Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Serious lump on Kerry ht-ft @ 8/13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Warper wrote: »
    Serious lump on Kerry ht-ft @ 8/13

I was looking at the draw halftime/Kerry full time, looks a decent bet as I think Tyrone will stick with them for 50 minutes or so. Should be a tight game the way Tyrone play and at 10/1 I think it's worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Sorry, should have said prices are with PP.

Newtownshandrum in cork a great bet, 8/15 a wrong price, should be around 1/3

I also fancy fr o Neills on cork but not to the same extent, back d your two and my two with Eire Og annacarthy in Tipperary in a nice 5 fold

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Anyone got anything decent in the club scene. In Laois I'm going to plug a couple of certs to go into accumulators.
    Crettyard are 1/2 to beat Ballyfin. Now, Crettyard are no great shakes but Ballyfin will have three suspended including their main man James Finn. I think 1/2 isn't short enough.
    The Heath are 8/13 to beat Ballyroan Abbey. The Heath hammered BA last year, albeit in a replay, and the only team that's improved since then is The Heath. They have Daithi Carroll back from abroad while BA have lost Scott Conroy to London. Nailed on for me.

I see Ballyroan are 10/1 for the county outright while the Heath are 16/1,
    Then The Heath are made 8/13 favs for this particular game?

is there any particular reason why this is can you think of?

I presume the same person is compiling odds for the Laois outrights as the individual games?

I like your confidence and the price but that just seems a slight concern for me maybe?

on Cork, the more I think of it, newtown look nailed on, 4/7 with Boyles, 8/15 with PP, should be 1/3 at least imo

They will win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Tuam Stars @ 10/11 are a great bet.
    They are a level or two ahead of Caherlistrane this year, but PP seem to be basing their odds on last years cship where C'trane beat them AET.

Should be priced up somewhere near 4/7, 8/15 in my opinion.

I'll behaving a pretty large stake on them, and a nice double if i can find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I'd fancy a Thurles, Killenaule and Eire Og treble in Tipp at 21/10 with PP. The North Final between Kildangan and Templederry looks very hard to call, the draw not a bad price at 17/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thoughts:
    Would the Kerry & Kerry Minor double at evens be worth a good punt?
    Seniors good things but know nothing about the Minors?

Red card in Kerry Tyrone 5/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Thoughts:
    Would the Kerry & Kerry Minor double at evens be worth a good punt?
    Seniors good things but know nothing about the Minors?

Minors are decent but look too short. Marc O'Connor is a superb player and the heartbeat of the team but on the bench due to tendonitis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Kilcock 10/11 with PP and Carbury 4/5 with Boyles are probably the standout bets from the kildare Fixtures this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Anybody think Cathal mannion is big at 10s for hurler of the year . If galway beat Kilkenny no way a galway player dosent won award I think . 3 goals 4 points v dublin 7 points v cork 5 points v tipp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

I like look of the Kerry subs to score over 2.5 points at Evens with Paddy. with the likes of Sheehan, Geaney, BJ Keane, Darran O Sullivan possible introductions, this looks a nice price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

2 standout bets for the game on Sunday for me. Bets which really don't need an awful lot of explaining but I'll give my reasoning anyway:

Kerry subs over 2.5 points @evens with PP

Ok so Kerry have decided to bench their 3 top scorers for the game on Sunday in a typically odd Kerry move. Paul Geaney (2-8), Bryan Sheehan (0-14) and Barry John Keane (2-7). Also on the bench is Darran O'Sullivan who hit 2-1 against Kildare with 18 mins of game-time. The idea here is mainly that Fitzmaurice likes to use his subs before the hour mark in games, so we can probably expect 15+ minutes out of either all 4 of these lads or maybe 3/4 them. Worst case scenario, we have 3 of these guys on the pitch for 10-15 minutes, and with their scoring abilities I don't see how they won't kick 3+ points within that time. People might be apprehensive due to Tyrone's defence being solid but if you take a look back at how many points they were conceding towards the end of the game against Monaghan, you'll probably accept that it'll be the same story this time around. Another few brief reasons to back up this selection is Fitzmaurice's lack of tolerance for poor performances (especially in the forwards). If Buckley, O'Brien or Donaghy aren't working out in the first half, it wouldn't surprise me to see very early changes. Also, if Bryan Sheehan comes on, he'll be on frees and if he comes on early enough we can pretty much guarantee this bet to be a winner with his free-taking alone. Even furthermore, we can't forget about Tommy Walsh and Paul Galvin who are also on the bench. AND the fact that JO'D has a dodgy shoulder and may well not last the full 70. Writing all of this down makes me even more confident that this bet is unbelievable value at evens.

Colm Cooper MOTM @15/2 with PP

This one is more simple. He was nominated for MOTM against Kildare and they talked him up so much there I thought they'd give it to him ahead of O'Brien and Moran! The media absolutely love Cooper and the fact that he is back, and I fully believe media hype plays a huge role in the selection of the MOTM award. Basically, all I believe he needs to do is make a few of his trademark foot passes and kick a few points and, so long as Kerry win the game, he'll win MOTM. Moran and JO'D have won the past two MOTM awards for Kerry so I think even if they have great games too, Cooper will be given it in the end since he's due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Same As wrote: »
    I like look of the Kerry subs to score over 2.5 points at Evens with Paddy. with the likes of Sheehan, Geaney, BJ Keane, Darran O Sullivan possible introductions, this looks a nice price.

Well... this looks like I took your idea haha, but I swear I was writing my post while you were writing yours :pac:

FatRat wrote: »
    Well... this looks like I took your idea haha, but I swear I was writing my post while you were writing yours :pac:

I thought that, matters nothing anyway, money is down. Doubt that price lasts long.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I thought that, matters nothing anyway, money is down. Doubt that price lasts long.

On this now aswell. Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

2 standout bets for the game on Sunday for me. Bets which really don't need an awful lot of explaining but I'll give my reasoning anyway:

Ok so Kerry have decided to bench their 3 top scorers for the game on Sunday in a typically odd Kerry move. Paul Geaney (2-8), Bryan Sheehan (0-14) and Barry John Keane (2-7). Also on the bench is Darran O'Sullivan who hit 2-1 against Kildare with 18 mins of game-time. The idea here is mainly that Fitzmaurice likes to use his subs before the hour mark in games, so we can probably expect 15+ minutes out of either all 4 of these lads or maybe 3/4 them. Worst case scenario, we have 3 of these guys on the pitch for 10-15 minutes, and with their scoring abilities I don't see how they won't kick 3+ points within that time. People might be apprehensive due to Tyrone's defence being solid but if you take a look back at how many points they were conceding towards the end of the game against Monaghan, you'll probably accept that it'll be the same story this time around. Another few brief reasons to back up this selection is Fitzmaurice's lack of tolerance for poor performances (especially in the forwards). If Buckley, O'Brien or Donaghy aren't working out in the first half, it wouldn't surprise me to see very early changes. Also, if Bryan Sheehan comes on, he'll be on frees and if he comes on early enough we can pretty much guarantee this bet to be a winner with his free-taking alone. Even furthermore, we can't forget about Tommy Walsh and Paul Galvin who are also on the bench. AND the fact that JO'D has a dodgy shoulder and may well not last the full 70. Writing all of this down makes me even more confident that this bet is unbelievable value at evens.

This one is more simple. He was nominated for MOTM against Kildare and they talked him up so much there I thought they'd give it to him ahead of O'Brien and Moran! The media absolutely love Cooper and the fact that he is back, and I fully believe media hype plays a huge role in the selection of the MOTM award. Basically, all I believe he needs to do is make a few of his trademark foot passes and kick a few points and, so long as Kerry win the game, he'll win MOTM. Moran and JO'D have won the past two MOTM awards for Kerry so I think even if they have great games too, Cooper will be given it in the end since he's due.

I'd say I'll take that on alright. Lots of logic gone into your post there in fairness. Particularly the fact Sheehan is on the bench makes it a good bet.

Just looked on Paddy Power there and the Tyrone subs to get over 0.5 points is 5/6. Is that value? You have literally 6 guys there that need to get 1 point between them to win? Surely that's value? Or is it a case that Tyrone just never really use the bench or what?

Having taken the time to look at it a little more I see that Tyrone's subs have scored 0-1 in total in their last 3 games. But having said that maybe the fact they were ahead in all three games coming towards the end meant their style had gone a little more defensive by the time the subs came on? Didn't actually see any of the game just speculating with that.

They do seem to regularly replace 2 or 3 of their starting forwards though so that surely gives this bet a fighting chance. Think I'll go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I'd say I'll take that on alright. Lots of logic gone into your post there in fairness. Particularly the fact Sheehan is on the bench makes it a good bet.

Just looked on Paddy Power there and the Tyrone subs to get over 0.5 points is 5/6. Is that value? You have literally 6 guys there that need to get 1 point between them to win? Surely that's value? Or is it a case that Tyrone just never really use the bench or what?

Is there any danger that some of the Kerry subs may start and fitzMaurice has not named a correct team?

robbiezero wrote: »
    Is there any danger that some of the Kerry subs may start and fitzMaurice has not named a correct team?

There's always that danger. There are rumours that Donaghy won't start the game and will be replaced by Geaney. That still leaves Bryan Sheehan, BJ Keane, Donaghy and Darran O Sullivan. Even if two of the named forward line don't start, the replacements that can come in are scorers. Whatever way I look at it, there's value at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Can't see that Kerry subs bet on the app?? Backed Buckley to score 2+ points. He'll be on the frees.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Can't see that Kerry subs bet on the app?? Backed Buckley to score 2+ points. He'll be on the frees.

5/4 for Buckley over 1.5 is good alright. For the subs bet, look for Player L.

5/4 for Buckley over 1.5 is good alright. For the subs bet, look for Player L.

That does seem good. He'll kick the right footed frees won't he?

Now 4/6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Could this be a low scoring game with weather promised wet

Wexford 21s handicap out to -24!!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Cheers for the write up, on Cooper with 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Now 4/6.

What's this market called? Obviously looking straight at it but canot find an overs market for the subs. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

jjdonegal wrote: »
    What's this market called? Obviously looking straight at it but canot find an overs market for the subs. Thanks

Near the bottom, Player L total points, 4/9 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Wexford 21s handicap out to -24!!

Not much fear of them covering it at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement