Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

4 interest bets for me ....?

Kk to score a pen 5/1
    Kk to miss a pen 12/1
    Galway to score a pen 6/1
    Galway to miss a pen 12/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

think it's tight enough . 1 11 for each team and your bets a loser . And I actually see that kind of score line

The above post is in reply to the poster who asked on opinion of backin under 28 points in Cavan and roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Clare over 32.5 points at 10/11 with PP. Offaly in their last 4 Championship games have conceded 5-32 against Kilkenny, 1-20 against Antrim, 5-25 against Tipp and 0-29 against Laois. The Laois match is interesting as Laois created about 50 scoring chances and they would be several levels below Clare. Offaly people I know are expecting an awful beating today and their defense won't be able to cope with a strong Clare forward unit. I'd expect Clare to score somewhere in the region of 30 points with a few goals on top of that. Probably best to wait until throw in and see what the weather is like in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Kerry minors odds slashed with PP, 2/9 to 1/10. Still 2/7 with Betfair sports book, but no handicaps available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Clare v Longford football qualifier

Id expect a tough tight battle between these two poor teams..... Blustery conditions won't help scoring.... I'm going for under 31.5pts total with pp for interest.......4/5.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Small bet on Diarmaid O Keefe 1st goal in the Wexford game, 18s with PP, 33s on 365. He's starting at wing forward.

*45 points in Cavan Roscommon, unbelievable.

Over 52.5 points in Clare game 7/4 with 365, 5/6 with PP as is the under 52.5 with PP.

Was waiting on Laois plus 9 for 700 for a 20 accum . Injury time dublin goal and point to win by 10 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

spurshero wrote: »
    Was waiting on Laois plus 9 for 700 for a 20 accum . Injury time dublin goal and point to win by 10 😔

Ouch

I was on Dublin - 8 so happy enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    4 interest bets for me ....?

Kk to score a pen 5/1
    Kk to miss a pen 12/1
    Galway to score a pen 6/1
    Galway to miss a pen 12/1

Dont think ive ever seen Canning miss with 3 on the line, never mind 1! I wouldnt back that at 50's. The 'to score' bets look normally priced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Donncha Walsh 1/2 to score under 1.5 points V Cork. Can see this landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Ah f**k off Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Clare -1 @ evs looks v nice against a cork team that have been poor so far this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Surprised Limerick have been made favs for the game with Dublin.

Also Tipp minors missing captain (?) Stephen Quirke and haven't been overly impressive to date. Looks like a bit of value to be had this weekend.

I'm going to have a little sneaky bet on tipp (football) clare and Limerick all to beat the handicap, works out 6/1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Surprised Limerick have been made favs for the game with Dublin.

I would have Limerick favourites definitely against a poor Dublin team

I would have Limerick favourites definitely against a poor Dublin team

Exactly, take the dubs out of Croke park and they're a different team. I'd expect limerick to cover the handicap comfortably.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Jees lads Limerick are quite poor too. I haven't seen any improvement from their showing v the Dubs in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Prediction model output for this weekend's games:
    • Derry by 8.0 (PP has spread of 5)
    • Tyrone by 1.5 (PP has 2)
    • Tipperary by 2.5 (PP has 7)
    • Kildare by 3.9 (PP has 2)
    • Armagh by 0.6 (PP has 1)
    • Roscommon by 1.9 (PP has 2)
    • Dublin by 10.2 (PP has 15)

The model's output is really going to be tested this weekend, but I'll stick with it to see what comes of it. Derry to beat the spread, and Tipperary and Dublin to not cover the spread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    My bets for the Kerry game
    Kerry over 17.5 pts 4/5
    Kerry over 1.5 goals 7/4
    Kerry ht/ft 10/11

2 came, that will do.
    Pity no pens in the hurling though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Backed Tipp -5 in the football and Tipp minus 2 in the hurling - both were 10-11 with Skybet though the footballers are now -6

Also Limerick -1 at evens with Boyles

Im thinking of backing Galway @ 6-4 in the football or a tasty 15-4 ht ft with B365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Wexford under 21s should beat a Kilkenny comfortably enough. 4/5 with powers.

Also what are people's thoughts on the 15 point spread in the Leinster final. I know Dublin have been awesome so far but 15 points is still a massive score and Westmeath proved they can take plenty scores against Meath and they'll be as full of confidence as any Leinster team could be playing Dublin. Ye reckon the +15 is decent value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Also what are people's thoughts on the 15 point spread in the Leinster final. I know Dublin have been awesome so far but 15 points is still a massive score and Westmeath proved they can take plenty scores against Meath and they'll be as full of confidence as any Leinster team could be playing Dublin. Ye reckon the +15 is decent value?

Thought Wexford weren't great against a poor Offaly side. KK obviously struggled to beat Carlow, but played well against a strong Dublin side. You would imagine both sides would improve on their last time out. Home advantage could swing it for Wexford, but I won't be backing them.

I would favour the -15. Dublin had 19 points to spare over Kildare without really killing themselves in the second half.
    Meath were absolutely destroying Westmeath in the first half of that game and if they could defend properly would have been home and hosed. Westmeath conceded 2-18 in that game, you would fancy Dublin to easily beat that score without conceding much.
    Dublin by 20+ for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Reckon Tipp hurlers will win with a bit to spare at the weekend. Although Waterford won in the league, championship is completely different fare and I think the Waterford backs are going to find it tough to deal with the Tipp forwards who were in great form the last day. I would rank Tipp's performance against Limerick as the best of the championship so far, along with Kilkenny's against Wexford.
    Just think the top two teams are that bit ahead of the rest. Would not be surprised if the game pans out similarly to the Leinster final.

Tipperary (-2) vs Waterford 10/11 Skybet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

great call.Didnt think it would be that comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Hi lads.

I done a 5 fold today 4/5 came in. The cashout is €180 but waiting on kildare €280. Should I cash out or should kildare do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Abe_88 wrote: »
    Hi lads.

I done a 5 fold today 4/5 came in. The cashout is €180 but waiting on kildare €280. Should I cash out or should kildare do it?

I think Kildare will beat Longford.Think they will have too much for them and a big plus is its a neutral venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It would be a big shock if Kildare didn't win. If it was me I'd take the risk and stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

yabadabado wrote: »
    I think Kildare will beat Longford.Think they will have too much for them and a big plus is its a neutral venue.

Your docket is worth €228 incl commission paid on betfair laying Kildare. Cash out is awful value. I f you want to take the cash by all mean do but at least get what it's worth. Hard enough catching the bookies without giving up so much equity to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Cheers lads will stick it out so! I placed the bet with bet 365.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement