Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Gonna take quite a large bet on O'Connor over 6.5 points - 4/5 with paddy power. Im also gonna take a small bit on him to win the MOTM award! Expecting a high-scoring game that Mayo will win largely thanks to Cillians free taking.

He didnt even bother showing up to play by the looks of that performance. Only got 3 points, missed 3 easy frees and scuffed many many opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Had money on andy moran to score over 1.5 pts. Obviously he didnt start and came on to score a point. Luckily paddypower were generous and refunded my bet. Is that the norm? I wouldve thought when he comes on that the bet was active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

paul08 wrote: »
    Had money on andy moran to score over 1.5 pts. Obviously he didnt start and came on to score a point. Luckily paddypower were generous and refunded my bet. Is that the norm? I wouldve thought when he comes on that the bet was active

Has to start thought it said that? Does on Betfair anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Mayo / Tyrone double this weekend pays very close to 4/1 - for what i see is a guaranteed victory for Mayo and a 50/50 Tyrone - Monaghan game

Well played - joined you on this one in a double and in a treble with KK HT/FT tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cillian buckley motm 18/ boyles. Already mentioned him for poty few weeks back and could have a big game today. Probably needs to be a defensive game for a back to win it. Decided against backing waterford in the end

Cillian buckley motm 18/ boyles. Already mentioned him for poty few weeks back and could have a big game today. Probably needs to be a defensive game for a back to win it. Decided against backing waterford in the end

Was 25's earlier this morning with Boyles, had a free bet so threw it down on him.

All the best!

After O'Connor's no show yesterday, hopefully the likely points scorers will provide today. Shanahan over 9.5 points @11/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

TJ Reid Anytime Goalscorer @ 2/1, nice price. Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

shmeee wrote: »
    TJ Reid Anytime Goalscorer @ 2/1, nice price. Boyles.

Nice and early for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

elefant wrote: »
    Nice and early for you!

Lovely stuff.

Was only 11/10 with Powers so the price drew me in.

FatRat wrote: »
    After O'Connor's no show yesterday, hopefully the likely points scorers will provide today. Shanahan over 9.5 points @11/10.

9 points! :o He only managed 2 in the 2nd half after 7 in the first.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Warper wrote: »
    Fancy Mayo as well this weekend 5-6 PP

Also Bet365 have Tyrone ht ft @ 19-4 which is a great price considering it will be a tight enough match.

KK also -3 to beat Waterford

Bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Kilkenny HT/FT @ 5/6
    Kilkenny -2 @ 8/11
    (both with PP)

Both won :)

Buckley in with a good shout had a great second half. Richie and tj be the dangers but they often get them so hopefully they get urge to spread the awards around.

Buckley in with a good shout had a great second half. Richie and tj be the dangers but they often get them so hopefully they get urge to spread the awards around.

He got the Sky Sports/Liberty Man of the Match, so fingers crossed for the Sunday Game now...

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    On Father O'Neils Sunday at 6/4 v Meelin

Medium Stake

That'll do, last puck of the game won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same As wrote: »
    He got the Sky Sports/Liberty Man of the Match, so fingers crossed for the Sunday Game now...

Tj Reid. Deserved imo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thought Buckley deserved it now to be fair got on oceans of ball and used most of it verywell. Ah its very subjective at the same time. Dono bout dara fives being nominated, personally thought he wasnt even waterfords best wouldve had connors and dunford ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looking ahead

Tipp -2 @ 4-5 Stan James
    Kerry -3 @ 4-5 PP
    Mayo ht-ft @ 5-1 PP

If Mayo are to win they will need to lead from the front so 5-1 is a value call.

Tipp look good for the AI this year imo and Kerry are Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Bernard Brogan 14/1 with Boyles for FOTY looks worth a bet, 5-16 scored from play already.

For anyone interested - I have Sean Quigley to winnthe golden boot but I requested a bet off Skybet for Bernard Brogan to win it. Got odds of 4/1, which I thought would be a bit lower. He's 11 points off Quigley and he averages 7-8 points a game. It's dial-a-bet only though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

FatRat wrote: »
    For anyone interested - I have Sean Quigley to winnthe golden boot but I requested a bet off Skybet for Bernard Brogan to win it. Got odds of 4/1, which I thought would be a bit lower. He's 11 points off Quigley and he averages 7-8 points a game. It's dial-a-bet only though.
    I backed Bernard @22's before last round of qualifiers on the premise that rock would be dropped and brogan would take over the frees, but there's a good chance he'll manage it from play!
    Saying that he'll need to get to final to win it and that's not a foregone conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Anyone have any fancies on the club scene around the place?

I hear two mile house are a great price in Kildare?

I rightly fancy Ballinhassig, Midleton and Charleville in cork, the treble is 6/4, Im looking for one or two more to get a bit more of a price if there is good reasoning behind it because I dont like to back under 9/4 if I can help it as a rule which has been working out very well so far.

Just in case there is a team any of ye really cannot see being beat in yer own counties the weekend at 1/5 of bigger.
    (bigger as in nothing over 1/5 i.e. 2/11 + etc. if at all possible because tis hardly worth the while that short!

I'd be particularly interested if anyone had info on two mile house!

thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

pablo24 wrote: »

I rightly fancy Ballinhassig, Midleton and Charleville in cork, the treble is 6/4, Im looking for one or two more to get a bit more of a price if there is good reasoning behind it because I dont like to back under 9/4 if I can help it as a rule which has been working out very well so far.

Just in case there is a team any of ye really cannot see being beat in yer own counties the weekend at 1/5 of bigger.
    (bigger as in nothing over 1/5 i.e. 2/11 + etc. if at all possible because tis hardly worth the while that short!

thanks all!
    Two mile House to beat Clogherinkoe at 4/6 is a decent price. It's by no means a cert though, Clogherinkoe are no mugs.

The one that stands out to me is Round Towers to beat Raheens at 4/6. Towers finished mid table in division 1 while Raheens were hammered 4-12 to 0-6 in the division 2 final. Neither team have county players so going on form you'd have to fancy Towers.

Nib wrote: »
    Two mile House to beat Clogherinkoe at 4/6 is a decent price. It's by no means a cert though, Clogherinkoe are no mugs.

The one that stands out to me is Round Towers to beat Raheens at 4/6. Towers finished mid table in division 1 while Raheens were hammered 4-12 to 0-6 in the division 2 final. Neither team have county players so going on form you'd have to fancy Towers.

what about castledermot, they are the others I was told, any chance of them losing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

what about castledermot, they are the others I was told, any chance of them losing?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96605061&postcount=3778

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

1/5 isn't great though,

on side note odds are odds if you have a match that you think wil be close but odds don't show that then you got back that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

thanks all!

I'm from TMH, would be interested to hear who's tipping them..

We should win but 4/6 isn't particularly generous. We are 4/5 with cill dara betting (local bookmaker in kilmeague). I'll be having a piece of that once I hear the team tonight.

Here's the other odds on offer from Cill Dara and they differ wildly from PP but probably only relevent to locals

7/4 Monast vs A'Wood 4/7
    5/6 Eadestown vs Kevin's 5/6
    11/8 Clane vs Confey 4/6
    10/11 Bteague vs Caragh Evens
    4/5 TMH vs Clogherinkoe 11/10
    1/6 C'Dermot vs Kill 7/2
    BME 2/1 vs Ellistown 2/5
    Towers 4/6 vs Raheens 5/4
    Straffan 1/4 vs Sallins 11/4

Draw is around 6/1 for each game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement