Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

Ribena74 wrote: »
    I've gone for

Monaghan 4/5
    Galway/Galway ht/ft 7/4
    Kerry -1 5/4

14 returns 155

galway drawing at halftime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

And galway were 7 points up at one stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

spurshero wrote: »
    And galway were 7 points up at one stage .

missed a free last kick of the half too, disaster!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Fancy Monaghan at home to have too much for Cork.
    Mayo looked very sharp v Kerry once they got going and Tyrone looked average at best.
    Gakway also look to have started well but they can be like a see-saw to be fair!

Monaghan -1 6/5 (main bet)
    Mayo -2 evens
    Galway -1 evens tenner treble returns 88.
    Good luck all!

Cork - O'Neill in particular - had a good day.
    Mayo.....dear God but they were unrecognisable from the Kerry game.
    Galway only snuck over the line.

Not a winner insight! Next week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,155 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kildare, Roscommon, Cavan and the Dubs for an accum tonight.

Feck off Kildare. Always let me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Cork by 2 - not the best start to the year, I'll still be backing against Cork in their away games.

Not started too good for you... Have faith Cork always strong in League

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

keano25 wrote: »
    Not started too good for you... Have faith Cork always strong in League

2 individual performances got us just over the line both times, today in particular. That said another win and we could be well in the way to avoiding relegation - tough games for Cork coming up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Cork have a lot more to come, still got the two wins even tho a lot of the team under preformed.

I'm no fan of Cuthbert but Cork will do well in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

UCD 9/4 v CIT today is quite big. Have looked average enough so far, thing UCD have a strong team. Not one to buy too much into home advantage.

Also, UL will be out to win today so the factor of UCC needing to win is being overestimated. They needed to win last week and lost to a poor team. 7/4 UL is big also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

UCD 9/4 v CIT today is quite big. Have looked average enough so far, thing UCD have a strong team. Not one to buy too much into home advantage.

Also, UL will be out to win today so the factor of UCC needing to win is being overestimated. They needed to win last week and lost to a poor team. 7/4 UL is big also.

UL 5 up at ht, I heard Bubbles went off early for Tipp in a challenge game on Sunday so he'll hardly be risked today. The 9/4 looks a bit on the high side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

What's people s opinion on Corofin and Vincent's tomo ? Hard to call . Has the makings of a classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Straight double of Limerick and Tipp this weekend for me, pays just over 6/4. 2.60 with Boyles.

Cork taking all the cash against KK after Cody coming out saying about all the changes and players he is missing. Cork as low as 4/9 now in places. Still unsure and is one I was gonna throw in but with KK you just never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Expect goals in corofin Vincent's game and over 1.5 goals n Boyles at 4/7 doubled with bennetsbridge in the junior hurling 2moro pays over 5/4. 15/8 over 2.5 with Boyles worth a few quid also

Two bets for interest in tonights game. Cork have a very strong team out and I like the look of the full toward line, they know how to find the back of the net.

Cork to score 2 or mores goals 11/10 and 3 or more 11/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Are KK simply too big at 12/5?? Im tempted to say the least.

Two bets for interest in tonights game. Cork have a very strong team out and I like the look of the full toward line, they know how to find the back of the net.

Cork to score 2 or mores goals 11/10 and 3 or more 11/4

We scored 2 late goals and were blessed to do so, but I'll take it.

shmeee wrote: »
    Straight double of Limerick and Tipp this weekend for me, pays just over 6/4. 2.60 with Boyles.

Cork taking all the cash against KK after Cody coming out saying about all the changes and players he is missing. Cork as low as 4/9 now in places. Still unsure and is one I was gonna throw in but with KK you just never know!

Limerick really annoyed me tonight now, got right back into the game after their poor start but yet handed Waterford a draw at the end then and to make it worse the Paddy Power App kept crashing when I went to lay a few quid off on Waterford +2/+3 near the end.

Avoided the Cork game as said, and KK were massive value in the end, even in play they were a great price when went ahead early on.

Now to go again tomorrow. Will see what I fancy in morning to get it back hopefully.

Limerick really annoyed me tonight now, got right back into the game after their poor start but yet handed Waterford a draw at the end then and to make it worse the Paddy Power App kept crashing when I went to lay a few quid off on Waterford +2/+3 near the end.

Avoided the Cork game as said, and KK were massive value in the end, even in play they were a great price when went ahead early on.

Now to go again tomorrow. Will see what I fancy in morning to get it back hopefully.

Limerick were lucky to draw

Tipp over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 seems alright. Will make a multiple with it in for sure.

Galway with an inexperienced look to their side today, missing Joe Canning, David Burke, Niall Burke, Daithi Burke and Conor Cooney.

More settled look about Clare, and the likes of Bobby Duggan and Tony Kelly have been in fantastic form recently with the college. Think Clare will win, going -1 at 11/10.

• Advertisement

Tipp over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 seems alright. Will make a multiple with it in for sure.

This is an awful display from Tipp. So far off the pace and just can't score. Dreadful stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 sizing europe

This is an awful display from Tipp. So far off the pace and just can't score. Dreadful stuff

disgraceful performance from tipp. And they wonder why they get so much criticism from the media!! Seamie callanan was an absolute disgrace on the field of play did not try an inch and expected every ball to be placed directly into his hand and not have to work for it. the no 4 joe o dwyer i think, useless altogether not up to it! only for john bubbles o dwyer to be fair to him he tried hard they would of been embarrased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Offaly on the hcap against Wx the best bet for wkend

Galway at 2/1 to beat Tipp for me. Tipp have clearly shown they don't care about the early rounds in the league the last couple of years. They were lucky it was a poor Waterford side they met last year in the opening game last year, is if it had been the one that played last weekend they would have been in a relegation final.

Eamon O Shea even said as much, they only took it seriously at the end as it was drawing nearer championship time. They were a side that clearly hasn't done much hurling so far this year last weekend, and sounds like the case with a focus on the physical side right now.

Galway by contrast had a great late win the last day and will have the confidence up. Bet a misfiring Tipp last year, I think they're in with a good shout at repeating the dose and are a ridiculous price.

Galway 2/1 (Bet 365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Galway at 2/1 to beat Tipp for me. Tipp have clearly shown they don't care about the early rounds in the league the last couple of years. They were lucky it was a poor Waterford side they met last year in the opening game last year, is if it had been the one that played last weekend they would have been in a relegation final.

Eamon O Shea even said as much, they only took it seriously at the end as it was drawing nearer championship time. They were a side that clearly hasn't done much hurling so far this year last weekend, and sounds like the case with a focus on the physical side right now.

Galway by contrast had a great late win the last day and will have the confidence up. Bet a misfiring Tipp last year, I think they're in with a good shout at repeating the dose and are a ridiculous price.

Galway 2/1 (Bet 365)

I'm not too sure about that one - Tipp will be hurting after their last day out and will be out to prove the critics wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I see Dublin at 12/5 down in Nowlan Park as being decent value. Should be 6/4 maybe 7/4 in my opinion. Dublin are flying it and I think Kilkenny may have been flattered by a woeful Cork performance last weekend.
    If not the outright win, then plus 3 at 6/5 is a decent bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

UCD to beat DCU in sigerson today looks good to me.
    Offaly and limerick on the handicaps also looks decent

cocoman wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about that one - Tipp will be hurting after their last day out and will be out to prove the critics wrong.

They can hurt away, poor reason to favour them. They were hurting plenty when got hammered by Clare, lost to Galway, threw it away v Kilkenny and only barely got over Dublin.

Galway have the Walsh Cup under their belts as well, Tipp haven't played the same number of games and really aren't that bothered. They may win, but the price doesn't reflect their chances in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tipp were awful last week and rightly should have lost by more. They weren't remotely fit or interested.
    It's a decent bet on that performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

UCD 5/1 for sigerson worth a shout imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement