Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Just doing a small bet today.

€25 on over 1.5 goals in Donegal/ Derry and Ros/ Mayo games

Pays out €81 with pp. It's very blustery in Clones today also so i'd be wary anybody betting on a high scoring game there. Think Mayo will win by 3 and Derry/ Donegal a draw or 1pt win either way so not touching it.

I would have went unders in total points for Donegal/ Derry (28.5). Think it will come in but a bit short at 4/6

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

mixed up wrote: »
    The carlow senior football championship starts this weekend i think naomh eoin a a great bet to beat fenagh.The betting on paddy power is even money for bothteams with the draw 13/2.Naomh eoin have some very good young players on there team having won last years minor and under 21 championships as well as winning the intermediate championship.These teams met in the league earlier on this year with naomh eoin winning by 4 points.I'm having a big bet on naomh eoin at evens good luck if you follow.

Paddy power are now 8/11 for naomh eoin to win but you can still get evens in boylesports which really is to big of a price.I hope some of you guys follow me on this as i follow the football in carlow and it's a poor fenagh team who were in a relegation battle in last championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Weather awfull for the Roscommon mayo game - all over in running under 25.5 pts @ 5/6 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

No card index on paddy power for the ulster final? Or am i blind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

donegal v derry awful ref should have sent player off for elbow and the donegal player for the punch afterwards in the brawl... tv3 coverage dreadful really bad i dont know how matt cooper is presenting it he doesnt have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Paddy power are now 8/11 for naomh eoin to win but you can still get evens in boylesports which really is to big of a price.I hope some of you guys follow me on this as i follow the football in carlow and it's a poor fenagh team who were in a relegation battle in last championship.

Any news on this result?

Plus PP still not settled my Henelly under 1.5 points bet (cheers Sir Vival) - why so slow!!

Radonman wrote: »
    Any news on this result?

Hi radonman i'm just back from the game it end fenagh 3-11 naomh eoin 2-10 sorry about the bet losing :( The match was level with 3 minutes to go.Naomh eoin were missing 3 players from there usual team the full back,corner back and a midfielder wish i had known that before i placed my bet and gave this tip :mad:I hope you didn't lose to much on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

T2daK wrote: »
    Did....

kildare -2
    longford town
    limerick
    down

sound man. had 20 on it. keep em coming. owe u a few scoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi radonman i'm just back from the game it end fenagh 3-11 naomh eoin 2-10 sorry about the bet losing :( The match was level with 3 minutes to go.Naomh eoin were missing 3 players from there usual team the full back,corner back and a midfielder wish i had known that before i placed my bet and gave this tip :mad:I hope you didn't lose to much on it.

In fairness, you really ought to at least know the team news before encouraging people to follow you on a bet.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    In fairness, you really ought to at least know the team news before encouraging people to follow you on a bet.

I understand your point but it's club football nobody will know the team before the match unless they are selectors.There not going to announce the team on the rte news.

I understand your point but it's club football nobody will know the team before the match unless they are selectors.There not going to announce the team on the rte news.

I don't mean to be hard on you, I'm sure you gave the tip in good faith, but if you don't know the team news you have no business advising people on club games IMO.

If I give a tip for a club game it would be on the basis of having spoken to people close to the club to check on form/injuries at the very least, otherwise what are you even basing a tip on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

makes you think boyles knew something or someone in local football knew they were going to miss the 3 players

jjll wrote: »
    makes you think boyles knew something or someone in local football knew they were going to miss the 3 players

I would have thought the caveat of "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" would have been enough of a red flag in this situation, i.e. yes I imagine Boyles almost certainly did know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 peter redmond

anyone have any thoughts on the GAA football qualifiers and hurling matches,or is it a bit straight forward- does anyone reckon that waterford will give galway a right good go after the hammering they took from tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ALTESSE12

anyone have any thoughts on the GAA football qualifiers and hurling matches,or is it a bit straight forward- does anyone reckon that waterford will give galway a right good go after the hammering they took from tipp?
    Galway -4
    Dublin -2

I would say 4/9 will be the prices for the 4 qualifiers and I cant see any of Cork, Wexford, Kildare or Tyrone losing.

So maybe an accum on the 4 and Dublin & Galway hurlers straight 8/1

• Advertisement

ALTESSE12 wrote: »
    Galway -4
    Dublin -2

I would say 4/9 will be the prices for the 4 qualifiers and I cant see any of Cork, Wexford, Kildare or Tyrone losing.

That could be very risky, dont you think.

what do you mean when you say -4 and -2.?

minus 4 points

minus 4 points

could you be so kind to just clarify, are you suggesting that galway will win by 4 points?

could you be so kind to just clarify, are you suggesting that galway will win by 4 points?

5 points.

5 points.

some how I am not convinced, the football could be more accurately determined or am i mistaken.

Hurling I think waterford will go hell for leather, after the tipp match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Galway -4
    Dublin -2

I'd be wary of Dublin. Limerick wont be afraid of them and they have a very astute manager in O'Grady. Dublin got a hammering against KK whereas Limerick should really have beaten Waterford. Agree with the other 5 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't really know a lot about GAA but what does this look like Dublin, Wexford, Cork all -1 and Kildare -2.

Tempted to stay away from Waterford and Galway as there could be a backlash from Waterford. Also Tyrone are against an unpredictable Armagh side.

Looking to make up a bit of a League of Ireland/GAA accum for the weekend.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Don't really know a lot about GAA but what does this look like Dublin, Wexford, Cork all -1 and Kildare -2.

Tempted to stay away from Waterford and Galway as there could be a backlash from Waterford. Also Tyrone are against an unpredictable Armagh side.

Looking to make up a bit of a League of Ireland/GAA accum for the weekend.:D

I think Wexford should be too strong for Limerick but you never know in GAA championship. Limerick beat Wexford in the league although the league form counts for little come championship time and Limerick had Galvin playing too. Limerick beat Offaly in a knockout game in the qualifiers (In Limerick) by about 6 or 7 points but game was in the balance for a long way. Wexford beat Offaly well in Leinster but Offaly missed a few goal chances in that game. I don't think the Limerick backs will be able to get a grip on the Wexford forwards though. I reckon it will be a high scoring game.

I reckon Cork will take Down by about 4 or 5 points. I don't particularly rate Down at all. Kildare will win by 4 or more I reckon. Tough ask for Derry and Kildare beat Derry well up in Celtic park last year. Limerick hurlers won't fear Dublin but I think they will be too physical and strong for Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers, so in your opinion what bets would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Waterford +5 at 4/5 against Galway looks good imo. I think in the last 2 meetings in the AI ('06 and '09) and they drew in the league this year. As long as the full back line holds up (which it should) then Waterford might win or at least keep it within 5. Galway are the most overrated hurling team in the country by a mile and continue to fail to deliver.

Waterford can be gotten at 75 on betfair for the all ireland and 66 on Paddy Power, the general consensus is that they are a poor team due to one poor outing in Cork. They don't have a chance in the All Ireland but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they beat Galway again, 11/4 looks a good bet. People quickly forget that Waterford won Munster last year and the year before that (beating Cork and Tipp respectively).

Whether I'll have a bet or not I don't know but I won't be touching Galway -5, but time will tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

jive wrote: »
    Waterford +5 at 4/5 against Galway looks good imo. I think in the last 2 meetings in the AI ('06 and '09) and they drew in the league this year. As long as the full back line holds up (which it should) then Waterford might win or at least keep it within 5. Galway are the most overrated hurling team in the country by a mile and continue to fail to deliver.

Waterford can be gotten at 75 on betfair for the all ireland and 66 on Paddy Power, the general consensus is that they are a poor team due to one poor outing in Cork. They don't have a chance in the All Ireland but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they beat Galway again, 11/4 looks a good bet. People quickly forget that Waterford won Munster last year and the year before that (beating Cork and Tipp respectively).

Whether I'll have a bet or not I don't know but I won't be touching Galway -5, but time will tell!

the full back line got tore apart by limerick once limerick started to run at them..galway will also expose this weakness..as a waterford man i dont think we've a hope.

the munster final win of last year matters not a jot..alot of new players in this year..you can only bet on current form imo jive.

I totally agree if Limerick full forwrds can destroy them Galway will go close to doing what Tipp did. I see at least 4 goals for Galway

I totally agree if Limerick full forwrds can destroy them Galway will go close to doing what Tipp did. I see at least 4 goals for Galway

Is it the same backline that played against limerick and tipp?

the full back line got tore apart by limerick once limerick started to run at them..galway will also expose this weakness..as a waterford man i dont think we've a hope.

the munster final win of last year matters not a jot..alot of new players in this year..you can only bet on current form imo jive.

Not really. Watching that match it was the tall 19 year old forward for Limerick who did the damage but then Brick Walshe was put on him and that was the end of that chapter. It wouldn't surprise me to see something similar with Canning. Waterford will get bet around the park against Kilkenny should they win, Galway aren't the same class as Kilkenny/Tipp. Also Waterfords full back line isn't that bad (it is bad), Connors won an all star last year. Tipp were just too hot to handle up front and Waterford were a shambles at the back, it was the perfect storm but there won't be a repeat imo.

Munster final win last year doesn't mean much but it hows they are a capable team and just because there are new players doesn't mean much either. They haven't lost too many people (Ken McGrath only one who springs to mind) as far as I know. Well based on their league form they did well (drew against Galway I think) and also got past Limerick playing poorly. Tipp are a different class and it showed, that wouldn't happen if they were to play Tipp again though as it was a bit of a one-off (they would still be beaten well though imo).

Not really. Watching that match it was the tall 19 year old forward for Limerick who did the damage but then Brick Walshe was put on him and that was the end of that chapter. It wouldn't surprise me to see something similar with Canning. Waterford will get bet around the park against Kilkenny should they win, Galway aren't the same class as Kilkenny/Tipp. Also Waterfords full back line isn't that bad (it is bad), Connors won an all star last year. Tipp were just too hot to handle up front and Waterford were a shambles at the back, it was the perfect storm but there won't be a repeat imo.

Munster final win last year doesn't mean much but it hows they are a capable team and just because there are new players doesn't mean much either. They haven't lost too many people (Ken McGrath only one who springs to mind) as far as I know. Well based on their league form they did well (drew against Galway I think) and also got past Limerick playing poorly. Tipp are a different class and it showed, that wouldn't happen if they were to play Tipp again though as it was a bit of a one-off (they would still be beaten well though imo).

am a wee bit cagey for galway, imo waterford backlash will occur, surely it cant get that bad again for waterford, plus the media will favour galway.
    no one will give waterford a chance.

is it true that tipp lost last year in some similar circumstances and went on to win the championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Big treble on Wexford, Cork and Kildare to win. Pays 1.73 to 1 with Bet365 (nearly 7-4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

If you look at current form. We're gonna tear Waterford to absolute pieces and hard to see anything else happening

If you look at current form. We're gonna tear Waterford to absolute pieces and hard to see anything else happening

Well current form goes out the window considering the quality of teams that Galway have played. Waterford did well in the league and played poorly against Limerick but still beat them in Munster. They only really had one bad game but it was against Tipp who are much stronger than Galway.

Galway have beaten Clare (div.2 team, hammered by Limerick unless I'm mistaken) and Cork (6 of 8 in div.1, not a great team). Waterford came 3rd in the league while Galway came 5th (league means nothing with regards to championship, just goes to show that Waterford aren't as bad as they're made out to be and Galway aren't as good as they are made out to be).

This is the same Galway team who were trumped by Dublin by 6 points in Leinster. I've said my part anyway and we'll see come Sunday, I'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as people make out to be. People in sport are too fickle and when it comes to gambling people should stick to the facts rather than a one-off. Lest we forget that Galway have been hotly fancied against Waterford in the last 2 AI quarter finals against Waterford only to be beaten on both occasions.

Waterford will be no pushovers and given the fact they were given a lashing the last day nobody expects much and in that respect the pressure is on Galway. Thurles has been a good stomping ground for Waterford (I think that's where they beat Galway in the '09 championship) and while I wouldn't expect a Waterford win I also wouldn't expect them to be beaten by >5 points. A Waterford win wouldn't surprise me.

TLDR;
    Galway aren't as good as they're made out to be, Waterford aren't as bad as they're made out to be. I think it'll be closer than people expect but personally wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully it'll be a good game because I'll be sat on the couch come Sunday hoping for a repeat of '09, that got the anal passages flowing so it did

How to get rich quick

Kildare 1/4
    Wexford (-2.0) 10/11
    Cork (-3.0) 11/10
    Galway (-4.0) 5/6

How to get rich quick

Kildare 1/4
    Wexford (-2.0) 10/11
    Cork (-3.0) 11/10
    Galway (-4.0) 5/6

Fair play to ya making a bold statement like that.

So Cork will only win by a margin of 3 points against down? a repeat of last years match, and down only have beaten antrim, was it clare and leitrim so you could say they havent come up against any class team yet.

Looking to make a few bob alright, how much could one make if they went with your suggestion? are they just a hunch you have...

So Cork will only win by a margin of 3 points against down?

Cork -3 means Cork would have to win by at least four points for the bet to be a winner.

Think of it as the game starting with a scoreline of Cork (-3) vs Down (0).

If Cork win the game by three points they will only have overcome their initial handicap to the extent that they finish level with Down, whereas if they win by four they'll have overcome the initial handicap and won by a point.

Fair play to ya making a bold statement like that.

So Cork will only win by a margin of 3 points against down? a repeat of last years match, and down only have beaten antrim, was it clare and leitrim so you could say they havent come up against any class team yet.

Looking to make a few bob alright, how much could one make if they went with your suggestion? are they just a hunch you have...

I cannot say it will come in but lets just say I am confident enough to be throwing a tenner on it come the weekend.

10.00 returns 91.88.

So it's basically,

Kildare to win
    Galway to win by 5 or more
    Cork to win by 4 or more
    Wexford to win by 3 or more.

If it loses don't abuse me. If it wins thank me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Clonguish are reasonably good value @4/11 to beat Columba's at home on friday. Clonguish are traditionally strong and are one of the big guns in the current climate boasting the two bardens, enda williams and paddy dowd. I've every confidence they'll take this game by 4 or 5pts minimum. Maybe one to include in a weekend accumulator.

I also like Dromard @1/2 to beat Colmcille. Again dromard will be there or there abouts come the business end and will look to top their qualifying group to ensure an easier draw while many would regard Colmcille as potential relegation candidates along with st. pats and cashel

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Clonguish are reasonably good value @4/11 to beat Columba's at home on friday. Clonguish are traditionally strong and are one of the big guns in the current climate boasting the two bardens, enda williams and paddy dowd. I've every confidence they'll take this game by 4 or 5pts minimum. Maybe one to include in a weekend accumulator.

I also like Dromard @1/2 to beat Colmcille. Again dromard will be there or there abouts come the business end and will look to top their qualifying group to ensure an easier draw while many would regard Colmcille as potential relegation candidates along with st. pats and cashel

what county is that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

what county is that
    Longford accordin to Paddy Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

what county is that

Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Good loser

Over 2.5 goals are 2/7 with PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Good loser wrote: »
    Over 2.5 goals are 2/7 with PP.

Over 2.5 Galway goals is 6/4.

I think a great bet this weekend is over 31.5 points in the Wexford, Limerick game @ 10/11. Both Wexford and Limerick have been posting big scores recently and I can see a few goals in this game so I don't think 16 points each is too much of an ask. Weather is forecast to be good aswell so conditions shouldn't be too challenging.

Man of the match betting isn't up for the hurling games on Sunday but I'll be throwing a few quid on Declan Hannon. He'll be taking the frees for Limerick and I can see him having a big game. Limerick at 7/4 is a tempting price for me too but I won't put the hex on them and put my money on them.

Cork minus 2 @ 4/5 against Down is another bet I'll be doing aswell. I think Down aren't the team people are making them out to be. Poor against Clare. Struggled for a while against Leitrim who wouldn't exactly be setting football alight and were flattered a bit against Antrim. I feel they got lucky in the championship last year too but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

Offaly SFC

Theres 3 matches i have picked out

Walsh Island (10/3) V Clara (1/4)

The Island are massively overpriced. Clara are sturggling this year having only won one championship match so far. They have lost 3 of there young players to travelling and this was seen last week when they were beaten by an average Ballycumber side. Walsh Island are an up and coming team having won the intermediate 2 years ago. Since then they have been well able to compete with the top teams in the Senior. Altough they are missing Brian Connor due to travels aswell they have a very committed team with talented forwards. 10/3 is very overpriced imo and i can see this shortening come saturday. If Walsh Island get a run at Clara i can see clara collapsing like they did against Gracefield.

St Rynaghs (5/4) V Shamrocks (8/11)

I would of had St Rynaghs as favourites. Shamrocks are in dire straits this year. The club in general is gone to the dogs losing players to Emigration, Transfers, Loss of Interest and to other sports. Hard to belive they were on of the top teams a few years ago. Rynaghs won intermediate last year and are going well this year having won one and and losing to Gracefield by a point who are unbeaten so far. Shamrocks should be favourites for relegation from senior. Close game but Rynaghs should be expected to do the job

Edenderry (4/5) V Tullamore (6/5)

Since the last round of the championship Tullamor have lost 7 of there starting team. One of these is offaly hurler Shane Dooley who is by far there biggst loss as he is there main scorer. They havent won a game in the championship yet and are stuggling at the moment as a lot of there junior team will not move up to help there seniors. Edenderry on the other hand are on excellent form athe moment. Beating Rhode seniors in league semi-final last week and then losing to ballycumber in Extra time in the final on saturday last. They have a very young team mixed with a few of the older generation from the last winning championship side. Edenderry to win with a few to spare.

Gonna do an accumalator which pays 17.5/1 and 3 x Doubles

Browney7 wrote: »
    Over 2.5 Galway goals is 6/4.

I think a great bet this weekend is over 31.5 points in the Wexford, Limerick game @ 10/11. Both Wexford and Limerick have been posting big scores recently and I can see a few goals in this game so I don't think 16 points each is too much of an ask. Weather is forecast to be good aswell so conditions shouldn't be too challenging.

Man of the match betting isn't up for the hurling games on Sunday but I'll be throwing a few quid on Declan Hannon. He'll be taking the frees for Limerick and I can see him having a big game. Limerick at 7/4 is a tempting price for me too but I won't put the hex on them and put my money on them.

Cork minus 2 @ 4/5 against Down is another bet I'll be doing aswell. I think Down aren't the team people are making them out to be. Poor against Clare. Struggled for a while against Leitrim who wouldn't exactly be setting football alight and were flattered a bit against Antrim. I feel they got lucky in the championship last year too but that's for another thread.

Yeah the predictions are getting tougher to predict.
    Everyone is stating the obvious teams will win this weekend.
    They did last weekend. emm at too sure at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Limerick @ 7/4 to beat Dublin is a good bet IMO.

Donal O' Grady will have them prepared. Dublin wont like going to Thurles.

Since the league, Dublin haven't done much:

Narrowly beat a poor Offaly side.

Bet a well off form Galway side who weren't going well.

Well bet by Kilkenny when the pressure was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Didn't see the Ulster final but Derry +5 @ 8/11 seems generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Limerick footballers and hurlers are a good bet this weekend. Footballers are 2/1 to beat an average Wexford side.

djPSB wrote: »
    Limerick @ 7/4 to beat Dublin is a good bet IMO.

Donal O' Grady will have them prepared. Dublin wont like going to Thurles.

Since the league, Dublin haven't done much:

Narrowly beat a poor Offaly side.

Bet a well off form Galway side who weren't going well.

Well bet by Kilkenny when the pressure was on.

Read a piece there over the last few days, an interview with Donal O'Grady and he suggested that limerick were at a different stage of development to dublin. However he didnt comment on it - as he had links in both limerick and dublin. the suggestion that I take is that dublin are at a different stage of development..

djPSB wrote: »
    Didn't see the Ulster final but Derry +5 @ 8/11 seems generous.

Where are Derry going to get the scores from... thats the biggest worry I have for them..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement