Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

djPSB wrote: »
    Monaghan v Donegal

The Ulster final in 2013 produced 1 goal, no goals in the 2014 final between these sides. 1 goal when the sides met earlier this year in the League.
    Therefore, i don't think there'll be many goals with the damp conditions and the defensive set ups of both teams being a factor also.

Under 1.5 goals (Evs)
    Under 0.5 goals (4/1) small stake for value
    Draw half time/full time (40/1) small stake for value

All odds with Bet365.

23/20 and 9/2 best prices on those per oddschecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

In the Connacht Minor Final today, I'd fancy Sligo to win at 5/2. Also in the goal scoring markets Ryan Forde of Galway anytime at 7/2, he has serious pace and can get goals. 9/1 first goal also worth a play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Sun Paper gave it to Moran and The poll on the 42 has Moran well on top. We were robbed lads :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Would anyone give Sligo a snowball's chance today?
    Asking because a I'm a Mayoman and b I'm on a Kerry/Mayo/Monaghan acca.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I had money on a draw there, safe to say I'm not delighted. Where did the ref get 3 mins from? Beggan was down for about 5 on his own, not to mention other 'injuries'. That last shot was marginal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I had money on a draw there, safe to say I'm not delighted. Where did the ref get 3 mins from? Beggan was down for about 5 on his own, not to mention other 'injuries'. That last shot was marginal.

There were two mins of the inj wasted for frees.

The last shot was over the post - can't really call that wide or over. Wonder what hawk eye would have said.

The last shot was over the post - can't really call that wide or over. Wonder what hawk eye would have said.

I was expecting 5+, too many refs are shy to give more than 2-3.

The ref did his best to drag Monaghan over the line tbh, they were more deserving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah rare case of ref not giving the chance to the draw in tight finish, late shoot looked just wide and donegal kicker didn't seem too confident either. Monaghan really let them in at end, nice betting game all same with the lack of goals and the outsider sneaking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Great goals odds on this game Mayo over 1.5 6/4 at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

djPSB wrote: »
    Monaghan v Donegal

The Ulster final in 2013 produced 1 goal, no goals in the 2014 final between these sides. 1 goal when the sides met earlier this year in the League.
    Therefore, i don't think there'll be many goals with the damp conditions and the defensive set ups of both teams being a factor also.

Under 1.5 goals (Evs)
    Under 0.5 goals (4/1) small stake for value
    Draw half time/full time (40/1) small stake for value

All odds with Bet365.

Brilliant call, thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Prediction model output for next weekend:
    • Fermanagh by 0.4 (PP has spread of 1)
    • Cork by 3.2 (PP has 5)

Nothing for me there.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

That angered me too, I wish they would use the basketball/American football scoreboard, stop the clock when the ball goes out and when play stops so there doesn't need to be added time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Kerry for the AI is 5-2 with BV. They were 3-1 yesterday but i missed the boat.

That said when you look at the draw for them - 1/4 final either Westmeath/fermanagh which they should win easily. Then the winners of Monaghan/Tyrone in the semi-final another game they should win. I would make them at least 4-9 to win that semi.

Considering BV are paying half the odds each way for top 2 at 5-2, the each way element looks a steal to me. Plus Kerry in a final are always capable no matter who they are playing so im on this. Kerry e/w 5-2 BV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Warper wrote: »

That said when you look at the draw for them - 1/4 final either Westmeath/fermanagh which they should win easily. Then the winners of Monaghan/Tyrone in the semi-final another game they should win. I would make them at least 4-9 to win that semi.

Considering BV are paying half the odds each way for top 2 at 5-2, the each way element looks a steal to me. Plus Kerry in a final are always capable no matter who they are playing so im on this. Kerry e/w 5-2 BV.

Kerry 1/3 with Boyles and 1/4 with PP to make the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Kerry 1/3 with Boyles and 1/4 with PP to make the final.

I'll be taking Kerry on for sure.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'll be taking Kerry on for sure.

With who? Do you think Monaghan/Tyrone will beat them in the semi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Think you're losing plenty on the win part, but the place part more than makes up for it. Good bet all in all, if I could get on id follow in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

With who? Do you think Monaghan/Tyrone will beat them in the semi?

Yeah I'll certainly give Monaghan a chance, depending how it's priced up but Kerry might be shorter than they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Cyril Donnellan the only Galway man I think has a hope. Wouldn't be hard for Canning I suppose one game and he'd be in the reckoning at least.

Galway won't get more than one though if they lose an all Ireland semi, which they will if they don't lose on Sunday week.

I reckon Canning is in with a great chance of an all star. Haven't actually looked it up but at a guess I'd say he's been the top scorer from play in the championship so far? I reckon he has around 4-10 hit from play in his 4 games so far. Not to mention the fact one of his goals was one of the best goals we've ever seen which will stick in the minds of the all star selectors.

I'd reckon another good performance against Cork and he'd be in with a great shout of getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Great call on the Kerry e/w bet, I'll be backing that large despite the fact I'm from Kerry myself and obviously biased :pac: It has to be BetVictor too since they're the only ones paying half the odds, unlike most other bookies which are 1/4 odds :eek:

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    Great call on the Kerry e/w bet, I'll be backing that large despite the fact I'm from Kerry myself and obviously biased :pac: It has to be BetVictor too since they're the only ones paying half the odds, unlike most other bookies which are 1/4 odds :eek:

Gone into 9-4 now

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/all-ireland-senior-football-championship/winner

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yeah I'll certainly give Monaghan a chance, depending how it's priced up but Kerry might be shorter than they should be.

I think Monaghan's year so far was aiming to beat Donegal in Ulster. I would fancy Tyrone to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

Hawk eye last week or week before had shot going through post - that means directly over - and it was deemed a miss.

So obviously the shot must clear the inside of the posts. Which means between the posts. My guess anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good loser wrote: »
    Hawk eye last week or week before had shot going through post - that means directly over - and it was deemed a miss.

So obviously the shot must clear the inside of the posts. Which means between the posts. My guess anyway!

Over the post is wide.
    Playing Rules: Rule 3 – Scores: “A point is scored when the ball is played over the crossbar between the posts by either team”.

The only confusion with Hawkeye is that if it is deemed any part of the ball would have hit any part of the post the shot is deemed wide, even when it looks from the graphic like you would have an "in-off" situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Galway touching 11/8 now with Ladbrokes. Think they represent a bit of value at this price. Have had a decent year in the championship, and gave Kilkenny a good game for most of the Leinster final. As I have said before I think Kilkenny and Tipp are well ahead of the rest. Think if players such as Tannion can tighten up in the backs that Cork's forwards really are nothing to be write home about. Also was looking at Cathal Mannion anytime goal 15/8 with powers. Reckon he will be left inside close to goal and showed he had a good eye for goal against Dublin. As always with Galway, a lot depends on how Joe Canning plays. I just see this match being close, but fancy Galway to edge it. Would have a slight inclination towards Dublin in the other game; I don't think being favourites will suit Waterford - just look what happened their u21's who went off 1/3 against Clare the last day and lost. Would fancy a lowish scoring game with Dublin to come through. Will sit that game out from a betting perspective however.

Galway 11/8 vs Cork Ladbrokes
    Cathal Mannion anytime goalscorer 15/8 Powers

paul08 wrote: »
    Galway touching 11/8 now with Ladbrokes. Think they represent a bit of value at this price. Have had a decent year in the championship, and gave Kilkenny a good game for most of the Leinster final. As I have said before I think Kilkenny and Tipp are well ahead of the rest. Think if players such as Tannion can tighten up in the backs that Cork's forwards really are nothing to be write home about. Also was looking at Cathal Mannion anytime goal 15/8 with powers. Reckon he will be left inside close to goal and showed he had a good eye for goal against Dublin. As always with Galway, a lot depends on how Joe Canning plays. I just see this match being close, but fancy Galway to edge it. Would have a slight inclination towards Dublin in the other game; I don't think being favourites will suit Waterford - just look what happened their u21's who went off 1/3 against Clare the last day and lost. Would fancy a lowish scoring game with Dublin to come through. Will sit that game out from a betting perspective however.

Galway 11/8 vs Cork Ladbrokes
    Cathal Mannion anytime goalscorer 15/8 Powers

Agree with Galway - i like the ht-ft odds of 11-4 rather than the straight win. Galway are normally a team that needs to be winning from the front as they are very brittle mentally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

What are the thoughts on the Galway v Sligo minor replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

What are the thoughts on the Galway v Sligo minor replay?

Betting on minor is always risky

In separate matters
    dontfoul ‏@dontfoul 2h2 hours ago
    Kildare +7 is 10/11 with Betfair ... 4/9 & 8/13 with PP & Boyles respectively #justsayin

Fermanagh have only beaten Antrim and Roscommon which doesn't look as impressive since Sligo looked dreadful against Mayo. Westmeath showed against Dublin they can be organised so I like them here.

• Advertisement

Treble - Westmeath +3, Waterford -2, Cork (football) -3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement