Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Had over 4.5 goals in Meath game at 5/1 at ht, mistake obviously, hoors only paid me out at 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Just bear in mind with anytime goalscorers for the rest of the summer, that boyles are taking the absolute piss with their prices. They were 1/25 Joe Canning last weekend for example, and 2/7 Cathal Mannion. Ridiculous stuff. I rang up looking for a price on Canning not to score a goal since it was 1/25 he would. Got no offers naturally. But anyway, PP's prices, which are fair, can look massive in comparison when in reality theyre correct

yeah was looking like that, ladbrokes not far off the poor boyles prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Dubs are 10/11 -19 with bet365 in running here with them leading by 13 at the moment . Powers and boyles have line at -22. Dubs look like they will be ruthless and look for more goals if chances available

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

feck sorry for the jinx

Dublin -8 against Laois in the hurling looks a bit thin, as does Clare -9 against Offaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Dublin -8 against Laois in the hurling looks a bit thin, as does Clare -9 against Offaly.

What website are you finding them on?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What website are you finding them on?

Skybet!!

by thin you mean what? too low too high?

manafana wrote: »
    by thin you mean what? too low too high?

Clare should beat Offaly by 15 or more. Laois should be in for a backlash against Dublin also.

Skybet!!

Strange that p power hasn't any markets available.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Clare should beat Offaly by 15 or more. Laois should be in for a backlash against Dublin also.

Yeah would expect Clare and Dubs to win both games comfortably. I doubt those prices/hcaps will be available later in the week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi guys, I'm told there should be an update to the Android version of the LiveGaelic app available now - any feedback on whether the issue ye were seeing is fixed etc would be most welcome.

As an aside, if there's anyone interested in writing some sort of GAA Bets of the Week article for the site let me know. It's something I used to do myself fairly successfully but haven't the time to devote to it anymore unfortunately.

Strange that p power hasn't any markets available.

Not until Thursday they told me.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah would expect Clare and Dubs to win both games comfortably. I doubt those prices/hcaps will be available later in the week..

Trying to reactivate the SkyBet account to take advantage. I feel the Clare one is the pick of the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Trying to reactivate the SkyBet account to take advantage. I feel the Clare one is the pick of the 2.

Had a good cut myself. They have pulled that market now.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Had a good cut myself. They have pulled that market now.

Didn't take long!!

Didn't take long!!

Paddypower up now. Line is 13/14

Limerick V Westmeath - Skybet line is 13. PP is 15. I don't think I will have a bet. Limerick forward line is poor enough, wouldn't have huge faith in them to rack up a big score.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Limerick V Westmeath - Skybet line is 13. PP is 15. I don't think I will have a bet. Limerick forward line is poor enough, wouldn't have huge faith in them to rack up a big score.

It's a lot of scores to make up, after the Kilkenny U21 result last week I'll be staying away from handicaps of that size for a while.

Clare - 13
    Cork - 4
    Limerick - 15
    Dublin - 8

On P powers.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Clare -9 was too good to last.Had a decent bet on it earlier.Cheers OP.

Would Skybet take much of a bet? 3 or 4 hundred max?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

First incorrect prediction model results last week with the Dublin result, hopefully we'll get back on track.....
    • Fermanagh by 2,9 (PP has spread of 3)
    • Kildare by 2,3 (PP has 3)
    • Clare by 0,5 (PP has 2)
    • Cavan by 0,6 (PP has Roscommon by 1)
    • Kerry by 2.2 (PP has 3)
    Nothing there for me, although I'm surprised that PP and the model have gone for Clare to beat Longford.

might take 200 then you'd be barred quick enough id say, got less than 100 on dubs, clare handicap had moved to 12

Not even. You won't get too many bets with them before they shut you down so choose wisely.

laoisman11 wrote: »
    First incorrect prediction model results last week with the Dublin result, hopefully we'll get back on track.....
    • Fermanagh by 2,9 (PP has spread of 3)
    • Kildare by 2,3 (PP has 3)
    • Clare by 0,5 (PP has 2)
    • Cavan by 0,6 (PP has Roscommon by 1)
    • Kerry by 2.2 (PP has 3)
    Nothing there for me, although I'm surprised that PP and the model have gone for Clare to beat Longford.

Have you taken any notice of how close your model has been to the HC draw in all the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Saw that Clare spread on Skybet myself last Sunday but had no funds at the time to avail. Sick now as Clare should hammer Offaly in Ennis. PP line is gone a bit extreme though over 50.5 pts, spread of 13/14. B365 has clare -13 at 11-10. Really was hoping for a spread of around 10. Sick i missed the -9, would have lumped on that. Considering Laois beat Offaly by around 8-9 pts you have to wonder if there will be any backlash from them. Still shouldnt matter as there has to be a backlash from Clare too. Will wait to the end of the week to see if the line changes back to 12 or so but atm fancying Clare and Kerry -2 in the football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Warper wrote: »
    Saw that Clare spread on Skybet myself last Sunday but had no funds at the time to avail. Sick now as Clare should hammer Offaly in Ennis. PP line is gone a bit extreme though over 50.5 pts, spread of 13/14. B365 has clare -13 at 11-10. Really was hoping for a spread of around 10. Sick i missed the -9, would have lumped on that. Considering Laois beat Offaly by around 8-9 pts you have to wonder if there will be any backlash from them. Still shouldnt matter as there has to be a backlash from Clare too. Will wait to the end of the week to see if the line changes back to 12 or so but atm fancying Clare and Kerry -2 in the football

Offaly are terrible but wouldn't be surprised if they covered the 13/14 spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Offaly are terrible but wouldn't be surprised if they covered the 13/14 spread

I know, Boyles have Clare -15 so looks like B365 will be forced into changing theirs quickly.

Kerry -2 looks to be a great price to me. Anyone any thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Warper wrote: »
    I know, Boyles have Clare -15 so looks like B365 will be forced into changing theirs quickly.

Kerry -2 looks to be a great price to me. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Kerryman so a tad biased but yeah I definitely thinks it looks like value. Maybe arbitrage the risk a bit by backing Cork to get over 1.5 goals which is 5/2 on the basis that the Cork inside men are well capable of scoring goals (O'Neill especially) when they do get the ball but their supply could well be limited enough given Cork's middle 8 options and the fact the Cork defence looks rather suspect. Basically I think if Cork are going to have any hope of winning this they are going to have to scores goals.

Also Monaghan at 9/4 (or +2 at 6/5) looks like it might be a bit of value to me against Donegal. To my mind Monaghan are a good bit ahead of Tyrone and Derry and way ahead of Armagh. Their subs bench is way stronger than Donegal's and I think they will battle all the way. There's also the fact that Monaghan beat Donegal in Letterkenny in a dog of a game in the league already so it's not as if there Monaghan will have any fear of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement