Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

West Kerry would have the Gaeltacht lads wouldn't they? Have they any other county players?

Well in, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

The 8/15 with Boyles on mullinavat to beat young Ireland's in the kilkenny intermediate championship is very generous. More like a 1/5 shot.

Well worth sticking in any accums

Edit: ignore. Price has just changed to 1/4. Sorry folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

ft9 wrote: »
    The 8/15 with Boyles on mullinavat to beat young Ireland's in the kilkenny intermediate championship is very generous. More like a 1/5 shot.

Well worth sticking in any accums

Edit: ignore. Price has just changed to 1/4. Sorry folks.

That 8/15 was there all day yesterday and even until 11 bells or so this morning as I took it in a few accums in shop around 10. And got it last night online also.

Surprised they didn't change the price as Powers and Ladbrokes were both 1/4.

Newport in Tipp Intermediate should do the job also @ 4/6.

shmeee wrote: »
    That 8/15 was there all day yesterday and even until 11 bells or so this morning as I took it in a few accums in shop around 10. And got it last night online also.

Surprised they didn't change the price as Powers and Ladbrokes were both 1/4.

Newport in Tipp Intermediate should do the job also @ 4/6.

Mullinavat won by 2 but made hard work of it, were down the whole game and at one stage in the second half were behind by 8. They rallied well late then to win, 2-18 to 4-10.

Newport won by 19 points. 5-14 to 1-12. Game was just a minute off when I posted, never noticed time so gave no chance on anyone to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Mullinavat won by 2 but made hard work of it, were down the whole game and at one stage in the second half were behind by 8. They rallied well late then to win, 2-18 to 4-10.

Newport won by 19 points. 5-14 to 1-12. Game was just a minute off when I posted, never noticed time so gave no chance on anyone to get on.

yeah pity on newport thats a cracking win for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

In offaly rhode -3 at evens seems very fair to me.

I've been told the 11/10 on Carbery Rangers to beat Ballincollig in the Cork football is huge.

Any cork heads have an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Anyone here from Roscommon that might shed some light on the game on Sunday. Am I mad thinking that at faitleachs +6 @ 5/6 is generous????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ft9 wrote: »
    I've been told the 11/10 on Carbery Rangers to beat Ballincollig in the Cork football is huge.

Any cork heads have an opinion?

I see it as being a very even game. Pa Kelly is playing some fantastisc football for Ballincollig at the moment. Also the weather could play a part with some very heavy downpours expected over the weekend. Too close to call in my view, so certainly not huge.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I see it as being a very even game. Pa Kelly is playing some fantastisc football for Ballincollig at the moment. Also the weather could play a part with some very heavy downpours expected over the weekend. Too close to call in my view, so certainly not huge.

I'll leave it alone so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

dibs101 wrote: »
    Anyone here from Roscommon that might shed some light on the game on Sunday. Am I mad thinking that at faitleachs +6 @ 5/6 is generous????

Not great, I think the line should definitely be +7. Weather will have be a huge factor though, because the Hyde is a terrible pitch.

Powers run for their life's when you try to get a decent size bet on any club game.

Prices were cut to **** in a matter of minutes in some of the Tipp club games after there were posted the other day.

No value really now to point out to ye as the ones below have been cut.

Intermediate games :

Sarsfields 4/6 into 8/15
    Clonakenny 4/7 into 4/9
    St Marys 4/7 into 4/11

And for some reason they won't let you even do that above treble, doubles only. Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Kilcormac Killoughy to win the Offaly hurling championship sunday are 4/6 flat and 10/11 -1. A solid team if they play to their potential they will win easily

Kilcormac Killoughy to win the Offaly hurling championship sunday are 4/6 flat and 10/11 -1. A solid team if they play to their potential they will win easily

Why's the price not shorter? They not hurling aswel this year?

Was surprised when I saw 4/6. Was sure they would have been 4/9 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Why's the price not shorter? They not hurling aswel this year?

Was surprised when I saw 4/6. Was sure they would have been 4/9 or so.

They havent really got out of third gear in their matches this year, so an argument could be made that they wont perform on sunday as well. I just feel with their experience and levels of fitness they will rise to the occasion and win. I also don't think Banagher have anyone to silence Dan Currams, a notorious goal scorer. He has scored 6 goals in 7 matches this year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I'd agree with you there, they should have too much scoring power for Banagher. I heard one of the Geraghtys is out injured but I'll still take on the -1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Castlebar are evens to win the mayo final on Sunday. They should possibly have won the club all ireland last year and are going well again this year. They're playing Ballintubber who are also evens. Should be a good game. Castlebar have beaten them already this year by a goal and while Ballintubber have a lethal forward line (scoring 9 goals in the semi) Castlebar have a more balanced team with a better defence, and given current weather conditions I expect defences to dominate.

Castlebar Mitchels @ Evens.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

On it with Kilcormac bet, hope you guys are all enjoying the heat of the battle in the club season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Castlebar are evens to win the mayo final on Sunday. They should possibly have won the club all ireland last year and are going well again this year. They're playing Ballintubber who are also evens. Should be a good game. Castlebar have beaten them already this year by a goal and while Ballintubber have a lethal forward line (scoring 9 goals in the semi) Castlebar have a more balanced team with a better defence, and given current weather conditions I expect defences to dominate.

Castlebar Mitchels @ Evens.

Thinking the same their defence should give them the sharper edge,should be a corker of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Kerry Intermediate Football Final tomorrow @ 2 in Killarney, Spa v Ardfert - Although predicting a winner here comes with a severe health warning, the main reason i'm looking at this is that Boyles have Spa @ 5/6 to win. Ardfert lost their top scorer in the semi to a straight red in the last min:eek: (appeal failed on Thursday eve), he has scored a total of 1-14 out of 3-33 and scored 7 points in the semi final win against Castleisland (1-12 to 0-10) -this is a massive loss for the Ardfert men as he is also the focal point of the attack. Add to this is that second top foward John Egan was called up to play shinty for Ireland (game on today) and although I here he's coming back for the game in the morning (flying back from Scotland) he can't be at 100% and with the weather conditions its a lottery as to whether he will make it on time. Spa had a great win in the semi's v Glenflesk 4-13 to 0-13 and have a young / fast team scoring 6-57 in 4 games and are also missing their top scorer Ml O Donoghue (0-19 pts scored). I fully expect a dire game (conditions will be crap & Ardfert are a tough, physical team) with Ardfert trying to keep the score down and hit them on the break a scoreline of 0-7 to 0-6 would not suprise me but with Spa's practically home advantage, better scoring spread and Ardfert possibly missing their top two fowards, Spa @ 5/6 is deff worth a go

• Advertisement

Powers run for their life's when you try to get a decent size bet on any club game.

Prices were cut to **** in a matter of minutes in some of the Tipp club games after there were posted the other day.

No value really now to point out to ye as the ones below have been cut.

Intermediate games :

Sarsfields 4/6 into 8/15
    Clonakenny 4/7 into 4/9
    St Marys 4/7 into 4/11

And for some reason they won't let you even do that above treble, doubles only. Waste of time.

All three above won, Sars and Clonakenny won easily, St Mary's had to battle hard but got there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Radonman wrote: »
    Kerry Intermediate Football Final tomorrow @ 2 in Killarney, Spa v Ardfert - Although predicting a winner here comes with a severe health warning, the main reason i'm looking at this is that Boyles have Spa @ 5/6 to win. Ardfert lost their top scorer in the semi to a straight red in the last min:eek: (appeal failed on Thursday eve), he has scored a total of 1-14 out of 3-33 and scored 7 points in the semi final win against Castleisland (1-12 to 0-10) -this is a massive loss for the Ardfert men as he is also the focal point of the attack. Add to this is that second top foward John Egan was called up to play shinty for Ireland (game on today) and although I here he's coming back for the game in the morning (flying back from Scotland) he can't be at 100% and with the weather conditions its a lottery as to whether he will make it on time. Spa had a great win in the semi's v Glenflesk 4-13 to 0-13 and have a young / fast team scoring 6-57 in 4 games and are also missing their top scorer Ml O Donoghue (0-19 pts scored). I fully expect a dire game (conditions will be crap & Ardfert are a tough, physical team) with Ardfert trying to keep the score down and hit them on the break a scoreline of 0-7 to 0-6 would not suprise me but with Spa's practically home advantage, better scoring spread and Ardfert possibly missing their top two fowards, Spa @ 5/6 is deff worth a go

I'm be waiting to see what the weather conditions are like before throw-in.

As long as it's not completely atrocious I'd definitely be agreeing that Spa at 5/6 do look to be of value.

If Spa come through this and Mike Stam Donoghue is back, I'd definitely have them as serious contenders for the all-ireland club final - fair few lads who have been involved with the Kerry juniors/minors.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I'm be waiting to see what the weather conditions are like before throw-in.

As long as it's not completely atrocious I'd definitely be agreeing that Spa at 5/6 do look to be of value.

If Spa come through this and Mike Stam Donoghue is back, I'd definitely have them as serious contenders for the all-ireland club final - fair few lads who have been involved with the Kerry juniors/minors.
    Ardfert won by 5, 1-12 to 10. I had RK on for a bit and Weeshie was complaining about the sun. 20 minutes away here and it was bucketing down

Carbery off to a flying start in Cork, up 5 to nothing. Was evens for both Ballincollig and Carbery on PP before the game

Cillian O'Connor anytime goal wasn't bad at 13/5 on PP, took 8 minutes to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Anyone have an idea how kilcormac are doing? Any websites I can check the scores?

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea how kilcormac are doing? Any websites I can check the scores?

They lead 1-9 to 1-7 at half time and will have a strong breeze in 2nd half

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CriticEyes wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Offaly_GAA

Up 10 points after 53 mins. Looks like they have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    marno21 wrote: »
    Ardfert won by 5, 1-12 to 10. I had RK on for a bit and Weeshie was complaining about the sun. 20 minutes away here and it was bucketing down

Carbery off to a flying start in Cork, up 5 to nothing. Was evens for both Ballincollig and Carbery on PP before the game

Cillian O'Connor anytime goal wasn't bad at 13/5 on PP, took 8 minutes to come in

Not really the full story there was 0-9 each at full time, Ardfert won in extra time - Spa led at half time 7 to 4 and missed two glorious goal chances, one was two on one situation and the Spa lad took the shot where if he just laid it off it would have been a definite goal but overall Ardfert came back well to get the draw and were well deserved winners in the end - sorry to anyone who followed that tip :(

Oh and John Egan played with Ireland in shinty yesterday in Scotland and got back in time for this....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Having been 0-0 v0-06 down early in the first half Ballincollig beat Carvery Rangers 1-13 v 1-10. Delighted for them, first time winners and a very fit team!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Having been 0-0 v0-06 down early in the first half Ballincollig beat Carvery Rangers 1-13 v 1-10. Delighted for them, first time winners and a very fit team!

Thanks for the advice re that game. I was close to having a serious shot on rangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

My bet is over after Na Piarsaigh let me down today.
    At the top I had Cratloe, but you can't really see it.

My 1.38 bet would've returned over 1,500 if it came through, which I thought it had a pretty good shot of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement