Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What do people think of Sean Quigley Top Scorer bet at 1/1? I'm thinking it could be worth a shot considering there aren't many contenders besides Eoghan O Flaherty and the Dublin lads. However Dublin have a tough run to reach the final and with Bernard Brogan taking no placed balls and Dean Rock 14 points behind Quigley, I don't think they pose much of a threat.

Cork will beat Kildare whereas Fermanagh are favourites to progress vs Westmeath. If this happens I think Quigley is nailed on for the award and if they don't progress it'll come down to whether or not Flaherty can outscore him by more than 1 point this weekend. The current leaderboard (leaving out players who are out of the competition) is:

Quigley - 32
    Flaherty - 31
    Heslin - 29
    Brogan - 22
    Rock - 18

This isn't really a tip, just looking for opinions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Cork to be winning at half time and full time seems a good bet at 4/9 (if you're ok with small winnings of course)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

in football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Fermanagh are on a roll, they had a good league run and seem a well drilled team

Cork had two very competitive games against kerry which will bring them on big time, should see off Kildare with relative ease

Fermanagh -1
    Cork -3

Double 2.5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyrone - 8 for me next weekend, impressed with them last time out against a decent tipp team, Sligo are even worse in my opinion so I'd expect them to beat this handicap.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

What was a Fermanagh / Kildare double I wonder ,just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Cork would want to take the sheckles off a bit here and play with a bit more vigour. Kildare comfortable so far

seanhynes wrote: »
    What was a Fermanagh / Kildare double I wonder ,just wondering

Kildare were 9/2-5/1 and Fermanagh were about 5/6 or close to that, Westmeath were around 11/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

The record of beaten Provincial finalists playing a qualifier the week after ,the win record must be very low,qualifiers constantly taking out beaten provincial sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

seanhynes wrote: »
    The record of beaten Provincial finalists playing a qualifier the week after ,the win record must be very low,qualifiers constantly taking out beaten provincial sides

Provincial loser has never won a qualifier within a week of losing provincial final.

EDIT: Actually I think Dublin did it but they're the only ones IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Collie D wrote: »
    Provincial loser has never won a qualifier within a week of losing provincial final.

EDIT: Actually I think Dublin did it but they're the only ones IIRC

Dublin 2001 and Down 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Aftertiming by me but had a good few quid on Fermanagh V Westmeath under 32.5 and went into bookies thinking about doing the overs on Kildare Cork but found 36.5 too much. So had a complete spec bet on Kildare to win based only on the week turn around. It's a disaster for teams training all year to be forced into this.

Just took under 42 points and highest scoring half second half in Waterford v the dubs just for interest.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah under 42.5 points and a small bet on no goal scorer at 10/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

On Galway win 6/5 and Galway ht/ft 11/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    On Galway win 6/5 and Galway ht/ft 11/4

2 winners :)

A novelty bet of sorts but P.Mannion for an All Star is 12/1 with PP.

He's the same price as J.Coen and he's played far better, if we beat Cork and make a semi final we're likely to have 1 or 2 and he's been our best player so far.

In to 11/8 now after a MOTM nomination.

They overpriced him as he's new this year and it can probably take a bit of time to figure out a defender over an attacker since its not stat based per se.

Might not even need to win the semi to get it but a finals appearance would likely see it nailed down.

Value gone now but it was a better bet than Galway for the AI at the time as it was similarly priced but needing less to go right in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

In to 11/8 now after a MOTM nomination.

They overpriced him as he's new this year and it can probably take a bit of time to figure out a defender over an attacker since its not stat based per se.

Might not even need to win the semi to get it but a finals appearance would likely see it nailed down.

Value gone now but it was a better bet than Galway for the AI at the time as it was similarly priced but needing less to go right in a way.

Excellent call. As I suggested to you when you said it initially, brother Cathal @ 10/3 is in with a great shout too and 7 points today will have aided his bid also.

Excellent call. As I suggested to you when you said it initially, brother Cathal @ 10/3 is in with a great shout too and 7 points today will have aided his bid also.

Ya I didn't really disagree on Cathal just he was so anonymous against KK it was going to take a massive performance to get himself back in contention.

Padraig just needed to do more of the same.
    Pricing him the same as Coen before that game was a clear sign of bookies pricing new players with some strange system.

Might still be a touch of value in Daithi Burke at 4s, Cathal at 10/3(?), Callanan at 9/4 and Glynn at 7/2(?).

I thought Daithi was the MOTM today and if we made the final and he gives more of the same he's in with a good shout though I think he'd need us to win the semi.

Callanan probably the standout remaining Galway player, he's third choice goalie yet has saved a penalty and generally makes at least a stop a game.
    I don't get Murphy being favourite as he had little to do against Wex and conceded two in the LF.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Donegal to beat Galway at 1/2 ... surely a lump job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

hupskip wrote: »
    Donegal to beat Galway at 1/2 ... surely a lump job?

I wouldn't put my life on it, Galway will be studying the Monaghan playbook very closely. We don't know yet it Rory G is as sharp as his predecessor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I wouldn't put my life on it, Galway will be studying the Monaghan playbook very closely. We don't know yet it Rory G is as sharp as his predecessor...

I don't think he is, and I don't think enough is being made of it. Still expect Donegal to win here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Croke Park will suit Galway.

Ran Kerry close there last year and shot alot of wides that day. Galway seemed to have improved alot since then.

Wouldn't be backing Donegal who looked jaded against Monaghan. Lacey missing and Murphy not 100% yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Donegal ht/ft 6/5 on Boyles. Even if they're not at their best I can't see Donegal losing this. The greater experience they have at Croke Park should also be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Prediction model output for this weekend:
    • Tyrone by 5,0 (PP has spread of 8)
    • Donegal by 1,9 (PP has spread of 2)
    • Dublin by 9.1 (PP has 14)
    • Kerry by 3.5 (PP has 6)

I find it very hard to believe that Sligo will get within 8 points of Tyrone but I will reluctantly back it all the same, just to follow through on the hypothesis that more than 3 points different from the bookies spread is worth a shot. Fermanagh to stay within 14 of Dublin could be tough as well, but I'm in this for the long haul!

Galway at 2/1 in the hurling looks like value to me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Galway at 2/1 in the hurling looks like value to me.

I'm going to wait on the points market in that one. Both teams play very attacking styles of play and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't 50+ points scored in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Just a speculative one in the Hurler of the Year market. Cillian Buckley is available at 40/1, and has been probably in kilkennys best 3/4 players this year. Think he's well overpriced considering Paudie Maher is around 8s. The two of them are 2/5 to win an all star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I'm going to wait on the points market in that one. Both teams play very attacking styles of play and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't 50+ points scored in that one.

Keep an eye on 365 and Betbright, they do alternative totals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

paul08 wrote: »
    Just a speculative one in the Hurler of the Year market. Cillian Buckley is available at 40/1, and has been probably in kilkennys best 3/4 players this year. Think he's well overpriced considering Paudie Maher is around 8s. The two of them are 2/5 to win an all star.

It's very rare that a defender wins the award but at that price it's worth a small bet for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement