Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

london are 6/1 with pp to beat offaly in ruislip whon are seemingly without niall mcnamee and anton sullivan. none of the darbys named in first 15 either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Like the look of the Dublin team. Cork have a keeper who can't kick the ball well, a defence with a few players in the wrong position, a midfield that will not win enough ball for the forwards to do what some of them do very well.
    Add to that Cork have an absolute clueless manager and we look like we are going to struggle this year.

I'm on Dublin win 10/11 , -2 17/10 and a bit on -4 3/1

Delighted the season is upon us!
    Good luck all!!

Cork by 2 - not the best start to the year, I'll still be backing against Cork in their away games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Kildare busted a big priced 6 fold for me earlier. 1/40 with 2 mins to play and 3 up, concede 2-1 in 90 seconds and loose by 4. Mental stuff.

Mary I are value @ 3/1 with bet365 today.

11/4 into 2/1 with powers.

Good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

shmeee wrote: »

Good chance.

Literally just came here to post this. I'm in the college, and the team is extremely strong. Heard from one of the players that one of WIT best players(can't think of his name) is out. They were 3/1 yesterday on PP, got them at that.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Literally just came here to post this. I'm in the college, and the team is extremely strong. Heard from one of the players that one of WIT best players(can't think of his name) is out. They were 3/1 yesterday on PP, got them at that.

WIT missing 2 from word about. Tom Fox and Austin Gleeson out.

Mary I strong team and well known names, Mahers, Meaghers, Hannons.

Still 3/1 with bet 365. Powers now 7/4. They are being supported by a few so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 sizing europe

buyer95 wrote: »

WIT will win that . no question about it lads, dont waste your money backing mary I trust me

WIT will win that . no question about it lads, dont waste your money backing mary I trust me

WIT must be a massive price so @ 8/15 for you if they were 3/10 2 hours ago.

Wheelbarrow

WIT must be a massive price so @ 8/15 for you if they were 3/10 2 hours ago.

Wheelbarrow

I dont back at negative odds as a principal, so regardless it dosnt interest me. WIT will win

Mary I 8 up already!

• Advertisement

Looks like Im gonna have to eat my words, Il gladly do so not a bother fairplay to ye if ye were on at 3/1 lovely price. Admittledly I knew very little about Mary I team , who have they got this year on their team?? they were ****e last year!

WIT team I am aware is fairly strong

Just thought this looks a bit odd to me just now.... On paddy power live betting, UL are just 1 point up on gmit and are 1/200 to win. gmit are 19/1 and 10/11 plus 9 which looks massive.... game started at 2 so should be early second half now, il be having a punt on the handicap anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Just thought this looks a bit odd to me just now.... On paddy power live betting, UL are just 1 point up on gmit and are 1/200 to win. gmit are 19/1 and 10/11 plus 9 which looks massive.... game started at 2 so should be early second half now, il be having a punt on the handicap anyway

I wouldnt think betting is your strong point!!
    stick to the monopoly

Good chance.

Full time

Mary I win by 15 points.

2-19 to 0-10

Nice little gamble landed on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Mary I have Seamus Kennedy, Declan Hannon, Niall O Meara and a few besides. Not a bad team, made the Fitzgibbon final two years ago. That win today will seem them in a semi final now presuming they don't slip up v Carlow.

Mary I have Seamus Kennedy, Declan Hannon, Niall O Meara and a few besides. Not a bad team, made the Fitzgibbon final two years ago. That win today will seem them in a semi final now presuming they don't slip up v Carlow.

Ronan Maher (Paudies Brother) And John Meagher also with Tipp Seniors. And then Stephen Cahill also.

Nice team and when told WIT missing few maybe the price was big value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ronan Maher (Paudies Brother) And John Meagher also with Tipp Seniors. And then Stephen Cahill also.

Nice team and when told WIT missing few maybe the price was big value.

Yeah good team, would never have seen them winning by 15 but 3/1 was a very nice price. Well spotted,Shmee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

And we win by 15, great display from the team, some fantastic long range score from the I. Wouldn't single out anyone specifically for praise, just a great team performance. Easy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anyone fancy Donegal this weekend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Was at Meath and galway last weekend Meath looked average at best would fancy Kildare against them who although caught on the line by down played some good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Just been looking at some odds on the All-Stars on Paddypower out of boredom and while it's very very early days and a looooooong way off, one that jumped out to me was Rory Beggan at 12/1 for the keeper spot.

Cluxton is the overwhelming favourite here at 5/6, with Kelly from Kerry next at 9/2.

Monaghan are on the easier side of the Ulster draw - first game is against Cavan and then they play the winners of Fermanagh v Antrim for a place in the Ulster final. Even if they lose the Ulster final, they will go into Round 4 of the qualifiers. Basically the odds of Monaghan being involved in the serious business of the championship looks pretty decent at this stage and this is a vital factor when it comes to assessing All-Star Winners.

Basically I think that unless Dublin win Sam, Cluxton won't get the nod again and even then it's not a guarantee that Cluxton will win (all though it is very likely) given how many he has already picked up - he has won it 5 times at this stage - 2002, 2006, 2007, 2011 and 2013.

If Monaghan do have a good year it's not hard to see Beggan being a key factor in it and he's capable of pulling off memorable saves which can be key when it comes to the All-Stars.

Overall I think there is the potential for value at 12/1 - the fact that the bookies have Ken O'Halloran from Cork at 12/1 as well leads me to believe that whoever priced this up has very little clue what they are at in terms of judging GAA footballers. I wouldnt be recommending any sort of sizeable stakes but as an interest and at this time of year I reckon it could be a possible - Also with keeper there tends to be a much smaller amount of serious competition compared to other areas on the pitch with the All-Stars - there is only a very limited pool of contenders for the All-Star keeper spot and there definitely isnt enough of a talent/ability gap between Cluxton to be at 5/6 and Beggan at 12/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,173 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Slattsy wrote: »
    Anyone fancy Donegal this weekend??

Kildare, Roscommon, Cavan and the Dubs for an accum tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Might just back Donegal, dont think we take the league that serious and 9/4 is too big imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Armagh and tipp short price diuble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Galway over Westmeath at 8/11 main one for me today, think there a step ahead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fancy Monaghan at home to have too much for Cork.
    Mayo looked very sharp v Kerry once they got going and Tyrone looked average at best.
    Gakway also look to have started well but they can be like a see-saw to be fair!

Monaghan -1 6/5 (main bet)
    Mayo -2 evens
    Galway -1 evens tenner treble returns 88.
    Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

I've gone for

Monaghan 4/5
    Galway/Galway ht/ft 7/4
    Kerry -1 5/4

14 returns 155

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Mayo playing awful have them backed -2.

Shanee. wrote: »
    Mayo playing awful have them backed -2.

Tyrone defending in numbers but Mayos kicking is brutal !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Tyrone defending in numbers but Mayos kicking is brutal !

Cant see Tyrone being able to keep it up for the whole game. Mayo need to change things around at HT. All other bets are coming in so heres hoping for a Mayo turnaround!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement