should be a cracker. 4/1

I hope it's a cracker but I can't shake the feeling that it will be a tough, tight, low scoring match.

Kerry play a lot more defensive than people think as they are Kerry and are
    synonymous with free flowing football but under Eamon Fitz they usually play a few forwards back and bunch up defensively.

Mayo too will be looking to keep it tight and not out of the game with half an hour gone so I expect it to be low scoring.

Here's hoping I'm wrong though and we get a semi final like the one Kerry played in last year!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

keane2097 wrote: »

Fittest team in Ireland bar Dublin. Most of them are built like tanks. Very strong in the tackle. Relatively young team as well. Kerry have a few old stagers in the backs, and are very slow around the midfield.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fittest team in Ireland bar Dublin. Most of them are built like tanks. Very strong in the tackle. Relatively young team as well. Kerry have a few old stagers in the backs, and are very slow around the midfield.

Fair enough in terms of size and strength. Doesn't necessarily amount to finishing stronger though. They imploded in the last quarter against Cork.

Fair enough in terms of size and strength. Doesn't necessarily amount to finishing stronger though. They imploded in the last quarter against Cork.

And were still able to answer when required. Dunno does that turn equate to poor conditioning. Would say though in a 20 man game their options off the bench aren't great, particularly up front.

And were still able to answer when required. Dunno does that turn equate to poor conditioning. Would say though in a 20 man game their options off the bench aren't great, particularly up front.

Oh I don't think they're badly conditioned, I just don't think there's been a good argument put forward for them finishing more strongly than Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Can see kerry building up a 3-4 point lead early on and Mayo chasing the game 2nd half, Higgins will probably be on O Donoghue ,if any man can keep him quiet its him,if o donoghue has an off game Kerry are in trouble

Kevin Walsh 1/2 to be the next Galway manager. This has the smell of buying money. Anyone know for sure?

By the way anyone know what the stars beside your username mean? Times we won the champions league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Lump on mayo , wet conditions will suit , Kerry wont live with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

Is Declan Fit? Is the Kerry team named good enough in the half forward line to find those angled runs from the inside forwards geaney/JOD across the pitch without him?

Does anyone else think the Under 41.5pts is a brilliant bet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement