Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anyone notice PP offer odds on big club games about who will lead at HT and don't adjust or take these down when it emerges before throw in who will play with the wind, also inplay odds offered don't quite seem to take account of wind advantage, for instance the Kilmormac Kiloughley game it was 6-5 on KK to win by more than 4 at HT when they were already up by 2 and going to play with a strong wind advantage in the 2nd half.

Its something to keep in mind on very windy days. I'd be looking on Twitter to find out who would be playing with the wind and then straight over to my PP account. It worked well with KK yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

James McCarthy rightly got his all star in the end. Good on you if you kept the faith when he drifted out to 5/1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Rower-Inistioge @ 9/5 is too big of a price to pass up in the Kilkenny Senior Championship. Carrickshock have too much of a tail on their team and I can't see the Power brothers pulling them through yet again tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Anyone have opinion on Vincents game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Depends how the two brogans play it. Id like to see plunkets do it.... debating to go with a draw tho as they are both quite on par

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

any way of watching it on tv or otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dgl1992

St. Eunans from Donegal take on the Fermanagh champions Roslea on Sunday. Its in letterkenny on Eunans home pitch. They are short priced at 4/11.

I think the value bet is Eunans -3 at 6/5 with Paddy Power.

Eunans have serious scoring threats all over the field and i think they will cope well with a Roslea team very much dependent on the Quigley boys to get scores. Also rumours are that Sean Quigley is out injured.

Eunans only won the Donegal championship last Sunday but they stopped the boozing on Monday. They mean to give Ulster a right go this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I think Cratloe are way too high at 7/4 against Thurles on Sunday, I'd view this as a 50/50 game and maybe give Cratloe the edge with home advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I think Cratloe are way too high at 7/4 against Thurles on Sunday, I'd view this as a 50/50 game and maybe give Cratloe the edge with home advantage.

Don't agree, Thurles will win and although they are very up and down I don't think 5/1 is a bad price on them winning the all Ireland given they are the best team in Munster and whoever does win Munster will hammer Portaferry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Thurles played some stuff last Sunday and their movement and passing was a joy to watch. Ronan Maher marked Noel McGrath out of the game and Sarsfields have the backs to do the same again to Cratloe, Paudie Maher and Cahill can do a job on anyone.

If Thurles show up in the same form, they should have too much for Cratloe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

shmeee wrote: »
    Thurles played some stuff last Sunday and their movement and passing was a joy to watch. Ronan Maher marked Noel McGrath out of the game and Sarsfields have the backs to do the same again to Cratloe, Paudie Maher and Cahill can do a job on anyone.

If Thurles show up in the same form, they should have too much for Cratloe.

I was actually impressed by Cratloe last week. Especially when Ballygunner came back at them in the second half, they showed good resolve. Think they are a bit of value at 7/4, might even get 2/1 on the day.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I was actually impressed by Cratloe last week. Especially when Ballygunner came back at them in the second half, they showed good resolve. Think they are a bit of value at 7/4, might even get 2/1 on the day.

They bet 14 men, the sending off happened at a time when Ballygunner were well in control and to be honest with the exception really of Paudie Mahony and SOK (goalkeeper) there are no standout inter county players on that team.

Thurles on paper are in the top 2 or 3 county teams in the Country, and though they often fail to deliver in that they look quite impressive from the passages Ive seen and are putting up huge scores. And they will definitely have the physicality for Cratloe which was found wanting for quite a bit of that second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

In leinster jfc, Daingean away to Ballon in Carlow even at 8/13 is a steal. Add it to any accumulator. Was on to Paddy powers about handicaps, but won't give any for now "of course"!
    Ballon are a poor side, will be well beaten in this one.

Stevecw wrote: »
    In leinster jfc, Daingean away to Ballon in Carlow even at 8/13 is a steal. Add it to any accumulator. Was on to Paddy powers about handicaps, but won't give any for now "of course"!

4/5 with Boyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Any thoughts on Ballintubber v Brigids tomorrow??

Cratloe 4 points up and a man up against the wind. Looking very good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dgl1992

Eunans leading by 1.05 to no score at half time. They have snuffed the Quigley boys out.

Game over barring a miracle.

Cratloe 4 points up and a man up against the wind. Looking very good for them.

Game was ruined after 10 seconds with Denis maher getting a dubious red card after winning the ball at the throw in.

shmeee wrote: »
    Game was ruined after 10 seconds with Denis maher getting a dubious red card after winning the ball at the throw in.

Fairplay Rasputin on the call, a red card is definitely hard to combat but sounded like Thurles were soundly second best all the same. Cratloe definitely getting their fairshare of luck, though maybe this red card was justified.

Was sure they wouldn't win after struggling to beat BG. Looks like that will be the leg that lets me down in a 4-fold :(

Stevecw wrote: »

Ballon 3-10 Daingean 0-10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Don't agree, Thurles will win and although they are very up and down I don't think 5/1 is a bad price on them winning the all Ireland given they are the best team in Munster and whoever does win Munster will hammer Portaferry.

The red card killed off Thurles, it looked harsh on TG4 last night I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Ballintubber 9/4 in castlebar against Corofin. Missing something bout this???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ballintubber 9/4 in castlebar against Corofin. Missing something bout this???

The odds for this and for Ballincollig v Austin Stacks at 9/4 look like misprices to me .

Definitely think there's no way they are both 9/4 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Clontibret Even money is a licence to go mad...

Friend of a friend is from slaughtnneil and says they won't win. Take that what you may

Friend of a friend is from slaughtnneil and says they won't win. Take that what you may

What time is that match? Powers say 2 and bet365 say 2.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

At this stage of the champo that is quite the statement. Any idea what Clon are like?

Half 2 throw in shmeee

I don't see anybody getting hammered at this stage of the year. The weather and pitches are in such a state that if you are anyway tactically astute you should be able to keep scores well down.

Just on the Munster games, I'd give Cratloe the nod just about on account of the strength of their forwards but The Nire are not a 2/1 shot for this game. The gaa.ie saying a potential Nire win "would be a massive shock" is ludicrous. Clare and Waterford teams have met 3 times since 2009, 2-1 to Clare on account of last year but there has never been more than 3 in it. Going back to 2005 Stradbally drew with Kilmurry before losing the replay by a point. In 2006, they Nire lost by a goal to Crokes and Ballinacourty made the final in 2007. The Nire didn't get a chance to compete in 2008 because of the all-Ireland final delaying the championship.

Point is the Munster club championship is notoriously competitive even if the record outside of Munster is poor enough in recent years. The Nire scored an impressive win against Ballylanders and have home advantage, combined with the dual factor and Id be very surprised if this isn't a close game.

The other game, and it's a case of can Ballincollig limit Donaghys impact? The fact that Stacks have had more match practice, with Ballincollig waiting about 4 weeks for a game I think, and that it was their first ever win in Cork would make Stacks justifiable favourites. But again, really can't see the Cork side are 9/4 outsiders. It's not a Gooch led Crokes they're playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ht

HTHalf TimeUlster Club SFC
    Clontibret O'Neills v Slaughtneil
    0-03 0-05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Slaughtneil 1-9 Clontibret 0-7

The old ''friend of a friend'' system not firing today. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Didn't put a bet on, not because of the tip per say but ' licence to go mad'..... Printing money.....lump ...free money....etc....all the phrases that should be banned in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement