Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

FatRat wrote: »
    No they didnt pay me out. They reverted my odds to the corrct odds - which were 1/100 !! I still won but very little haha. I complained to them and made every possible arguement I could but they had none of it!

they will probably limit you to peanuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

paul08 wrote: »
    David Moran MOTM today 8/1 could be worth a look. Know few people got done in the Munster Final with the decision to give it to JO'D. Was also picked up on by the media that the decision was a shocker with most saying Moran should have won it. Having a great year as well.

fair play mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    David Moran at 9's for MOTM on Sunday is an interesting one. A good performance and it wouldn't be a surprise to see RTE give it to him, given the flack received for not giving it to him against Cork.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Was counting that one as a loser! Not sure on the selection policy, but would have thought Stephen O Brien should have taken it. Not complaining though, claws back some of the losses from the Races anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

David Moran is a genius. Also a money machine when backed for stuff like this. Nailed on for player of the year if Kerry win it out!

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    I think galway half time donegal full time at 11 to 2 is worth a small bet .khst think donegal might be a little cute for this young galway team on the end

This one very unlucky, Galway had the ball with 40 seconds left till half time and just dicked around with and the whistle was blown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Frustrating bet alright . Having been at the game will be surprised if mayo don't beat donegal . They were their for the taking yesterday even if they somehow managed to win by 10 points on the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Mayo / Tyrone double this weekend pays very close to 4/1 - for what i see is a guaranteed victory for Mayo and a 50/50 Tyrone - Monaghan game

Waterford available at 7/2 with skybet at the weekend. Have been critical of them in the past but that price is too good to be missed. Kilkenny havnt had a run out in about 5 weeks and could be caught cold. Small stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mayo / Tyrone double this weekend pays very close to 4/1 - for what i see is a guaranteed victory for Mayo and a 50/50 Tyrone - Monaghan game

Wouldn't say Mayo are guaranteed to beat Donegal. Mayo haven't played anyone decent yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'd fancy Mayo though they're obviously not a cert, Donegal have been getting the job done but I don't think they're as scary without Jim. That's a good bet at nearly 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fancy Mayo as well this weekend 5-6 PP

Also Bet365 have Tyrone ht ft @ 19-4 which is a great price considering it will be a tight enough match.

KK also -3 to beat Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Much to my surprise, the prediction model got both games right last weekend. 10 out of 12 to date, which isn't too bad.

For this weekend:
    • Monaghan by 0.7 (PP has spread of 1)
    • Mayo by 0.4 (PP has 1)

Nothing there for me, hopefully they will be close fought games compared to last weekend's one-sided duels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

KK big drifters with PP - now 10-11 ht-ft and 8-11 minus 2. I know JJ is out but why the big drift? Just read Richie Hogan is a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Just can't see Waterford beating Kilkenny . Hope I'm wrong . The minus 2 is tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JuniorBKing

paul08 wrote: »
    Waterford available at 7/2 with skybet at the weekend. Have been critical of them in the past but that price is too good to be missed. Kilkenny havnt had a run out in about 5 weeks and could be caught cold. Small stakes.
    Have you been watching Kilkenny hurl the last 10 years?? 5 week breaks make no difference to them, either would a 25 week break. Their trainings are tougher than any matches.... I think kk half time/full time... wont be much in it but kk by 5

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Now that a lot of our respective counties have been knocked out of the all-ireland, counties will be eager to get their club championships on the road again. In my opinion PP's odds on club games can be exploited easier than county games as there is no substitute for local knowledge.

Just looking at my own county's (roscommon) fixtures this week, there are two games that i think are wayyyy overpriced. I would see the following games as having a 90% chance of going the way of the teams in bold.

St. Brigids are at home and are @4/9 to beat Padraig Pearses . Bridgets are the kingpins of ros club football (havn't won the championship in 2 years though) but have won the last 8 div. 1 u-21 titles. Pearses are widely known as championship bottlers and have lost a few key players this year to emmigration. Brigids are also top of the league with a p.d. of +34 while pearses are fighting relegation. Both teams lost there opening game to castlerea (they have won championship the last two years) but brigids were unfortunate unlike pearses.

Verdict: Brigids by 4/5 pts.

Western Gaels are also at home (it's a **** pitch that everyone hates except themselves) and are 4/9 to beat roscommon gaels. Many tipped western gaels to win this years championship but they slipped on their day first out against elphin (my personal fav. for champ.) Western gaels have 3 county players including cathal cregg (great against sligo and good against cork) and last years captain seanie mcdermott (marked d.kelly out of it in con. final and kept colm o'neill quiet against cork. They also have a 4 or 5 lads who played county u-21 in the last 3/4 years.

Ros gaels rely totally on david o'gara (centre forward for ros) but he's not a scorer. They are also victims of emmigrations and are rock bottom of the league having only scored 82pts in 9 games. They somehow managed to beat elphin in the first round (0-7 to 0-5) on a day with 40mph winds and pissing rain. Although western gaels form in the league has been hit and miss, this is mainly due to having so many county players (both senior and u-21) who were ineligible to play in 4/5 of the games. Western Gaels need to win by 5 pts to progress to the next round so i expect for them to go out all guns blazing.

Verdict: Western gaels by 7/8 pts.

So come on, give your opinions on your own county's club games and how you believe they are going to go!!!

Just came back on this after a long time off, saw this was the first post on the thread an seeing as there is Roscommon football champ on the weekend was wondering if you had any strong fancies in those matches at all this weekend??

I fancy a lump on Kilkenny -3 at 10/11 anyway, looking for a few selections to get 5/2 + on a treble or so.

have an inkling toward Monaghan at 4/5 aswell at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

@pablo...sirvival hasn't posted in a long time unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

KevIRL wrote: »
    @pablo...sirvival hasn't posted in a long time unfortunately

Ah that's a disappointment, looked to give a detailed preview of the games!

Cheers for that!

if anyone has any info on their local champ matches like that please share anyway!

I reckon Ill go on Monaghan and KK -3 anyway!

A lot of people writing off Donegal very quickly why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Marty Duffy is in the middle for the Tyrone Monaghan game. I see him as fairly whistle happy. Expect both teams to start off defensively (may open up 2nd half), and so can see plenty of free kicks.

The prices on first scoring play to be a dead ball can be dutched for 2.85 (around 15/8). This equates to a 35% probability.

I don't have the stats for % of scores to be from dead balls, but I know in the 2 teams last 4 games, the first score has been from a free 3/8 times.

Given the ref, and the teams involved, I think the odds should be closer to 6/4.

Any thoughts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Kk on hcap def bet of wkend , a draw in mon Tyrone game would be no surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Kilkenny HT/FT @ 5/6
    Kilkenny -2 @ 8/11
    (both with PP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Kk on hcap def bet of wkend , a draw in mon Tyrone game would be no surprise

Only if Hogan and Larkin start. Unlike a few years ago Kilkenny don't have a great bench now. Even 1 or 2 of the starting forwards aren't at the level of some of the guys that couldn't make the team 4 or 5 years ago. They are far more dependent on a few players now. Larkin and Hogan (especially Hogan) are 2 of those players. I'll probably make the bet aswell but won't be placing it until about 10 minute before throw in on Sunday when line ups are confirmed

Galway Intermediates at 4/9 should be virtual "dead certs" against Cork on Saturday evening. Cork won the competition last year but can't use any of that team this time so they won't be nearly as strong this year. Where as virtually all of Galway's players are on our senior panel and they've swept all before them in all their games so far. Conor Whelan can't play any more obviously but they'll still have far too much for Cork.

4/9 isn't great odds but should be solid enough in an accumulator I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

With the rain today it will surely make tomorrow's games low scoring affairs -- esp the Tyrone one. Could be a call for under goals and maybe even no goal scorer in that one along with the under points market provided it's not ridiculously low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Galway Intermediates at 4/9 should be virtual "dead certs" against Cork on Saturday evening. Cork won the competition last year but can't use any of that team this time so they won't be nearly as strong this year. Where as virtually all of Galway's players are on our senior panel and they've swept all before them in all their games so far. Conor Whelan can't play any more obviously but they'll still have far too much for Cork.

4/9 isn't great odds but should be solid enough in an accumulator I'd say
    Which bookie is giving the 4/9 about Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Boyles are hammering PP in odds for a few bets I've priced up on oddschecker. Clonlara, Newmarket and Galway Inters 1.28/1 with Boyle, 0.93/1 with PP for example.

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Which bookie is giving the 4/9 about Galway?

Backed them at that with powers today. Must be money going on as it's 3/10 now. Probably just good for an accumulator now at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

On Father O'Neils Sunday at 6/4 v Meelin

Medium Stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Boyles are hammering PP in odds for a few bets I've priced up on oddschecker. Clonlara, Newmarket and Galway Inters 1.28/1 with Boyle, 0.93/1 with PP for example.

They bet to largely the same % (I think PP are slightly more competitive in fact overall). If they're shorter on one team, they're bigger on the other team and/or the draw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement